Apologies for shooting Bambi

Remove this Banner Ad

Will he live?

So death threats are okay as long as you dont intend to follow through on them?

I get people like banter, but there is fun and there is stupid. And no, this isn't just because I barrack for RFC (I've spoken out repeatably against some of the disgusting chants our grog squad used to do, and their attitude to other supporters).

Going to the footy is supposed to be fun FFS

So death threats are okay as long as you dont intend to follow through on them?

I get people like banter, but there is fun and there is stupid. And no, this isn't just because I barrack for RFC (I've spoken out repeatably against some of the disgusting chants our grog squad used to do, and their attitude to other supporters).

Going to the footy is supposed to be fun FFS

I was just mucking around guys, me and tugga are tight as.

What, I don't even know who you are?

:D

Russell+Crowe+Tugger+Tugger+shot+himself+Announcer+_c959f9869e4e1512667355c78f3e1458.jpg

call me old school but i wish there was more of what vickery did in all games.
lets be honest here coxy got his nose out of joint because vickery tackled him. he then runs back to the ruck contest and throws an elbow to the solar plexus, which clearly caused vickery some pain and he doesnt expect to cop something back. thats society today.
i ask why did the ump not award vickery a free kick you could hear him warning cox before he threw the elbow.

far too many little cheap shots in the game today and one way of stopping it is players giving it back with a bit of interest.

i have little doubt the incident would not have happened at all if cox had not thrown the elbow to start with.

call me old school but i wish there was more of what vickery did in all games.
lets be honest here coxy got his nose out of joint because vickery tackled him. he then runs back to the ruck contest and throws an elbow to the solar plexus, which clearly caused vickery some pain and he doesnt expect to cop something back. thats society today.
i ask why did the ump not award vickery a free kick you could hear him warning cox before he threw the elbow.

far too many little cheap shots in the game today and one way of stopping it is players giving it back with a bit of interest.

i have little doubt the incident would not have happened at all if cox had not thrown the elbow to start with.

And if Brent Staker didn't get all up in Barry Hall's personal space he wouldn't have been punched and knocked out.

Incidents like the elbowing occur very often in games, and are penalised at most with a free kick or 50m penalty, and no matter what it certainly does not deserve getting a fist to the jaw. The MRP didn't even issue Cox with a reprimand for it.

he then runs back to the ruck contest and throws an elbow to the solar plexus, which clearly caused vickery some pain and he doesnt expect to cop something back.

Caused so much pain that he appeared completely fine when we noticed he didn't get a free.

Caused so much pain that he appeared completely fine when we noticed he didn't get a free.

Learnt it off watching Shuey for almost a half of football.

I'm one hundred per cent sure that I have seen Richmond fans treat their own players worse than how the Eagles supporters treated Vickery. Who could forget Richmond fans screaming, spitting and hissing at their players at the end of so many seasons as they walked down the tunnel.

Of course, the Victorian media cheerleaders treat everything in the West as new, terrible and crime against humanity. Their consistent and deliberate hypocrisy is nothing new.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe.

(yes, it's also weak as piss when players from my own team milk and dive. I hate it actually)

Yep. Shuey has been disappointing. Was hoping that he would drop to our second draft pick that year but it wasn't to be - we squandered that one on Post.

I really thought Shuey would be a top liner. Looks like lower picks Redden, Wright, Hanneberry, D Beams, Zaha, Shiels, Motlop and Sloane have overtaken him. Some handy players there.

I don't.
It's s**t that they can get so close but I have no issues with spectators yelling at a player who knocked out one of your own.

No bottles thrown, no spitting and just yelling.

Not this week at least. West Coast fans have thrown things at Fremantle players in the past though. And booed medical staff this year when they were stretching an opposition player off the ground.

They are the worst supporters in the league bar none. The commentary team are well aware of it, it has been discussed in the media a fair bit.

Incidents like the elbowing occur very often in games, and are penalised at most with a free kick or 50m penalty, and no matter what it certainly does not deserve getting a fist to the jaw. The MRP didn't even issue Cox with a reprimand for it.

Ballantyne has got weeks for doing exactly what Cox did no less than twice already this year.

Here's a fact some of you seem to have forgotten - Dean Cox was intentionally king hit from behind with a fist to the jaw which knocked him unconscious!
Instead of condemning that cowardly act some of you want to tear down a supporter who yelled abuse and pointed his finger at the coward!
Interesting standards.

Here's a fact some of you seem to have forgotten - Dean Cox was intentionally king hit from behind with a fist to the jaw which knocked him unconscious!
Instead of condemning that cowardly act some of you want to tear down a supporter who yelled abuse and pointed his finger at the coward!
Interesting standards.

Wait, are you serious?

you seriously think this discussion hasnt touched on the issue of the punch?

As for supporter, is this the same one who said he would have hit Vickery himself if not for the barrier (the small white fence) stopping him from reaching him?

Supporters can say whatever the **** they want to the players. In the end they pay their salary. If the player can't handle it don't play.

Those days died in the 80's, and its a good thing

All clubs had them, but when you are at the footy with with kids and missus, you don't want to hear some bogan next to you screaming bigoted dribble or threatening abuse.

Some fans thinks its banter, but there is a line.

Scream your disapproval, passion, whatever, but there is a line

Remove this Banner Ad

Back