T20I Australia v Pakistan women - 3 ODIs, 3 T20Is

Remove this Banner Ad

Phoebe Litchfield looked good, good time to burst onto the scene as well, only 19 and the women starting to get paid well as CA feel compelled to carry the womens game.

They better hope Sutherland does something soon because at the moment she doesn’t bat and bowls what 1-2 overs…you telling us Perry or whoever couldn’t roll 1-2 overs down? Can see them sticking with Lichfield if she makes a lot this series however the next few games are the key it’s only 1 game
I agree, we used eight bowlers yesterday, and while Sutherland was economical, she was the last bowler Lanning turned too, so unless Perry decides that at 32 years of age to hang up the boots, then Sutherland does look the most likely to be dropped to make way for Healy.

Also, do we really need that many bowlers? It's great to have options, but surely having so many options must cloud a captain's thinking at times.

I agree, we used eight bowlers yesterday, and while Sutherland was economical, she was the last bowler Lanning turned too, so unless Perry decides that at 32 years of age to hang up the boots, then Sutherland does look the most likely to be dropped to make way for Healy.

Also, do we really need that many bowlers? It's great to have options, but surely having so many options must cloud a captain's thinking at times.

Also Ash Gardner is hugely underbowled her bowling has come on massively and she’s bowling a handful at most. It doesn’t even need to be Perry bowling could just have Ash bowl. I actually rate Ash’s bowling more than her batting a lot of the time. Do feel 6 options is plenty.

They better hope Sutherland does something soon because at the moment she doesn’t bat and bowls what 1-2 overs…you telling us Perry or whoever couldn’t roll 1-2 overs down? Can see them sticking with Lichfield if she makes a lot this series however the next few games are the key it’s only 1 game
I don't know what you're talking about. Somebody has to fill the no.7 spot, and that player isn't going to have much of an impact in an ODI series vs Pakistan (or a T20I series dominated by bat, vs India). Even less impact if they don't bowl.

Sutherland has scored 354 runs at an average of 89 this WNCL season. She might do something if she gets a shot at opening next match, which is entirely plausible. She might also do something at the World Cup, whereas Litchfield won't get that chance due to not being in the squad.

I don't know what you're talking about. Somebody has to fill the no.7 spot, and that player isn't going to have much of an impact in an ODI series vs Pakistan (or a T20I series dominated by bat, vs India). Even less impact if they don't bowl.

Sutherland has scored 354 runs at an average of 89 this WNCL season. She might do something if she gets a shot at opening next match, which is entirely plausible. She might also do something at the World Cup, whereas Litchfield won't get that chance due to not being in the squad.

There is no reason the girls at 5/6 can't shift down and it also releases some pressure off Mooney as we have to be wary of burning more girls out. We don't need a Sutherland type at 7, never have needed that many bowling options. Personally keeping one eye to the future is so important, and if Sutherland doesn't do something there will be calls for Lichfield and they will get louder and louder. Whether you or I agree with it external noises are never a good thing and you don't want to annoy the fans when you want more people to go to the games not less. How Sutherland is in the WC squad have no idea though they seem to like her for some reason. Grace Harris is surely the option if you want an AR type anyway.

I don't think Litchfield was even considered for the T20 World cup next month, and her performances on the tour of India wouldn't have helped her either. I can understand why Sutherland was selected as she and Garth provide good options after Shutt and Brown, but it does seem overkill to play any more than two of them in the same match when Perry and McGrath are also playing.

The other problem for Sutherland, is on the Indian tour the selectors may have just stumbled upon the best 5/6 batting combo in the women's game, Ash Gardner and Grace Harris totally destroyed the Indian attack in the final few T20's and that final game where they scored 112 in 8 overs was some of the best batting I've ever seen, and they did it without throwing their wickets away playing stupid shots. If those two continue to play sensible, controlled cricket while batting at around 200 then no one is going to get near Australia and Sutherlands batting will be all but irrelevent.

