Grand Slam Australia Open - Day 14 - Tsitsipas v Djokovic

Tsitsipas v Djokovic

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Tsispas would be favourite in that case very good clay courter, you have Ruud too. Not sure Alcatraz is as good outside the US courts yet he’ll get there but he’s so young

It is interesting.

I checked the betting odds for it and Alcaraz is favourite, followed shortly by Djokovic and then Nadal. All 3 are very good clay courters.

Tsitsipas wouldn’t surprise me either but i’d still give the advantage to Alcaraz if fit.

It is interesting.

I checked the betting odds for it and Alcaraz is favourite, followed shortly by Djokovic and then Nadal. All 3 are very good clay counters.

Tsitsipas wouldn’t surprise me either but i’d still give the advantage to Alcaraz if fit. The

I’d be all over Tsispas if Nadal/Novak don’t win. Alcaraz is way under the odds. He’s a talent but his game suits the US hard courts so much more

The fact Novak didnt play once during the day is another stuff up by the schedulers.

No player should be all night.

You can’t blame them who else was on that side of the draw and bear in mind Kyrigos pulled out. Ruud lol, come off it. They couldn’t win

You can’t blame them who else was on that side of the draw and bear in mind Kyrigos pulled out. Ruud lol, come off it. They couldn’t win
Doesnt matter. Even Federer was forced to play one round in the day.

Should be something they try and prevent from happening. I also think every player should play one match away from RLA, but i can't see that happening ever.

This all comes down to the day 4 schedule, where possibly the best match of the tournament was watched by no one because it started on MCA very late(it happens). That match, in hindsight, should have at least been the night of RLA.

Doesnt matter. Even Federer was forced to play one round in the day.

Should be something they try and prevent from happening. I also think every player should play one match away from RLA, but i can't see that happening ever.

This all comes down to the day 4 schedule, where possibly the best match of the tournament was watched by no one because it started on MCA very late(it happens). That match, in hindsight, should have at least been the night of RLA.

Federer didn’t in the last few years though. If Nick was there he’d have got a couple of night matches. The Ruud/Kyrigos potential 3rd rounder would have been RLA at night.

Federer didn’t in the last few years though. If Nick was there he’d have got a couple of night matches. The Ruud/Kyrigos potential 3rd rounder would have been RLA at night.

Agreed.

The best candidates to have played on RLA at night instesd of Novak were probably at stretch Berrettini v Murray in Round 1 or Kokkinakis v Murray in round 2. From round 3 onwards I can see why they did it.

Agreed.

The best candidates to have played on RLA at night instesd of Novak were probably at stretch Berrettini v Murray in Round 1 or Kokkinakis v Murray in round 2. From round 3 onwards I can see why they did it.

Yep and I can understand them wanting Murray/Berrentini to sell tickets on the other court. Without Kyrigos the names were pretty poor on that half

Weather in the first week caused some issues with scheduling.

Besides, wasn't there a match or two early in the tourney where Djokovic was relegated to 9now, because Ch9 thought Australia wanted to see unknown Aussies on the main channel and GEM?

The jingoism when it comes to international events is worse than ever in Australia. The Olympics are unwatchable, we had to endure cheerleading commentary during all socceroos world cup matches recently, and Ch 9 have taken it to a new level in tennis.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Besides, wasn't there a match or two early in the tourney where Djokovic was relegated to 9now, because Ch9 thought Australia wanted to see unknown Aussies on the main channel and GEM?

The jingoism when it comes to international events is worse than ever in Australia. The Olympics are unwatchable, we had to endure cheerleading commentary during all socceroos world cup matches recently, and Ch 9 have taken it to a new level in tennis.

Novak’s first couple of rounds were on 9Now really. It’s why I say fast forward till round 3 please there is less scrubs on and the real chances are on TV

nothing bores me more than watching a low seed bash up a couple of no-names over 3 predictable sets. If Novak played someone with some reputation or could threaten him, you might have a point. But without looking it up, could you tell me who he played in the first 2 rounds? I know he played Dimitrov, ADM, Rublev, and Paul afterwards, but all I know is he lost a set to some French dude in round 2.

Australians are interested in Australians. Nothing wrong with that. We didn't put them on RLA until they deserved it or playing someone who did. But for local audiences, people are more interested in Millman and any potential contest when a local hero doing well.

nothing bores me more than watching a low seed bash up a couple of no-names over 3 predictable sets. If Novak played someone with some reputation or could threaten him, you might have a point. But without looking it up, could you tell me who he played in the first 2 rounds? I know he played Dimitrov, ADM, Rublev, and Paul afterwards, but all I know is he lost a set to some French dude in round 2.

Australians are interested in Australians. Nothing wrong with that. We didn't put them on RLA until they deserved it or playing someone who did. But for local audiences, people are more interested in Millman and any potential contest when a local hero doing well.

He played Baena r1, know that as I had that as a very dangerous r1 opponent

9 appearances in the final says otherwise, but I think we've had this back and forth before.
We'll just have to agree to disagree.

He has only won it 3 times. For a HC slam it’s average the balls don’t help though.

Novak is closer to Graf’s no1 record too. Becomes world number 1 on Monday again
Isn't that a forgone conclusion now?
Is there any way he can be ousted in the next four weeks (assuming Alcaraz isn't playing in that time).
He has only won it 3 times. For a HC slam it’s average the balls don’t help though.
I know for the GOAT debate it's an all-or-nothing prospect, however, in general terms it does not equate that a person who plays terribly at a tournament can make the final on nine occasions. However, I'll let it lie as I know you are the constant pessimist.

Isn't that a forgone conclusion now?
Is there any way he can be ousted in the next four weeks (assuming Alcaraz isn't playing in that time).

I know for the GOAT debate it's an all-or-nothing prospect, however, in general terms it does not equate that a person who plays terribly at a tournament can make the final on nine occasions. However, I'll let it lie as I know you are the constant pessimist.

Haven’t looked at the schedules but I doubt he can lose it till Wimbledon. Alcatraz is defending a lot too. Tsispas is the one actually.

As for the US let’s just agree to disagree I’ve seen him play enough bad matches/finals to say he doesn’t play anywhere near as well there.

Friggen Couacaud round 2, I’ll never forget the name and the punchable face who fist pumped aggressively to his box after every single point. Was doing my head in.

Friggen Couacaud round 2, I’ll never forget the name and the punchable face who fist pumped aggressively to his box after every single point. Was doing my head in.

All the young blokes do this fist pumping thing I just know Sheldon will annoy me with this

*outside his biggest fans that is. wont be underestimating them again

I am glad Nine Now is a thing regardless. hopefully that can continue into the future

So you must have been bored with De Minaur and Kokkinakis' first round match ups too?

And 'some French dude' was actually better than any of Djokovic's other more illustrious opponents. The fact that he was an unknown to Novak as well meant that until Djoker could work him out, he could trouble the champ.

IMO, Folks want to see the best players in a Grand Slam, not WC Aussies (apart from Popryn as he's clearly a main draw player who had a tough year) who the average folk haven't heard of before. Broadcasters will push the jingoism to try and get some sort of emotional investment in the event. It fell extremely flat this year.

Back