Australia vs. India (4 tests) - Pre-series discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Quality batsman who averaged 16 when he got recalled. His keeping is deadset disgusting, he's pretty much a glorified backstop.
He's taken everything that has come his way in this ODI series, and if you watch him bat regularly, he is good to watch. Nice technique and hits the ball hard with proper shots, knows when to Drop anchor and when to attack, he ain't no Maxwell.

I reckon it will be 2 - 0. Can see India grinding out draws in Sydney and Adelaide.

As long as Dhawan doesn't make a run all series I'll be happy. Easily my most hated player in the world.
Dhawan mocking an injured Shane Watson last year in the ODI was a complete dog act, would love to see him try and do something like that away from his home crowd.

He's taken everything that has come his way in this ODI series, and if you watch him bat regularly, he is good to watch. Nice technique and hits the ball hard with proper shots, knows when to Drop anchor and when to attack, he ain't no Maxwell.

Are we seriously talking up a 30 and a 19?

Mitch Marsh sent back from the ODI team to play the final Shield game. Pretty strong indication he'll hold his place in the team.
Australia's ODI squad: George Bailey (c), Nathan Coulter-Nile, Pat Cummins, Xavier Doherty, James Faulkner, Aaron Finch, Josh Hazlewood, Mitchell Marsh, Glenn Maxwell, Kane Richardson, Steve Smith, Mitchell Starc, Matthew Wade, David Warner, Shane Watson.

Who comes in to replace Clarke? Surely we need an experienced head in the middle order.
Voges?
Or maybe someone like Burns?

1.Rogers/Hughes
2.Warner
3.Watson???
4. Voges/Burns?
5. Smith
6. M. Marsh
7. Haddin/Whiteman/Hartley?
8. Johnno
9. Harris
10. Siddle
11. Lyon

Too be honest with Watson and Marsh in the side if they both were - I would be very tempted to play Faulkner over Siddle, Faulkner is still a very good bowler but would add some much needed depth to the batting order. With Faulks, Watson and Marsh playing foil to the two dominant strikers in Johnno and Harris it could work

Last edited:
Who comes in to replace Clarke? Surely we need an experienced head in the middle order.
Voges?
Or maybe someone like Burns?

1.Rogers/Hughes
2.Warner
3.Watson???
4. Voges/Burns?
5. Smith
6. M. Marsh
7. Haddin/Whiteman/Hartley?
8. Johnno
9. Harris
10. Siddle
11. Lyon

Too be honest with Watson and Marsh in the side if they both were - I would be very tempted to play Faulkner over Siddle, Faulkner is still a very good bowler but would add some much needed depth to the batting order. With Faulks, Watson and Marsh playing foil to the two dominant strikers in Johnno and Harris it could work

No Hazlewood?

I don't understand why having two fast bowling allrounders means that we should pick an inferior bowler as our third paceman.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No Hazlewood?

I don't understand why having two fast bowling allrounders means that we should pick an inferior bowler as our third paceman.
Because
Siddle isnt bowling that well anyway
Faulker adds much needed batting depth to a side that has lost their most experienced Batsmen and is overall out of form.

1. Rogers
2. Warner
3. Burns
4. Smith
5. Watson
6. M. Marsh
7. Haddin/Hartley
8. Johnson
9. Harris
10. Lyon
11. Hazelwood

I really want Hughes in the team though.

What I'd really like to see is:

1. Phillip Hughes
2. David Warner
3. Shane Watson
4. Callum Ferguson
5. Steven Smith (C)
6. Cameron White
7. Matthew Wade (+)
8. Mitchell Johnson
9. Ryan Harris
10. Nathan Lyon
11. Josh Hazlewood

What I'd really like to see is:

1. Phillip Hughes
2. David Warner
3. Shane Watson
4. Callum Ferguson
5. Steven Smith (C)
6. Cameron White
7. Matthew Wade (+)
8. Mitchell Johnson
9. Ryan Harris
10. Nathan Lyon
11. Josh Hazlewood

India's odds have shortened if that is the team! Hughes plays, India bring on a spinner 1st over. Wade as keeper, just no! Haddin will be fit!

Will probably give Doolan another go, side will probably be:
Rogers
Warner
Doolan
Watson
Smith
M. Marsh
Haddin/Wade
Johnson
Siddle
Hazlewood
Lyon

Reckon Hughes and maybe someone like S Marsh, Faulkner, Henriques or even Cam White should get a/another shot. Bowling Hazlewood, Coulter-Nile probably deserve the next go. Lyon would also need to perform or a series change to Zampa, Boyce, Ahmed or Agar could be in the works.

Last edited:
India's odds have shortened if that is the team! Hughes plays, India bring on a spinner 1st over. Wade as keeper, just no! Haddin will be fit!
Yeah, and then Warner will slaughter the spinner. Hughes isn't as bad to the spinners in Australia as he is in the subcontinent.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back