Preview Finals Week 1: Collingwood v Melbourne, Thursday 7 September, MCG, 7.20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love JF Noble. Loved him before the rest of you, and more intensely.

Didn't think he'd be dropped, but he has been playing sub-average football for a while, probably since he re-signed.
Ah yes the dreaded drop off after re-signing clause. Nick being injured adds to his since re-signing haha.

Ah yes the dreaded drop off after re-signing clause. Nick being injured adds to his since re-signing haha.

Just to be clear about it, I don't think that there's a cause and effect. Unfortunately, it was quite noticeable that he had a poor game immediately after the contract, and he just hasn't hit his stride since.

Just to be clear about it, I don't think that there's a cause and effect. Unfortunately, it was quite noticeable that he had a poor game immediately after the contract, and he just hasn't hit his stride since.
I dont think his ankle injury lately has helped. They prob should have given him a couple weeks off.

I posted earlier today about how all our possible changes to the team change our style of play because it’s not apples for apples. When I wrote that I never for a minute expected Noble to get dropped.
His exclusion is actually the one omission that allows us not to mess with our structure. He goes out and Markov fills his role. Murphy slides in and takes a player Markov might have picked up.
It’s allowed us to keep an exciting forward line plus keep role players like WHE and Lipinski who can fill different positions.
I feel for Johnny but am liking what the selection table has done.

Can anyone do some mind reading of the mc as to why we've dropped Noble?

sr36 Scodog10 Jen2310 Apex36 Finnishpie Gone Critical

What is it in the strategy for this game that we take away one of our driving quarterbacks?

Can understand dropping Lippa to get the 3 ins on the park but surely not Noble, what is that the mc sees that I don't?

Hmmmm, team structure maybe, but that’s probably a tad too obvious. Every game we’ve gone in with 7 defenders, 7 forwards, 8 mids. Looks the same to me this week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His disposal is poor

Wouldn’t go as far as to say poor but his DE% is flattered by his tendency to kick long down the line. Anything over 45m that doesn’t result in a direct turnover is considered efficient I think is how it works.

I’m sure it had nothing to do with selections today but I just rewatched the Kings Birthday match and Noble had a bit of a shocker, with several errors that lead directly to Dees scores. Lacked composure and tried to do too much at times.

One way or another, I reckon we’ll see him back later in our 2023 Premiership journey, playing better than ever.

After rewatching the KB game, there’s nothing particularly scary about the Dees. We match up well on them. We’ve got this!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I want to see the Melbourne players tackled and tackled HARD !!! Stick them and stick it to them. Oliver, Viney and Petracca will do their usual thing and we’ll match them but the rest of them need to know we are around. FWIW I think Cox and Cameron will give Gawn a thorough workout.
Be interesting to see if McCreery adjusts his tackling or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back