Atlanta Hawks thread - Your Eastern Conference leaders

Remove this Banner Ad

I've always liked the Hawks but I pray to god they don't win this series.

Thats ridiculous, clearly you are not actually a Hawks fan. I want the Hawks to win not only because they are my team but it would be just about the biggest upset in NBA history, and KG would have a very large 'can't get passed the first round' stamp on his forehead.

Imagine putting money on Boston to win in 7 before the series, crazy odds. GO HAWKS!

Thats ridiculous, clearly you are not actually a Hawks fan. I want the Hawks to win not only because they are my team but it would be just about the biggest upset in NBA history, and KG would have a very large 'can't get passed the first round' stamp on his forehead.

Imagine putting money on Boston to win in 7 before the series, crazy odds. GO HAWKS!

Didnt Garnett take the Wolves to the WCF a few years ago now?

Dude I never said I am a Hawks fan, just that I've always kinda liked em that's all!!

I don't really have a team in the NBA anyways...I'm more of a 'NBA as a whole supporter' if that makes sense but if I was forced to pick one it would probably be Philly.

Don't get me wrong it would be absolutely MASSIVE if the Hawks got up and won it but for the good of this year's playoffs I just hope it doesn't happen.

This time last year though I was heavily barracking for the Warriors to knock out Dallas and absolutely stoked when it happened...the look on Cuban's face was priceless :D:thumbsu:

Oh and I'd really like to see KG get a ring too. One of my all time favourites...

Dude I never said I am a Hawks fan, just that I've always kinda liked em that's all!!

Sorry my bad, your 'other teams' says the Falcons and i only read the "Atlanta" part :eek:

Oh my, stayed up all night working and accidentally clicked on my ESPN scoreboard bookmark at 4:45am to find the Hawks down 70-36 near the end of the third quarter. I can find a positive I will cancel my plans of getting up at 10 to catch the start of the game.

Apparently the Celtics decided to stamp some authority in the playoffs :(

Oh my, stayed up all night working and accidentally clicked on my ESPN scoreboard bookmark at 4:45am to find the Hawks down 70-36 near the end of the third quarter. I can find a positive I will cancel my plans of getting up at 10 to catch the start of the game.

Apparently the Celtics decided to stamp some authority in the playoffs :(

They stamped their authority every time they played at home.

4-3 loss is a still a great result for Atlanta going forward.

yeah great effort from the young hawks to take boston to 7 games. boston unbeatable at hoe, but away a bit shaky. lost respect for garnett after his throat slashing gesture.

Decided to crank this thread back up going into the 08/09 season.

Last year we were the 3rd youngest team in the NBA, and the youngest team in the playoffs.

We have a solid pre-season.

Cant wait for the opener against Orlando, as we knocked them out of the playoffs last year.

What are peoples thoughts and predictions about the Hawks in 08/09?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good bump matey! Can't wait for the Hawks season to start, looking forward to see what our starting 5 will be like aginst Orlando given Marvin is out with suspension. Not sure going big suits us given Zaza just isn't that good.

I am very hopefull we will improve on last year and get the 6th-7th spot but most experts having us taking a backward step and finishing 12th-13th.

Got my Joe Johnson jersey this week just in time for the start of the new season!

Decided to crank this thread back up going into the 08/09 season.

Last year we were the 3rd youngest team in the NBA, and the youngest team in the playoffs.

We have a solid pre-season.

Cant wait for the opener against Orlando, as we knocked them out of the playoffs last year.

What are peoples thoughts and predictions about the Hawks in 08/09?

If you're going to talk up your team at least do with facts. You didnt even win a series in the playoffs last year, let alone knock Orlando out. ;)

My prediction is 7th or 8th with 42-45 wins for the Hawks.

If you're going to talk up your team at least do with facts. You didnt even win a series in the playoffs last year, let alone knock Orlando out. ;)

My prediction is 7th or 8th with 42-45 wins for the Hawks.

Oops, that was meant to say something completely different :eek:

Freudian slip.

Good bump matey! Can't wait for the Hawks season to start, looking forward to see what our starting 5 will be like aginst Orlando given Marvin is out with suspension. Not sure going big suits us given Zaza just isn't that good.

I am very hopefull we will improve on last year and get the 6th-7th spot but most experts having us taking a backward step and finishing 12th-13th.

Got my Joe Johnson jersey this week just in time for the start of the new season!

I think Bibby giving us a full season will put us in good stead, and if JJ and J-Smoove can continue or even better their form of last year, we are going to be in playoff contention.

Loss of Childress hurts, and as you mentioned Williams. I noticed last year that it was always the opposition big man that tore us apart, perhaps a reason why we are going in big.

Looking forward to a good season from Acie Law, and for Al Horford to answer his critics.

Does Al Horford have any critics? I don't expect too much from Acie but if he can show some/any confindence he has improved on last season.

Williams is only out for the 1 game so that wont matter but will be interesting to see how we start against the Magic.

Does Al Horford have any critics? I don't expect too much from Acie but if he can show some/any confindence he has improved on last season.

Williams is only out for the 1 game so that wont matter but will be interesting to see how we start against the Magic.

Sorry mate, I meant Williams (jesus, im struggling today).

Some of the things ive read suggest he isnt living up to his no.2 status, and considering we took him ahead of Deron Williams and Chris Paul this is probably true.

I think Acie can be a solid contributor this year. Agreed though, needs to show some confidence.

33-37 wins this year.

Miami, Chicago, NY and Philly all clearly improved, and the East is generally pretty deep right now.

If they had any other coach, I'd put them higher. It's a big call, but Woodson might be the worst coach I've seen in any sport, at any level.

Marvin will never be as good as Paul or Deron but he does have a leathal mid range jumper. Is a solid starting 5 player just not the star Knight thought he would be, although Billy Knight didn't get much right (Big Al excluded).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back