Association Football Picture/GIF/Video Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

YJdO0jC.jpg

Pretty impressive isn't it? I wonder why "I'm the best coach in the PL" Carver isn't up there with a few of his contemporaries? :D

Would be interesting to see one for SAF.

how good is the bobby robson / Jose video. They have a tremendous vibe.

Love the Spanglish. What a bloke. The proper special one bobby

Luis just won the treble like a day ago

Just pure awesome. Love Mourinho's hair haha - who knew he'd go on to become the manager he is today!

Not sure but I think Latro meant of all those that Sir Bobby helped mentor, only Pep and Mou have then passed on their knowledge to others (though there's plenty of time for the others).

Certainly AVB, Blanc and Enrique are all fairly accomplished managers.

Only because Bournemouth are going by AFC Bournemouth. What's even weirder is that even the official PL table puts Bournemouth 3rd, where it should be (after Arsenal and Aston Villa). To make the inconsistency even more fun, they still call Tottenham 'Spurs,' and on the official table, they still come after Swansea. Can't have both ways PL.

But I agree, the changing of the clubs is a big day. It's out with the old, in with the new. It's all official! (I believe the AGM is held on the same day, so the new clubs are officially PL clubs).

First time in forever that Arsenal didn't start top haha.

Only because Bournemouth are going by AFC Bournemouth. What's even weirder is that even the official PL table puts Bournemouth 3rd, where it should be (after Arsenal and Aston Villa). To make the inconsistency even more fun, they still call Tottenham 'Spurs,' and on the official table, they still come after Swansea. Can't have both ways PL.

But I agree, the changing of the clubs is a big day. It's out with the old, in with the new. It's all official! (I believe the AGM is held on the same day, so the new clubs are officially PL clubs).

I don't think there has been a team starting alphabetically before Arsenal in the First Division/Premier League since 1919? unless I am missing a really obvious team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think there has been a team starting alphabetically before Arsenal in the First Division/Premier League since 1919? unless I am missing a really obvious team.

Was the whole reason Arsenal renamed themselves from 'The Arsenal' which is a pretty crazy reason haha.

You are correct. The only time there has been a team in the first division that had a name earlier in the alphabet was Accrington, and that was when you still had Woolwich in front of your name.

Barring the AFC clubs, unless Accrington get 3 promotions, Arsenal will still be the first alphabetically. There are only six clubs in the top 8 tiers that have their names come before Arsenal (and don't have AFC in front of them).

You are correct. The only time there has been a team in the first division that had a name earlier in the alphabet was Accrington, and that was when you still had Woolwich in front of your name.

Barring the AFC clubs, unless Accrington get 3 promotions, Arsenal will still be the first alphabetically. There are only six clubs in the top 8 tiers that have their names come before Arsenal (and don't have AFC in front of them).

Off the top of my head (mostly FM knowledge) other than Accrington, I can think of:

Alfreton Town
Aldershot
moomba's non league heroes Alty (Altrincham)

Thats what happens in the yellow pages company listings..
Companies call themselves Aardvark to get at the top of the list.

Aardvark plumbing services !!

Thought this was brilliant - for anyone who doesn't get it, John Carver called Ryan Taylor up to tell him he was being released by the club. He then allegedly asked Ryan if Jonas was there (they were together doing a coaching course) and told him to pass the phone to him to tell him the same news.

11168024_871018336303203_9181638391390739092_n.jpg

11401318_871018299636540_4417989049914080869_n.jpg

Off the top of my head (mostly FM knowledge) other than Accrington, I can think of:

Alfreton Town
Aldershot

Alfreton Town
Aldershot

Arlesey Town in the Southern Division One Central (Got relegated from the Southern Premier).

The other one was a mistake. Aquaforce is actually Shaw Lane Aquaforce. Now playing in the Northern Division One South.

No... the homeless youth team is not known as the Aqua Teen Hunger Force. Although they did originally start off as a U11 team, and they were also known as Aquaforce Barnsley before the merger.

Arlesey Town in the Southern Division One Central (Got relegated from the Southern Premier).

The other one was a mistake. Aquaforce is actually Shaw Lane Aquaforce. Now playing in the Northern Division One South.

No... the homeless youth team is not known as the Aqua Teen Hunger Force. Although they did originally start off as a U11 team, and they were also known as Aquaforce Barnsley before the merger.

Aquaforce? - that's such a cool name! :D

If they started off as a u11 team, I wonder if they let the kids come up with the name haha?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back