Preview Finals Week 1: Collingwood v Melbourne, Thursday 7 September, MCG, 7.20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
With line-ups finalised, here are our OUTs and INs compared to Kings Birthday.

OUT: NDaicos, Noble, Frampton, Johnson, Harrison, McInnes.

IN: DeGoey, Elliott, Sidebottom, McStay, Howe, Ginnivan.

Obviously NDaicos is a huge out but collectively our INs are a big upgrade on our OUTs.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

With line-ups finalised, here are our OUTs and INs compared to Kings Birthday.

OUT: NDaicos, Noble, Frampton, Johnson, Harrison, McInnes.

IN: DeGoey, Sidebottom, McStay, Howe, Ginnivan, Markov.

Obviously NDaicos is a huge out but collectively our INs are a big upgrade on our OUTs.

And that fringe player Elliot 😃

And that fringe player Elliot

Whoops! I wonder which OUT I missed. Will review and revise. Thanks!

Fixed - Markov was the sub on KB, so not an IN for this game as I’d previously listed.

Last edited:
He's easy to forget. It's not like people have Billy on their BF avatars.
Mine
210412.jpg

He's one of my all time favourites.

Big call, really strong side if a Trojan like Noble gets squeezed out.

He's such a positive and infatiguable bloke, Fly has said he picks players based on training so watch JFN train the house down in the next two weeks.

I love this forecast. Yes we're a skilled side but the basic element of our play is sweep forward. The slippery ball slides down the ground almost as well as a dry ball, whereas Melbournes first use may well be diminished, with sloppier kicks favoring our high defence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not necessarily, on face value yes wet weather would hamper our run game, somewhat.

These two teams use pressure on the opposition, obviously for us that leads to, in part, our turnover game but we can't categorically say that the dees don't have their own transition game - every team does.

Think it more comes down to how well either team transitions the ball, whether by turnover (us) or stoppage and clearance (them), of course this is a simplistic view given both teams do have strength in all facets of possession win.

Turnover or clearance win in either a dry or wet game would be marginal in difference for mine.

Given the G is an extremely good ground for drainage and holds surface well in wet weather I think a wet game would be a neutral game.

thanks for cheering me up Carringbush. Needed it.

If we go out in straight sets lose to these and then lose to you know who i will be very close to the edge. If the chick at maccas drive through is grumpy or lifeless when she reads back my order I don't know what I might do.

Don’t worry. If we happen to lose tomorrow night, there’s no way we’ll lose to the Swans a week later.

I love JF Noble. Loved him before the rest of you, and more intensely.

Didn't think he'd be dropped, but he has been playing sub-average football for a while, probably since he re-signed.

Still, we were at our best at the start of the year when the tracks were fast.
I'd say some of our best matches were in the wet. I loved that Port game in Adelaide to name just one. The reality is Dee's losses were all in the wet. Not the case for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back