Ashes 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not that confident about our batting. Warner lately appears to be playing mind-games with himself and he's someone the Aussies really need to fire.
Warner still is questionable on slower decks, simply becaue he likes to force the pace. Add in some movement and he has to be in top form, or curtail his game considerably. He has done it before, but its a big question mark.

Likewise, England are right to question Smith against the early moving ball. Great touch, but swing and seam will be his biggest test yet.

With one of Watson or M Marsh certain to play it makes for a shaky top six if those two don't stand up in the conditions. I wouldn't be surprised if Australia get bundled out very cheaply a couple of times this series. But they should also get some high scores. If the low scores are in washouts or in matches where the other innings is 500+, no concerns. Australian bowlers have also traditionally not got the best from the Duke.

Australia rightly start favourites, but if the low scores come at the wrong times England can win this.

Wow, that's good! What is the capacity of the ground? (I can't imagine a tour match being sold out here)

Smaller capacity grounds (the WACA would be bigger than most of the county grounds) and these smaller counties never host internationals

Bayliss dropping big hints that cardiff will be a dry turner in his interview. Saying they wanted the option of two spinners in the squad.

Warner still is questionable on slower decks, simply becaue he likes to force the pace. Add in some movement and he has to be in top form, or curtail his game considerably. He has done it before, but its a big question mark.

Likewise, England are right to question Smith against the early moving ball. Great touch, but swing and seam will be his biggest test yet.

With one of Watson or M Marsh certain to play it makes for a shaky top six if those two don't stand up in the conditions. I wouldn't be surprised if Australia get bundled out very cheaply a couple of times this series. But they should also get some high scores. If the low scores are in washouts or in matches where the other innings is 500+, no concerns. Australian bowlers have also traditionally not got the best from the Duke.

Australia rightly start favourites, but if the low scores come at the wrong times England can win this.

I think our top 6 is fine if Voges plays. If Shaun Marsh plays instead of him though I think it's a very shaky lineup, particularly with Watson likely to be playing.

If I had my way he'd be in the retirement lounge now and Nevil would have already had the test series in the West Indies. He can't be any worse!

Annoying isn't it? We play a lineup of Rogers, Warner, Smith, Clarke, Vogues, M Marsh and Neville with our bowling and there is just no way in the world we lose this Ashes series. On the flip side with Haddin, S Watson and S Marsh (yes I know he is in ok form) in you just can't be confident.

Last edited:
Bayliss dropping big hints that cardiff will be a dry turner in his interview. Saying they wanted the option of two spinners in the squad.

Its laughable how much influence they have to doctor the wickets the way they want it

Is annoying isn't it? We play a lineup of Rogers, Warner, Smith, Clarke, Vogues, Marsh and Neville with our bowling and there is just no way in the world we lose this Ashes series. On the flip side with Haddin, S Watson and S Marsh (yes I know he is in ok form) in you just can't be confident.

Pretty much. I would have less of an issue if Haddin and Watson were in form but jeez.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

water shortage:rolleyes:

I think you have asked enough awkward questions for today..

closesdoor_zpsqkcgo5h2.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back