Anti-Australia ABC does it again - Dapto Dogs under threat!

Remove this Banner Ad

Because he didn't like the content of the article.

So - deflect and attack. :)

No, its becasue the people reporting on it are doing so not from being in the industry, but by simply "owning a pet greyhound".

Some of the most irresponsible greyhound owners i've come across are these clowns who adopt them.

Like the moron woman who was fostering them and let a dog off the lead who'd won $250,000 in prize money.

It nearly mauled two pugs to death before she finally caught up with it. I saw that with my own eyes.

That woman is the type of person writing your "fluff pieces" like the one on mamamia.

What does that mean?
Are you saying that the source of the facts construes your view of the facts?
Are you saying that a site for women, is not valid?
Are you saying that if a man can read a site and take the factual information from it, it makes them a "girly man"?
What's a girly man? Is that a negative connotation?

You still haven't responded to me pointing out that opinion isn't fact... Bitch.

I'm saying adopting a greyhound does not make one an expert on the breed nor the industry.

Like that idiot who wrote that article.

I've come across plenty of women like her. They are more of a danger to the dog than the dog is to small furry creatures.

I'm saying adopting a greyhound does not make one an expert on the breed nor the industry.

I've come across plenty of women like her. They are more of a danger to the dog than the dog is to small furry creatures.
What kind of woman is she?
How do you know?
Why is your judgement of her, more important than her judgement of greyhound racers?

Would you say that racing a greyhound, makes you an expert?

Sounds like the people who won the money should be taking care of the dog instead of fobbing the responsibility on someone else.

What kind of woman is she?
How do you know?
Why is your judgement of her, more important than her judgement of greyhound racers?

Would you say that racing a greyhound, makes you an expert?

She's a monday's expert.

And no, racing an expert doesn't make you an expert.

However having had them for 25 years and trained them, bred them and owned them as pets makes me an expert.

Sounds like the people who won the money should be taking care of the dog instead of fobbing the responsibility on someone else.

Chief you are spot on there.

When I heard who the dog was, I was ******* furious. I took all my ex-racers home as pets.

They wouldnt bring this dog home because the wife had two cats. If ever this dog got near them, he'd have destroyed them.

The woman who was fostering him however, should never be let near greyhounds.

When I heard who the dog was, I was ******* furious. I took all my ex-racers home as pets.

They wouldnt bring this dog home because the wife had two cats. If ever this dog got near them, he'd have destroyed them.

What was the date for that? Because I'm calling bullshit!

What was the date for that? Because I'm calling bullshit!

The date?

It was Eastern Gardens in Geelong. Nice open area where dogs can be let off for free galloping. Well dogs that aren't retired ******* greyhounds that is.

This is a classic case of misplaced anger.

We are not the problem Gus, it's the shitheads in the industry doing the wrong thing.

They are the ones you should be pissed off at.

Or perhaps have a lot better instruction in their care.

If under experienced people are taking care of these animals you can be sure it is because nobody else will. It sounds like the industry needs a lot more regulation rather than blame someone kind hearted enough to want to care for an abandoned animal.

And if I really thought you were serious about live baiting dogs, rather than just trolling, what scrap of respect I had for you would vanish.

Or perhaps have a lot better instruction in their care.

If under experienced people are taking care of these animals you can be sure it is because nobody else will. It sounds like the industry needs a lot more regulation rather than blame someone kind hearted enough to want to care for an abandoned animal.

And if I really thought you were serious about live baiting dogs, rather than just trolling, what scrap of respect I had for you would vanish.

They aren't abandoned though. In all seriousness is this is what you think they are?

Owners place them on a register sometimes months before they often get taken in by GAP. You can't just rock up there and dump a dog on them.

So they are cared for until they are able to be fostered. If people are reading that they get dumped they are reading bullshit.

You can't "dump" greyhounds because they can be identified by microchip as to who owned/trained them.

Can you kill them?

You can kill anything you want if you have the urge.

In the end they are no different to a cow or a pig or a sheep or a cat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They aren't abandoned though. In all seriousness is this is what you think they are?

Owners place them on a register sometimes months before they often get taken in by GAP. You can't just rock up there and dump a dog on them.

So they are cared for until they are able to be fostered. If people are reading that they get dumped they are reading bullshit.

You can't "dump" greyhounds because they can be identified by microchip as to who owned/trained them.
Dumping by another name, isn't it?

Cloak the process in an elaborate scheme, but it is still disposing of an animal after it has outlived its sporting use isn't it?

That's not really saying much, is it? A loving sadomasochistic relationship could be another person's domestic violence.

I'm not arguing for a moral black or white.

You claimed that we need animals for food. This is incorrect. We eat meat because we enjoy it. Just like we enjoy animals for entertainment purposes. By your reckoning, to minimise harm, it is more moral to kill an animal for food than train it as a race horse or have a lion perform in a circus show.

David Attenborough and the millions of people who watch his documentaries do, drama queen.

You know him?
Funny that, I never heard the great man laugh hysterically at the sight of an animal suffering and then playing around with an animal corpse, poking it and asking it "are you dead" multiple times. Neither the people I've seen watch his shows.

Funny that, I never heard the great man laugh hysterically at the sight of an animal suffering and then playing around with an animal corpse, poking it and asking it "are you dead" multiple times. Neither the people I've seen watch his shows.
Now I kind of want to see that, for whatever it's worth.

You claimed that we need animals for food. This is incorrect. We eat meat because we enjoy it. Just like we enjoy animals for entertainment purposes. By your reckoning, to minimise harm, it is more moral to kill an animal for food than train it as a race horse or have a lion perform in a circus show.
Interesting use of the word we. You do know a substantial number of people in the world do not eat meat?

That it involved an ex-regulator and revelations of multiple live-baiting rings, I think the assessment that it is 'rare' is a bit wishful... The cattle issue which right-wingers love to complain about on BF just involved regulators not checking their customers standards, rather than the close link here.

Initial post was more about the regular, ridiculous (and revisionist) claims about the live cattle mistreatment 4 Corners helped uncover, but I have updated the most with a bit more context as directed.

Completely different

One adds nothing to society other than financial risk.

The other provides protein to a poor nation where many only get to eat meat once a year.

Threatening the food security of the poor is not only bullying but incredibly cruel and stupid. Yes something needed to be done but what was done was poor.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back