Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Doctor

Club Legend
Jul 23, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
North Melbourne guernsey signed by 1999 premiership team

It is almost impossible to get all these signatures on one item again, even harder on an official 1999 on-field team gear guernsey.

The guernsey includes the signatures of all the greats from PAGAN to CAREY to STEVENS, ARCHER, MARTYN, SIMPSON, PICKETT, McKERNAN, BELL, GRANT, LONGMIRE and many more.

It is a great piece of North Melbourne memorabilia and looks magnificent mounted on the wall. Im upset i even have to get rid of it now :(

Selling for $1,500.

Any decent offers will be considered so just send me a PM if your interested :)

Picture of jumper here
http://img37.imageshack.us/content_round.php?page=done&l=img37/1331/pc260198t.jpg&via=mupload

Good luck with it Doc. My "addicted to purchasing club memorabilia" side says "gimme gimme gimme", but my better side (missus) says "Yeah? And hang it where FFS? The house is chockers with these jumpers!!!!"

Needless to say, I'm not in the running, but I'm sure a North supporter would love to have it in their own collection.

Thanks twinkletoes im sure there is a North supporter out there to take it off my hands :)

I have a very similar piece of memorobilia on my wall. I was 15 in 1999, and throughout the year I got all the signatures myself. After we won the flag, I saved up my meagre Hungry Jacks pay cheques for 4 months to pay the $450 professional sports-framers here in Adelaide to mount and frame it.

It looks simply awesome today, and it's my most treasured possession.

Sounds like yours is in a similar vein The Doctor, and I hope you can find a way to keep it. If not though, $1500 is a bargain price for something like that, and i'm sure you'll find someone interested in buying it.

I have a very similar piece of memorobilia on my wall. I was 15 in 1999, and throughout the year I got all the signatures myself. After we won the flag, I saved up my meagre Hungry Jacks pay cheques for 4 months to pay the $450 professional sports-framers here in Adelaide to mount and frame it.

It looks simply awesome today, and it's my most treasured possession.

Sounds like yours is in a similar vein The Doctor, and I hope you can find a way to keep it. If not though, $1500 is a bargain price for something like that, and i'm sure you'll find someone interested in buying it.

Thanks mate, yea it is also my most prized piece of memorabilia and its a real shame to have to sell it. Hopefully a loyal roo supporter can give it a good home :)

If this is the same jumper The Doctor has been trying to sell for a while now, it isn't an official 1999 guernsey. Has got the new AFL logo on it, not the logo that existed between 1990-99. That's if it's the same one, which looks like the case.

If this is the same jumper The Doctor has been trying to sell for a while now, it isn't an official 1999 guernsey. Has got the new AFL logo on it, not the logo that existed between 1990-99. That's if it's the same one, which looks like the case.

'Doctor Con' ??

Ah, good pick-up, Nick.

Of course, the Doctor could put an end to such speculation by simply posting a picture of the jumper to this thread.

I have got an official 1999 NMFC Signed Premiership Jumper of all of the players. It was sold by Superstars & Legends. I turned 21 in 1999, and it was bought for me as a birthday present. It cost $1800 back then. It also has 2 premiership photos under the jumper. I had it valued for insurance reasons a couple of years later and it was estimated at $2500. I would say over $3000 now. I can post a pic if you like to see if the one on here being sold is similar to my one......

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have got an official 1999 NMFC Signed Premiership Jumper of all of the players. It was sold by Superstars & Legends. I turned 21 in 1999, and it was bought for me as a birthday present. It cost $1800 back then. It also has 2 premiership photos under the jumper. I had it valued for insurance reasons a couple of years later and it was estimated at $2500. I would say over $3000 now. I can post a pic if you like to see if the one on here being sold is similar to my one......

I wouldn't take much notice of the insurance figure.

If your footy memorabilia increased in value by 40% every decade then I suggest you use it as your retirement fund.

The truth is that the overwhelming majority of memorabilia has very little increase in value over the short to medium term.

Here is a pic of mine. Not a good pic, but you get the idea....

mIXpHOTOS001.jpg

Hope this works

I wouldn't take much notice of the insurance figure.

If your footy memorabilia increased in value by 40% every decade then I suggest you use it as your retirement fund.

The truth is that the overwhelming majority of memorabilia has very little increase in value over the short to medium term.

For insurance purposes, you can't put a vlaue on ANY memorabilia. It only comes down to what a person is willing to pay for it. HOWEVER, for insurance purposes, they do put a figure on it, as there has to be a figure for you to claim if it was stolen. Thats all. I couldn't care if they told me it was worth $5. To me, it is history and sentimental and will never be sold. I will hand it on through to my future children...

I dont know what some members here are talking about because ive only been trying to sell this jumper for 2 weeks. The jumper was bought at auction 10 years ago. If someone wants me to email them a picture im more than happy but i dont know how to put pics up on here. This is definely no con and i have done nothing to make people presume it was so i dont know where this has come from.

I have no idea what your talking about mate. I bought it after North one the grand final so it was either late '99 or early '00 at an auction. I cant remember advertising it before but may have done a while back my memory is bad. Can i ask where you saw a picture of it mate

I swear I can see Ryan Pagan's autograph on that jumper, and I know he didn't play in the premiership...

I swear I can see Ryan Pagan's autograph on that jumper, and I know he didn't play in the premiership...

Yep, and I notice he's signed his first name as "Denis", too.

Definitely a fake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back