Arts & Humanities Age of Empires

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm in too.

As for whoever called the Franks crap, how dare you. Free farm upgrades and cheap castles? Bah. Just because their unique stunk :p

How incredibly bad were the french? Wow. Those axe throwers really sucked ass.

The French were great for wonder rush due to cheap castles - you could pump up massive amounts of castles to protect your wonder. You could also quickly build a 'castle road' to your opponents camps to protect advancing troops, or throw up 2-3 castles in an advanced camp just out of range of your opponent.

The great thing about AOE was that you could use all teams to your advantage in different ways.

s**t. Thread brings back memories!

Thank you to Nutri-Grain for introducing me to this game. Played it heaps, nearly always ended up cheating if I wasn't playing on an easy-ish level. Thread has inspired me to get back into game, 6 week uni holiday :thumbsu:

Bigfooty death match tournament?

Down like a Clown.

**** it's a hard game sometimes though. I always lose track of everything by the imperial age and end up having about 50 idle villagers cause theres no stone or gold left.

Thought i'd try something different and i played as the Goths................................never again

There economy is shocking and i had virtually no form of defense to protect myself, the match was over in 45 minutes:mad:

Thought i'd try something different and i played as the Goths................................never again

There economy is shocking and i had virtually no form of defense to protect myself, the match was over in 45 minutes:mad:

i always used to try a militia rush with the goths but it never seemed to work

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bigfooty death match tournament?

In like Flynn.

Thankyou OP, for giving me a reason to waste my uni holidays starting tomorrow. :)

Britons all the way. March with longbowmen leading the way, and a layer of swordsmen and paladins protecting the trebuchets. Domination.

I always get ****ed by not controlling the water, even when playing as the Vikings.:(

In like Flynn.

Thankyou OP, for giving me a reason to waste my uni holidays starting tomorrow. :)

Britons all the way. March with longbowmen leading the way, and a layer of swordsmen and paladins protecting the trebuchets. Domination.

I always get ****ed by not controlling the water, even when playing as the Vikings.:(

Your welcome mate. I'll be doing the exact same thing :)

Now this got my attention, about exam time last year I discovered EB Games were selling Age of Empires 1 and 2 along with their expansion packs for $20... Subsequently the quality of my work suffered.

As everyone has said the only game that should be discussed is 2.

I was also introduced to the first game through Nutri-Grain; however in a much cooler way than you would expect. Our Year 7 English teacher decided that one of our 'core' teaching modules would be to play Age of Empires in class and then discuss what we had just done in a way that real civilisations would have done (i.e. scout for food, build houses, come into conflict for resources etc.). I still fondly remember that beautiful lady.

Now this got my attention, about exam time last year I discovered EB Games were selling Age of Empires 1 and 2 along with their expansion packs for $20... Subsequently the quality of my work suffered.

As everyone has said the only game that should be discussed is 2.

I was also introduced to the first game through Nutri-Grain; however in a much cooler way than you would expect. Our Year 7 English teacher decided that one of our 'core' teaching modules would be to play Age of Empires in class and then discuss what we had just done in a way that real civilisations would have done (i.e. scout for food, build houses, come into conflict for resources etc.). I still fondly remember that beautiful lady.

Best class/teacher ever

Remove this Banner Ad

Back