Association Football Picture/GIF/Video Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

17674393_143963_242813.jpeg

Imagine if any one club had both of them plus Messi.... (wets himself)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Hahah front three of Aguero Messi Suarez. Would teams bother turning up to play them. It's best we keep the three apart. Or having said that, Aguero and Messi are more than welcome to come and join Liverpool.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hahah front three of Aguero Messi Suarez. Would teams bother turning up to play them. It's best we keep the three apart. Or having said that, Aguero and Messi are more than welcome to come and join Liverpool.

I reckon we should offer Barca £250'000 and Toure for Messi :p

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

ESPN 30 for 30: Hillsborough
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLRLtk5fOBZRou0T3-SBaYPNFHPsjWLpvJ&feature=mh_lolz
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLRLtk5fOBZRou0T3-SBaYPNFHPsjWLpvJ&feature=mh_lolz

Fantastic doco that aired last night, but there's some very confronting images in there. Extremely difficult to watch the scene where the families who came in to identify the bodies of their loved ones at the Hillsborough Stadium gymnasium had to look at a pinboard with 90 odd dead faces on it and try to find their family member/partner etc. I can't understand why the police wouldn't have divided those photos up into age/gender/race so they didn't have look at every single photo? Just one of many truly horrific events that occurred that day.

I think what makes Hillsborough so tragic though, is the fact that there were sections of the police force, the media and the government who decided in the days after the disaster that it would be appropriate to kick the families and friends of the dead while they were down. People often ask why people from the city of Liverpool (be it Liverpool or Everton supporters) are still so desperate for justice to be done? That's why. As humans we can accept mistakes being made because no-one is perfect, and I'm sure that would have been the case here. Had the South Yorkshire Police, News Corp and members of Thatcher's government put their hands up and said "yes, we made a mistake here, we were under pressure, we're sorry"; I'm sure the people of Liverpool would have accepted it and ceased pursuing this cause long ago. However, what they were not going to accept were the complete fabrications being made up by those institutions to pass the blame onto the dead for the sake of keeping their own noses clean. That is why the families are still seeking retribution, and that is why the families still want to see the people at fault see jail time for what happened.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back