Australia Test squad - 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Dropping Haddin will be injustice, the new keeper had a fluke start to his career. Haddin has won many games for Aussies, the legend is not treated fairly here.

Dropping Haddin will be injustice, the new keeper had a fluke start to his career. Haddin has won many games for Aussies, the legend is not treated fairly here.

Unlike your team we don't keep a rubbish keeper for longer than we have to.

The cricinfo stuff didn't make it sound good for rogers, if he still dizzy now i can't see them clearing him to play a test starting in less than a week.

My guess is rogers and nevill out for marsh and haddin.

I wonder whether they would be tempted to just leave Nevill in if this is the case, would save them sacking Haddin.

Be pretty damn weak if they did that , if they really think haddin is the superior keeper and number 7 then they should pick him and live with any criticism that might come their way but if rogers goes out they need to replace him with somebody who can open the batting simple as that.

Be pretty damn weak if they did that , if they really think haddin is the superior keeper and number 7 then they should pick him and live with any criticism that might come their way but if rogers goes out they need to replace him with somebody who can open the batting simple as that.

Oh believe me I agree, but why can I see them using this instance to NOT make a decision..

Who would open though?

They would have to dump voges move marsh to open and bat nevill at 5 or 6 to make it work, would be a mess.

Voges possibly. As I said it is a mess. It is a mess anyway. I wonder given it is a week between tests whether they call over Joe Burns? He literally is the best of the options right now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You have to assume that for the selectors it's more simple than any of these other options if an opener is out then marsh replaces them, that was the plan in the windies and the plan early in this tour when rogers was still struggling so it would be the plan next week.

You have to assume that for the selectors it's more simple than any of these other options if an opener is out then marsh replaces them, that was the plan in the windies and the plan early in this tour when rogers was still struggling so it would be the plan next week.

Maybe, I just don't rate S.Marsh as an opener, as a middle order bat sure.

The cricinfo stuff didn't make it sound good for rogers, if he still dizzy now i can't see them clearing him to play a test starting in less than a week.

My guess is rogers and nevill out for marsh and haddin.
I suspect that will be the case as well. Rogers will probably not be back until The Oval now, given the 3rd and 4th tests are back to back. Hopefully the Ashes will be won by then, and he can bow out successfully.
Marsh also looks likely to get the nod for Bangladesh assuming Rogers does pull the pin, with Bancroft not doing himself any favours with his first innings against India A.

The Women's team is going reasonably well against England in the second ODI. Lanning got a better than run a ball ton.

God, Alyssa Healy looks like her uncle. I hope she doesn't talk as much drivel.

Interesting scorecard so far. Frutrating for Voges to be in a bit of a lean patch at the worst possible time after being in such great form, but he should get the next test at least. Shaun Marsh is on track for a century and will slot right in if Rogers isn't fit but I still think he's better suited to the middle order. It might come down to S Marsh vs Voges.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back