Science/Environment Anti-vacc Crazies at it again. Post appropriate outrage ITT

Remove this Banner Ad

It might be news to you that there is a world wide shortage of IC Nurses. Guess why?
Mate i work at the hospital i mentioned in my post above. Im giving an insight into whats happening. I watched my ex struggle to get employment as a nurse after graduating here during the outbreak of the pandemic, simply because she was born in Nepal. If you're going to ask a condescending sarcastic question you can cram it.

Ok, so if I said I refused to get my child vaccinated what would your response be?
Do you believe that the scientific consensus about the effectiveness of immunisations is part of a vast global conspiracy theory aimed at harming billions upon billions of people, in order to enhance the profits of a handful of pharmaceutical companies?

Guys can we please get back on track, I want to hear about how space lizards created viruses or whatever this thread was about till the last two pages.

of course viruses were created by the jews to kill the poor christians and vaccines were made by the satanic catholics to turn everybody into pagans.

again I refer to you to his tacit acceptance i was "on the money". not good enough for you? like i give a s**t. there were never any confirmations from the other arseclowns I've schooled here (well pogma and smiling Buddha stated that universities were "brainwashing institutions" but that probably requires too much reading between the lines for you). like they'd give me the satisfaction!

Tacit? So he never acknowledged you were right? And the other people you "schooled" here wouldn't tell you either? So you don't know do you? :rolleyes:

nah, given up on jumping through your hoops. you couldn't even understand the conversation i provided you with, what's the point in continuing?

So you give up? So I'll take it that you admit you lose, you'll never give me that satisfaction but I'm just going to say it anyway! :thumbsu:

Tacit? So he never acknowledged you were right? And the other people you "schooled" here wouldn't tell you either? So you don't know do you? :rolleyes:

of course i know, lol. their belief in magical ideas coupled with their lack of denial at my assertion is all that's needed to make a reasonable inference. maybe you're just not very good at this. fair enough, i wouldn't expect most people to have the same amount of experience with alternative "thinkers". this isn't my first rodeo. go and PM the poster i quoted if you don't believe me.

So you give up? So I'll take it that you admit you lose, you'll never give me that satisfaction but I'm just going to say it anyway! :thumbsu:

im sorry you were unable to follow the conversation. better luck next time.

Although vaccination rates tend to be higher in lower socioeconomic post codes than in welthier, more educated ones.

We also know that the biggest customers of naturopathy snake oil tend to me educated professional women.

I wonder if it has more to do with rampant individualism. These special people don't like concepts like herd immunity because they aren't part of any herd. Their personal anecdotal experience is more valuable to any level of statistical evidence. Their immune system is super strong because of the special individualised diet they have been give by some naturopath etc.

That their self centred behaviour might lead to horrible illness or even death to others, including babies, doesn't worry them in the least.

Although vaccination rates tend to be higher in lower socioeconomic post codes than in welthier, more educated ones.

We also know that the biggest customers of naturopathy snake oil tend to me educated professional women.

I wonder if it has more to do with rampant individualism. These special people don't like concepts like herd immunity because they aren't part of any herd. Their personal anecdotal experience is more valuable to any level of statistical evidence. Their immune system is super strong because of the special individualised diet they have been give by some naturopath etc.

That their self centred behaviour might lead to horrible illness or even death to others, including babies, doesn't worry them in the least.
Nice try with the guilt trip. It doesn't work when what you are selling is bs.

I think it's more an anti-corporatist stance.

It's in line with a general trend that having access to more dubious sources of data allows people on both sides of the political divide to cherry-pick their information to meet their values, rather than adjusting their worldview to facts. So, climate change deniers on the right dispute the science because they fear change, anti-vaxxers are often on the left (though often the wealthy left) because they generally distrust corporations, especially when it comes to issues of personal health (see also, GM foods).

of course i know, lol. their belief in magical ideas coupled with their lack of denial at my assertion is all that's needed to make a reasonable inference. maybe you're just not very good at this. fair enough, i wouldn't expect most people to have the same amount of experience with alternative "thinkers". this isn't my first rodeo. go and PM the poster i quoted if you don't believe me.

