Unofficial Preview Preliminary final vs gws MCG Friday 22nd September @ 7.50 PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He trained fine on Friday. Nothing on his forearm at all, after having a cast on it for a few days last week.
Ok. Thanks for that. Probably the first training thread I’ve missed this year. No doubt Jen had already mentioned his status. I’m camping and very mindful of data usage at present. Used a lot following the Bruzzy hearing. Thanks again.

Ok. Thanks for that. Probably the first training thread I’ve missed this year. No doubt Jen had already mentioned his status. I’m camping and very mindful of data usage at present. Used a lot following the Bruzzy hearing. Thanks again.
I noticed straight away considering last week the media reported he was wearing a cast. So I was surprised to see him out there with nothing on his hand/arm at all.

Last edited:

Why can't we have two previews?
Seriously? When does it stop? Four, five?

Currently we have a Changes and Pre-match discussion thread, then Finnishpie posts his preview.

If you are interested in doing previews then put your hand up to volunteer next year.

Seriously? When does it stop? Four, five?

Currently we have a Changes and Pre-match discussion thread, then Finnishpie posts his preview.

If you are interested in doing previews then put your hand up to volunteer next year.
Apologies Maggie,

Will do so if I want to.

You can remove my thread if you want.

It was behind play, full elbow to the guts of Rozzee I think, I was wondering why at the time it happened it was treated by the commentators 'nothing to see here. I'm sure had it been a Pies player, it would of been aired 50 times....
Worth a week imo, but doubt it.
Not worth a week I’m afraid. I reckon a six day suspension would be about right.

Can’t shake this feeling that this game reeks of upset win against the odds

I really really really would have preferred to play Port.

Not sure what else to say. Fingers crossed we come out with an intensity befitting a Preliminary Final

Not sure what else to say. Fingers crossed we come out with an intensity befitting a Preliminary Final
They had that win 4 years ago , doubt it will happen again.

Unfortunately there are no easy prelims these days

Yeah this is a scary game

Have faith mate. A month ago you had us going out in straight sets.

No easy games. IF we win the prelim, it’s unlikely to get any easier facing brisbane (most likely)

Better to play GWS at the mcg than bris at the Gabba.

For what it’s worth, port were cooked. Dixon, Marshall, McKenzie were all playing injured. And ports mids in butters, rozee and wines didn’t put up a wimper.

No easy games. IF we win the prelim, it’s unlikely to get any easier facing brisbane (most likely)

For what it’s worth, port were cooked. Dixon, Marshall, McKenzie were all playing injured. And ports mids in butters, rozee and wines didn’t put up a wimper.
I find it hard to believe that there are so many more Blues fans thinking they will beat Brisbane than our fans thinking we will beat GWS. I know the game I would want to be playing and it ain’t up north.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I find it hard to believe that there are so many more Blues fans thinking they will beat Brisbane than our fans thinking we will beat GWS. I know the game I would want to be playing and it ain’t up north.
We are strong favourites with the bookies if that means anything

And if they'd kicked straight in the last quarter, they could still have won.

I had us going out in straight sets if we kept playing the way we were playing at the time

I said we’d beat Melbourne if we switched on. Which luckily we did.

Brisbane I’m not scared of. We’ll beat Brisbane if we meet them.

Carlton’s scare me. GWS scare me.

I’m hoping we come out with a real intensity Friday because we’ll need it.

I had us going out in straight sets if we kept playing the way we were playing at the time

I’d happily play Carlton. Nothing about them worries me, especially their forward line which is c tier outside of curnow. They were BOG average on fri.

Some posters bringing up past (way back) thread are the cockroaches of the forum.

Some posters bringing up past (way back) thread are the cockroaches of the forum.
4 week ago? If that makes me a cockroach so be it. My point was he hasn’t had confidence and he should. Our best can best anyone. But as we all know, this time of year we need to bring it.

And it's a bit bizarre (illogical) to be less afraid of a team (Lions) that beat us comfortably twice this year than one we beat easily this year (GWS)..

Personally, I respect all the teams left and don't underestimate any of them. I'd be expecting all of them to be at their very best and bringing the heat. The two top teams who played consistently well all year versus two of the most in form sides in the back half of the season.

It's Prelim Final weekend. The best of the best. We can't expect to bring anything short of our very best to win it.

We need to bring genuine heat through the middle of the ground to quell the Giants running game.

Lucky that's our 1 wood. Bring them on.

I hope the crowd are absolutely feral from the opening bounce.

How good are finals but at the same time how s**t are finals

Anyway ffs

I'm hating the negative vibes of some collingwood supporters..

We are good

We deserve to make the big dance

Will gws be an easy game? No way

Should we win? Bloody oath

If it's not a pies vs lions granny it's a travesty
And would prove we're not good enough, obviously WE ARE GOOD ENOUGH.

Sure not miles ahead like previous winners, but there's no doubt our best is the best.

If we're good enough we'll bring our best and I don't think effort in this area is any issue.

We're in the best position of the remaining 4 and we'll prove good enough to win it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back