There is no reason the girls at 5/6 can't shift down and it also releases some pressure off Mooney as we have to be wary of burning more girls out. We don't need a Sutherland type at 7, never have needed that many bowling options. Personally keeping one eye to the future is so important, and if Sutherland doesn't do something there will be calls for Lichfield and they will get louder and louder. Whether you or I agree with it external noises are never a good thing and you don't want to annoy the fans when you want more people to go to the games not less.
Sorry but my mind is made up and I've decided Sutherland will remain at 7, Litchfield will only play if/when a current top 6 player gets injured or retires.

Regardless, both players are equal parts of the team's future. It just so happens that one is a bit older and hence more established within the squad.

How Sutherland is in the WC squad have no idea though they seem to like her for some reason. Grace Harris is surely the option if you want an AR type anyway.
Harris will be in the starting XI and it has nothing to do with her bowling. If one of the top 7 is injured/unavailable, everybody else will move up a spot and Sutherland will slot into the no.7 spot (as seen recently in India).

Really
They will crawl their way to a rubbish score
Which Australia will chase in 20 overs

Won’t even get 200 the minnows. Honestly we should bowl our batsmen just so they get a score

England's ODI scores here last summer: 178, 129, 163. (No rain-reduced matches btw.)

But sure, let's keep heaping s**t on Pakistan.

They are crawling at 3 an over least England have Schiver to watch. Yeah they weren’t great but they have been good before. Pakistan are terrible yeah they need to improve I get it but come on least let us bat first.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have you thought about not watching and stop posting negative crap on BF about Pakistan.The more competition they get against top sides like Australia they hopefully will get better in the future.

So bowl first then you get 50 overs of bowling AND you're batting innings after that. Fail to see how getting rolled for 150 is helping anyway.

Least the races are on Saturday and the pub is next to the ground on Saturday. Beers are cheaper there.

So bowl first then you get 50 overs of bowling AND you're batting innings after that. Fail to see how getting rolled for 150 is helping anyway.

Least the races are on Saturday and the pub is next to the ground on Saturday. Beers are cheaper there.
I would recommend on Saturday you go to the pub and keep off BF if you plan to post negative stuff about the Pakistan girls who we all know are a class below this Australian team but hopefully these games will help improvement in their teams ability to play stronger countries in the future.

I would recommend on Saturday you go to the pub and keep off BF if you plan to post negative stuff about the Pakistan girls who we all know are a class below this Australian team but hopefully these games will help improvement in their teams ability to play stronger countries in the future.

Hopefully Meg actually cares about the crowd and bats first

For those who were watching the Fox broadcast in the 1st innings... Megan Schutt took 26 wickets at 21.3 from her 18 ODIs under Cathryn Fitzpatrick. 86 wickets at 23.5 in her 59 ODIs under Matthew Mott.

Not groundbreaking for a player to throw shade at a past coach and/or captain, only for the stats to tell a different story. But still, it's the personality clashes keeping Australian cricket juicy for 150 years plus.

The fact that he/she keeps repeating the same thing over and over again in every post could be a sign of Alzheimer's or some form of memory loss.

Last edited:
Today was the 10th time Australia have won by 10 wickets in a women's ODI (and the first time against Pakistan). Last time was against New Zealand in 2010. A performance worthy of its addition to the list, given some of the jaffas that went unrewarded (admittedly got lucky with the Nida Dar run out), and they were nearly flawless in the field, keeping Pakistan to 35 fewer runs than on Monday when it was much tougher batting conditions.

Seemed like an odd threshold (as opposed to, say, 50 wickets), until consulting the books, which tell us McDermott had 31 and Cummins 30 as teenagers.

D-Bag (not to be confused with Pakistan's D. Baig) is now on 34 with potentially 10 more matches to play before she turns 20, so there's a moderate chance of her joining Pezzoza (83) as a half-centurion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back