"Knowing" and a "reasonable inference" are completely different, the second one is very subjective and is certainly nowhere near a fact. And maybe they don't care enough about you to make a denial? Either way you really have no idea, I think that's a given.

im sorry you were unable to follow the conversation. better luck next time.

I followed it fine, I'm sorry you can't be more specific, I'm also sorry you wasted money on a useless university education.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Read your last paragraph again where you virtually accuse anti-vaxxer mums of being murderers!
I think they are the equivalent of someone who drives at a high speed, whilst intoxicated with an unrestrained infant in the back seat
Except, unlike the drunk driver, the anti vaccer isn't putting herself at risk of dying horribly, just her child and other people's children.

I am pretty sure that wouldn't be the case. The attitude is probably that it won't lead to illness because natural holistic stuff is just as, or more, effective.

I am pretty sure that wouldn't be the case. The attitude is probably that it won't lead to illness because natural holistic stuff is just as, or more, effective.
Or that vaccines are a fraud and don't work.
My point being though that the deaths of a few, a few hundred or even tens of thousands of infants isn't going affect their attitudes one iota.
They're not going to let reason or the mountains of evidence get in the way of their utterly self centred naval gazing.
So a few infants die horribly so that they can maintain their freedom to believe delusional conspiracy theories and belief in snake oil; they don't care.

So a few infants die horribly so that they can maintain their freedom to believe delusional conspiracy theories and belief in snake oil; they don't care.
I think they would care, but they just don't think it is their fault: it is the fault of the false-prophet of vaccination.

I think they would care, but they just don't think it is their fault: it is the fault of the false-prophet of vaccination.
Probably true. But I don't think that lets them off the hook.
It makes me sad and angry that infants have died in Australia from pertussis in areas of relatively low herd immunity.
These people need to be held to account for their irresponsible, delusional and deadly beliefs.

The fact that you believe this is disturbing.
Who made the 300 million year old virii?

Fully respect your post...well put.
But in my opinion virus are man created.
Follow the money.
All roads lead back to big Pharma.
Explain why they bothered to create numerous virii for every mammal on the face of the earth, most of which only affect the individual species, Einstein?
What's in it for Big Farmer, big ignoramus....

Who made the 300 million year old virii?

Explain why they bothered to create numerous virii for every mammal on the face of the earth, most of which only affect the individual species, Einstein?
What's in it for Big Farmer, big ignoramus....
FYI: the_interloper

you have no tertiary qualifications.
you subscribe to many "alternative" explanations/beliefs or obsess over some of the following subjects:
banking, central banking especially The Fed, the gold standard, fractional lending and debt etc
New World Order, global government
Bilderberg group or trilateral commission
Global warming
Fluoride and vaccines (which we already know) and probably other points of medical “contention” (HIV-AIDS denialism or cancer conspiracies)

ironically enough, I think many conspiracy nuts are actually quite intelligent. I've often described this phenomenon as having a V-10 race car at your disposal, but without having any idea how to drive it.

sorry if you were expecting more? but i'll take that as an admittance I was on the money.

well I am? I took your language, style & topic of comment and extrapolated that to a bunch of completely unrelated topics that you also subscribe to, as well as your level of education. not terrible work for a handful of forum posts ;)

look at me go! ;)
Thats what make him an aware human and you a buffoon.

Who's predictable, Mr 100% Education Predictor?

really? you've already forgotten about clownpants? 'viruses are man-made' and all that jazz? i seem to remember you getting all bent out of shape because i stated the ******* obvious? anyway...whaddya know, no degree and subscribes to all the same populist nonsenses you'd expect (predict!) from someone that makes comments like that.

the best part of course is that he's commenting on my description of a third party, that just by some incredible fluke, also describes him to a tee. what were the odds!? :D how do i do it? it must be ******* magic.

really? you've already forgotten about clownpants? 'viruses are man-made' and all that jazz? i seem to remember you getting all bent out of shape because i stated the ******* obvious? anyway...whaddya know, no degree and subscribes to all the same populist nonsenses you'd expect (predict!) from someone that makes comments like that.

the best part of course is that he's commenting on my description of a third party, that just by some incredible fluke, also describes him to a tee. what were the odds!? :D how do i do it? it must be ******* magic.

Does you know what a capital letter is? You must not be very well educated.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back