Arts & Humanities Age of Empires

Remove this Banner Ad

I remember the sound effects most fondly.

- The bird sound, a stock sound
- Enemy attack warning
- Priest conversion
- Horse noises

Few others, and the music themes. They are just sounds impossible to forget. I haven't played the game in over a decade, but still remember the soundtrack rather fondly.

The sound I most remember is the rattlesnake sound you would get when your farmers had depleted their farms. This was a nightmare towards the end of the game (before the process could be automated) as you'd have to keep clicking between battles and farmers to keep your economy going.

Plenty of people still play online through gameranger. http://www.gameranger.com/ (gameranger uses hamachi btw)
Should organise a BF match some time.

If you buy the new HD version through steam, you can play it through there.

I have always had a ******* terrible time trying to organise 3-4 players through Hamachi

it's impossible to separate one's personal experience from it but i think that AOE2 was a better game for it's time than AOE3 was respectively.

also i can't remember anything about the AOE3 campagin but i can vividly recall every mission in the joan of arc campaign in AOE2 despite not having played it in yonks.

I remember the sound effects most fondly.

- The bird sound, a stock sound
- Enemy attack warning
- Priest conversion
- Horse noises

Few others, and the music themes. They are just sounds impossible to forget. I haven't played the game in over a decade, but still remember the soundtrack rather fondly.
I played every sound in my head as I went down the list!

I don't think I ever played III. I & II were all the rage in my house (from about 1999-mid 00's), and I remember playing Mythology a little bit (not as good though).

No doubt I'll be cracking this one back out to coincide with the long weekend, cheers for the bump bigfooty!

I was absolute balls at the game but still loved it!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

- Enemy invading, no defences at the ready as all time spent on assigning villagers to build farms and chop trees.

- Furiously creating Long Swordsmen/Cavalry and whatever other un-researched units you have available in an attempt to protect your base.

*You need to build more houses...*

:(

It's a bit sad that the age of the RTS has seemed to died out. So many fantastic memories: Empire Earth, Age of Empires, Rise of Nations, Empire: Dawn of the Modern World, Age of Mythology, etc, etc, etc. A lot of my childhood was spent with those games.

- Enemy invading, no defences at the ready as all time spent on assigning villagers to build farms and chop trees.

- Furiously creating Long Swordsmen/Cavalry and whatever other un-researched units you have available in an attempt to protect your base.

*You need to build more houses...*

:(
When enemies started to build s**t in your town you knew you were ****ed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back