And the winner for Dream Team 2013 is....

Remove this Banner Ad

Blue and Gold Blood

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 1, 2007
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
west coast
Aaron Henneman FFC - currently 6th overall.

http://dreamteam.afl.com.au/?p=other_teams&tid=457&lid=1

Im calling it early. Somehow this bloke has a team full of 22 premos already. The team is worth 12.3 million already, and his bench players include the following:
B: terlich, thurlow
C: Martin, Goodes
R: Blicavs, Nicholls
F: Mcaffer, Staker

Very impressive squad of 30, and to have that team surely has dodged most injuries to premos. Thats the only way you could possibly have 22 premos after 12 rounds of footy. The scary thing is he can still bring in T.Mitchell into the centre, and Danniher into the forwards.

Feel free to post here should someone else emerge from the clouds and take the overall prize, but this team surely is the front runner now. Will be interesting to track the top teams who are virtually impossible to catch with 2 trades every week all season.

The only premium spots left for me to fill are Vlaustin and Terlich in defense. Terlich becomes Gibbs next week, and Vlaustin becomes Birchall the week after. His team is good, but it's very similar to mine. Just saying his team is nothing out of the ordinary.

However, I have just cracked the 10k ranking for the first time.... if only my start was better.:(

well thats just it though. His team was complete before last round started. He is about 2-3 weeks ahead of most people which is quite out of the ordinary. The advantage of completing your team before everybody else is that if popular players become injured, then everyone is fixing up their teams, therefore not being able to do the usual downgrade cash cow upgrade another cash cow to premium process. In simple terms, last round his team was 3 premo's better than yours which equates to about 120-150 points. This round his team will be 2 premo's better than yours which is about 60-100 points more, and so on. Should injuries hit, that advantage will last longer, stretching his lead over everyone else.

At this stage he would be hoping for people like Goddard, Ablett, Swan, etc to have an injury so that the people chasing him dont have an opportunity to upgrade their teams to 22 premo's. The race to getting your best 22 to being all premiums has never been as important as it has this year.

Edit: btw i dont think trading our Vlaustin for Birchall is an upgrade.

well thats just it though. His team was complete before last round started. He is about 2-3 weeks ahead of most people which is quite out of the ordinary. The advantage of completing your team before everybody else is that if popular players become injured, then everyone is fixing up their teams, therefore not being able to do the usual downgrade cash cow upgrade another cash cow to premium process. In simple terms, last round his team was 3 premo's better than yours which equates to about 120-150 points. This round his team will be 2 premo's better than yours which is about 60-100 points more, and so on. Should injuries hit, that advantage will last longer, stretching his lead over everyone else.

At this stage he would be hoping for people like Goddard, Ablett, Swan, etc to have an injury so that the people chasing him dont have an opportunity to upgrade their teams to 22 premo's. The race to getting your best 22 to being all premiums has never been as important as it has this year.

Edit: btw i dont think trading our Vlaustin for Birchall is an upgrade.
Yeah, I'm actually wondering if I should trade Vlaustin or Birchall out for Gibbs.

At the moment, Vlaustin is performing better than Birchall.

I think the guy in 2nd is in a good position. Solid team value, cash in hand is an unknown for these teams but will be good to see how these teams look post bye as some upgrades are on the cards.

I have a better forwardline than him...but thats it. In every other position he has me covered and has a full team already when I am still 2 weeks off and that is including Mitchell as mid 8. He's in the BetEdge group so I've been watching his team quite closely and for the last 5 or so weeks he has moved up from ~250th to 6th.

Tom Mitchell may be worth keeping to be honest. My last 4 trades will involve getting rid of Kyle Martin, Tom Mitchell, Vlastuin & Brett Goodes.

But may take a while to trade out Martin & Mitchell due to their semi low price. May ha e to wait until around rounds 17-19.

But Goodes & Vlastuin are trade bait next Sunday night, hoping they both rise in price.

Tom Mitchell may be worth keeping to be honest. My last 4 trades will involve getting rid of Kyle Martin, Tom Mitchell, Vlastuin & Brett Goodes.

But may take a while to trade out Martin & Mitchell due to their semi low price. May ha e to wait until around rounds 17-19.

But Goodes & Vlastuin are trade bait next Sunday night, hoping they both rise in price.

Not with his BE. Needs a very good midfield premium like score just to hold his price.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon my old mans team(his first year playing) is in with a chance. He better give me a cut of the $50k if he does win with all the help I've given him ;)

View attachment 22089

View attachment 22090
lol, if you mean to say that your dad in his 1st year playing successfully negotiated the bye rounds averaging around 1900pts per week, then youre dreaming..

Nice 2nd team though :thumbsu:

lol, if you mean to say that your dad in his 1st year playing successfully negotiated the bye rounds averaging around 1900pts per week, then youre dreaming..

Nice 2nd team though :thumbsu:

Honestly, not kidding. I advise him on what to do but he makes all the choices. He's a port supporter so started with lots of uniques that I wouldn't have picked...he just got lucky that those guys did so well (Wingard, Cornes, Wines, got Hoff early) I did help fill out his squad with rookies (not including the port guys) and a few must haves like Pendles and Goddard.

His starting team wasn't that great but he's just gotten really lucky.

wings1.png

Lots of players there I would never pick. Plus - notice he has donuts on the field and no emergencies selected - not an error I would make if it was my second team.

Just goes to show how much of this game comes down to luck.

Wingard at 250k o_O That would have been nice.

Starting with Fletcher, Walker, Mline, Butcher. No Swan, Rockliff etc and some questionable premium choices in NRoo and K.Cornes (all things pointed towards decline from those two) and is now ranked 13th... Makes me pissed off at all those hours I spent researching for my team :thumbsdown:

Meh he's 1 premo (1x Midfielder so we're talking Tom Mitchell on the field vs. on the bench) ahead of me and 6,000 places better off... I hate this game!

He has avoided the bad premiums... that have been late withdrawals / injuries early in q1/q2 and probably somehow got the best rookies on the ground every week, rather than on the bench.

Makes me pissed off at all those hours I spent researching for my team :thumbsdown:

He's an american as well if that makes it any worse haha. Although has been here 30 odd years and is massively into AFL.

Nuh it's still worth taking the time and researching. Much bigger chance of an experienced person who's done their research winning it, but honestly I don't care that much about ranking, I have the most fun with friends in leagues.

Rules this year will make it tough for anyone from below 20th to win from here. I'm in 50th but no chance. Starting to think about a couple of unique mids with good matchups to try and make ground but teams are so similar it's hardly worth the effort. Nobody gets in trouble this year with injuries or trades so if you're not at the pointy end it's pretty much all over. Byes was the last genuine chance to make ground.

Rules this year will make it tough for anyone from below 20th to win from here. I'm in 50th but no chance. Starting to think about a couple of unique mids with good matchups to try and make ground but teams are so similar it's hardly worth the effort. Nobody gets in trouble this year with injuries or trades so if you're not at the pointy end it's pretty much all over. Byes was the last genuine chance to make ground.

agree with this somewhat, but I think the top 100 still have a chance, but will need to go unique. I am going to try to pull out some risky moves, the ones I have been doing for the last 6 weeks have been turning out well so far.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back