Arts & Humanities Age of Empires

Remove this Banner Ad

AoE2 is the greatest real time strategy game ever. I played endless hours of deathmatch with a couple of mates.

I liked the Teutons, great defensive strength which I loved for turtling and Teutonic knights would butcher anything in a battle.

Best. Game. Ever.

Deathmatch wonder rush plus castle spawning = pissed off mate

Best. Game. Ever.

Deathmatch wonder rush plus castle spawning = pissed off mate
Oh yeah, especially if one mate loved his full on battles. You'd send out an initial force to engage to avoid suspicion, build your defences with triple walls, each layer containing bombard towers, castles and trebuchets.

Then once troops were in place and the wonder went up there'd be a chorus of "F**K!" and they'd both turn on you.

Hey i pulled AGE of KINGS out of closet bout 3 weeks ago and I'm back into it like never before, this game never gets old. Ive been playing multiplayer on Gameranger where there are some great strategy games people have created.

If anyone wants a deathmatch against me PM me and we'll verse thru IP.

Could be a bit of fun ;)

AoE2 greatest (why the hell they did that to AoE3, i have no idea.....killed the winning formula)...

and seriously, how many people would turn around and give you their attention....at that sound "wololooo"....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was always a Mongols man myself. Horde of Mangudai / Infantry in Seige rams was all I ever needed. Teutons were fun when my mate decided to counter me by going the Goths.

For a bit of fun, get a Small (2 player) map, 8 players, fortress, deathmatch, starting age imperial, all techs, type "aegis". So so so funny

"You played two hours to die like this?"

Great game, used to play tournaments at school, straight knockout format for an AOE2 championship. Used to love any of the civilizations that had Heavy Catapults as they could wipe out trees and render my enemies walls useless. On a related note I used to love empire earth as well :thumbsu:

Just got my ass handed to me by the Celts:(

First run in a while (7 years) and after a long hard fought seige where i thought i had starved them off enough to counter attack, they sent in 3 trebuchets to kill off my what was left of my civilisation

Heaps of fun though:D:D

s**t. Thread brings back memories!

Thank you to Nutri-Grain for introducing me to this game. Played it heaps, nearly always ended up cheating if I wasn't playing on an easy-ish level. Thread has inspired me to get back into game, 6 week uni holiday :thumbsu:

Bigfooty death match tournament?

Thank you to Nutri-Grain for introducing me to this game. Played it heaps, nearly always ended up cheating if I wasn't playing on an easy-ish level. Thread has inspired me to get back into game, 6 week uni holiday :thumbsu:

I'm down for that, but I'm not very good :(

i'm in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back