Anyone 'rooting' for Rhyce in the GF?

Remove this Banner Ad

FloreatPica17

Senior List
Oct 18, 2008
Baranduda
AFL Club
Collingwood
Cheering I mean. Anyone who remembers Rhyce Shaw's 2003 GF performance will know how much it will mean to him.

I always liked Rhyce, but he just struggled in a b&W jumper for some reason.

Cheering I mean. Anyone who remembers Rhyce Shaw's 2003 GF performance will know how much it will mean to him.

I always liked Rhyce, but he just struggled in a b&W jumper for some reason.
I didn't know he was 31 later this year! :eek: The guy could play for a few more years at least and I'll definitely be behind him on Saturday. Would love nothing more if he were to gain that Premiership medallion after the disasters of the 2003 GF.

I'm also keen to see how he plays with that hanging on his shoulders. Alot of pressure for a man, especially in a GF. Should be great viewing.

Go Rhycer!!

Always a favourite of Swooop junior's and mine aswell.

Should be a really close one, both teams seem up for it, no major injuries and neither will give an inch.

Go Swannies!!

I'll be rooting for the Bloods this week but this runs deeper than Rhyce playing for them.

With regard to the surviving clubs the Swans come the closest to our history as any. We were the scum of Melbourne because of our industry and our low lying position (literally) within the city at the time. Likewise South Melbourne with their tanneries shared a similar stigma of disdain amongst the other formation clubs and the city as a whole. From a historical perspective I feel a kindred with the Bloods I don't share with other clubs.

The Bloods also appeal to me in terms of their recent acheivements. I respect the culture that they have developed. I also have enormous respect for their trading strategies, their unrivalled ability to develop wayward players and ability to stick fast!

Rooting for the total Swans outfit to beat those arrogant Hawks. If Rhyce is a part of that, then good on him.

I hope he gets his medal this saturday.Loved him at collingwood,the back of my jumper still has his number,i never changed it.And i'd like to see reidys bro win too and i like adam goodes coz he was a collingwood supporter growing up,and he is a gun player.I was watching marngrook tonight,lewis jetta seems like a nice guy and i hope they win for his parents,they are so proud of him.Would be nice to see the swans win. :thumbsu:

Nah, not me, but I do wish him well and hope he doesn't stuff up like he did in the 03 GF, because let's face it, he wasn't the only one that day yet he copped most of the criticism from the press, and Pies fans.

As for which team wins, I favour neither, I don't have any ill feeling towards either team, but I also don't care about either of them at all. Just hope it's a fair game where either the umpires or AA's sub rule don't * it up.

I'm wishing him the best of luck. I've always liked Sydney because one of the first ever matches I watched was the 2005 Grand Final. Watching them win after 70 odd years sent shivers up my spine. Don't get me wrong, I bleed black and white, but since I'm from Sydney, I have always liked them. I'll always go for Sydney if they aren't versing Collingwood. I also hate Hawthorn with a passion so I'm hoping the Swans can smash them this weekend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope the Swans win for him and his family. And to see Hawthorn lose.

Think he was unfairly treated with the 2003 GF, he fumbled the ball.... many players have done that.
He is still the player we got rid off.... average kick that misses the mark too often... Heath is slightly better.

I love the Swans, there is something about the club and the way they play that makes me admire them and I go for them most games they play apart from us or if it benefits us if they lose.

Obviously I don't love them anywhere near Collingwood, I bleed black and white but watching Sydney win is good and I enjoy it and now Ryce plays for them it gives me a bigger reason to want them to win. I hate the Hawks with a burning passion that words cant describe. Great culture and great club.

Although it still hurts me that they beat us, Go Swans on Sat!

This year I'm suffering AFL Grand Final autism. I couldn't care less who wins and by how much.

I didn't really have a soft spot for Rhyce when he played for us. His disposal was too frustrating. If it was Heath I guess it would be a different story.

Lovely post from Quicky.

This year I'm suffering AFL Grand Final autism.

odd description :confused:

i feel no connection with rhyce shaw. yes he played for us for a number of years. yes he is from a family with historic links to collingwood. but for whatever reason he has played his best footy for sydney. best of luck to him but it doesnt dictate any preferences tomorrow.

i started a thread on bay 13 on who to barrack for. yes its bay 13 and all the BS associated, but i was serious.
i dont have any particular hatred of either team (i wont hate a team that is too good for us), i admire both sides and their game styles. if i had to nominate a team i want to see win it is hawthorn, and simply because of their players i admire (mitchell, lewis, hodge, franklin). we all know who franklin is and what he can do. mitchell & lewis are by far the most underrated mid combination in the league. their abilities under pressure are flawless, with disposal & decision making (watch the 2011 prelim for an example).

hodge - IMO is a footballer as they should be. i remember back in about 06 and comparisons of that 01 superdraft said ball & judd were streets ahead, and the hawks had stuffed up their draft pick. i disagreed, and suggested he'd win them a premiership. the norm smith in 08 vindicated my belief. when injury free he is probably the most durable, most valuable player around. in no means spectacular, but does the right thing everytime.

above all, i want to enjoy the game.

odd description :confused:

above all, i want to enjoy the game.

Wanted to highlight that I'm not relating to the grand final this year as I did in the last 2, and that I'm detached from the result.

No intention on my part to confuse (or offend) anyone, so apologies if I did.

I hope he wins the Norm Smith in a losing team. I wish him well but have had enough of swans supporters this week and am praying they lead for the whole game, with the hawks kicking a goal on the siren to win by 1.

Not Rhyce so much as an individual, but as a collective, im on board the Swans bandwagon.

I'd be happy for the guy, but as a whole, i'd prefer to see the Swans win.

Im actually more inclined to be 'rooting' for Kennedy if i had to focus on one guy. Would be awesome to see him become a Norm Smith medalist in a GF win over his former side who dumped him. That would make me happy.

I hope they get it done, more so because i loathe Hawthorn, but i do respect Sydney.

Poor old rhyce,i remember the 2003 grand final whereby in the wet he was made a fool of by Alistair lynch that's history now and much of the same weather expected tommorow.

I do expect Rhuce to play well tommorow and its his chance to shine.Yep i will barracking for the Swans and Rhyce.
Once banished from collingwood he has settled in well with the swans and for his sake i hope he gets a premiership mediallion around his neck.Good luck rhyce but you better be on your gurad tommorow matey,but good luck play you heart out and help take the swanies to a flag.

The man of the match tommorow................................................ok i am barracking for the swans will be either KEIRAN JACK OR KENNEDY

Remove this Banner Ad

Back