Grand Slam Australia Open - Day 14 - Tsitsipas v Djokovic

Tsitsipas v Djokovic

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Novak Djokovic won a record-extending 10th Australian Open with a three-centimetre tear in his hamstring, an injury battle that was questioned and scrutinised during his charge to the title.
We saw two interesting parallels - Fognini playing with a foot fracture without making any public mention of his injury - accused of tanking when he lost.

Djokovic public acknowledging an injury - accused of faking when he won.

It's a lose-lose for the players.

Novak has a dreadful record at the US. It’s not a Slam I am expecting him to win

You make it sound like he regularly loses in the 4th round.

He's played 9 finals at the US Open. And if he didn't laser a line woman's throat, or there wasn't a ridiculous political vaccination rule, it would most likely have been 11 finals.

the bloke will be there abouts, and if he makes the final again, he's a chance to win.

You make it sound like he regularly loses in the 4th round.

He's played 9 finals at the US Open. And if he didn't laser a line woman's throat, or there wasn't a ridiculous political vaccination rule, it would most likely have been 11 finals.

the bloke will be there abouts, and if he makes the final again, he's a chance to win.

He has only won 3 and that includes the flop to Murray and a horrible final against Medvedev. I’m a Novak fan I just don’t expect him to win there especially at this age. Would need some luck in the draw

He has only won 3 and that includes the flop to Murray and a horrible final against Medvedev. I’m a Novak fan I just don’t expect him to win there especially at this age. Would need some luck in the draw

Decoturf is faster (once the ball hits the court) with higher bounce, plexicushion is medium-paced with lower bounce. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

the humidity is the big factor in NY during the US Open. Slows the speed of the ball in the air. So yes, different conditions to the AO so not 'perfect' Novak conditions, but he's making finals so still a chance.

Decoturf is faster (once the ball hits the court) with higher bounce, plexicushion is medium-paced with lower bounce. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

the humidity is the big factor in NY during the US Open. Slows the speed of the ball in the air. So yes, different conditions to the AO so not 'perfect' Novak conditions, but he's making finals so still a chance.

Each to their own I just don’t expect it unlike the AO or Wimbledon which just suit his game massively. Weirdly the way he played THIS Australian Open is how he needs to play in the US. Needs to take a few more chances and he needs to really serve well. US is faster than the AO generally but conditions, Heat, wind (this is the big one with Novak) are issues in New York

AO have been using GreenSet since 2020. So Novak goes well on that too.

that's just the supplier. the surface is still plexicushion i think.
Well if that’s the case, more around the world please!

I’m assuming everyone has seen the news about the 3cm hamstring tear Novak had/has. What I don’t understand is people still questioning it the legitimacy of the injury.

Each to their own I just don’t expect it unlike the AO or Wimbledon which just suit his game massively. Weirdly the way he played THIS Australian Open is how he needs to play in the US. Needs to take a few more chances and he needs to really serve well. US is faster than the AO generally but conditions, Heat, wind (this is the big one with Novak) are issues in New York
I’m with you. Novak at the US Open is still great, but not at the level these days of the others. I’m more confident in his ability to win the FO than USO. But like you said, if he plays as aggressively as he did here, his chances definitely increase. And hopefully he will realise that.

Well if that’s the case, more around the world please!

I’m assuming everyone has seen the news about the 3cm hamstring tear Novak had/has. What I don’t understand is people still questioning it the legitimacy of the injury.

Because if the injury was real be would not be moving at all.

Must be on some serious PED's otherwise.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back