Association Football Picture/GIF/Video Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

whoscored-manchester-unitedsky_3219540.jpg

You need to look at the Who Scored rating.
Lol no.

If we have more points now then the same point last season it means we are doing better.

The alarming thing is you are only 1 point better off than a David Moyes managed team. Plus you have played nobody of significance!

Everton is hardly insignificant.

We've had more injuries this season at the same point and again it's a whole new game plan. I agree we should be on more points but I only expected maybe 3 or 4 more at this point.

Three draws have hurt us but we are in a good position. Two massive games coming up which could very well define our season.

Lol no.

If we have more points now then the same point last season it means we are doing better.
Not necessarily. Have you played the same teams as last season? I wonder what the corresponding fixtures look like.

It's been well documented that you've had a really easy start to the season and yet you're only 1 point better off.

Not necessarily. Have you played the same teams as last season? I wonder what the corresponding fixtures look like.

It's been well documented that you've had a really easy start to the season and yet you're only 1 point better off.

Yep, better off.

This year:
Swansea L
Sunderland D
Burnley D
QPR W
Leicester L
West Ham W
Everton W
WBA W

Last year:
Swansea W
Chelsea D
Liverpool L
Palace W
City W
WBA L
Sunderland W
Southampton D

So last year by this point they'd played three sides who would go on to finish top 4, and a Southampton side who were in their very strong period.

This year they've really played no one who was playing particularly well at the time except arguably West Ham and Swansea.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, better off.

You do understand that playing easier fixtures first up doesn't mean you're better off relatively speaking? Last year you won your 9th game against Stoke, you'll likely lose yours against Chelsea. Then you'll be worse off again.

You do understand that playing easier fixtures first up doesn't mean you're better off relatively speaking? Last year you won your 9th game against Stoke, you'll likely lose yours against Chelsea. Then you'll be worse off again.

More fun my way, the vultures come out in droves. I find pleasure in it.

United's next two are Chelsea, City isnt it. Sheesh.

I would have preferred to play one of those earlier, back to back just means we'll see exactly where we are.

However if our two CBs don't learn how to defend both will put 5 goals past us.

You understand the point though?

You're actually not better off.

Depends how you look at it.

No doubting we should be on more points.

Depends how you look at it.

No doubting we should be on more points.
I'm looking at the corresponding fixtures of last season.

You really can't just compare this point of the season with the same point as last season. You haven't played the same teams.

I don't think it's all doom and gloom btw, just you aren't where you should be.

You really can't just compare this point of the season with the same point as last season. You haven't played the same teams.

It's not doom and gloom at all, not even in the slightest. We are six games into a 38 game season, we've finally got our injury list to 2 or 3 players.
If we had two competent CBs we would be sitting in the top four.

Sadly neither are we. United and Hull have apparently had by far the easiest starts to the season.

It's not doom and gloom at all, not even in the slightest. We are six games into a 38 game season, we've finally got our injury list to 2 or 3 players.

Do you mean 8 games? Also I think the real test is yet to come for United, which is why I'm looking forward to seeing how they perform this weekend against Chelsea this weekend. Should be a good yardstick to see where you're at.

*Eight. So we're almost a quarter of the way through.

Do you mean 8 games? Also I think the real test is yet to come for United, which is why I'm looking forward to seeing how they perform this weekend against Chelsea this weekend. Should be a good yardstick to see where you're at.

8 games!!!!

We're ****ed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back