Australia vs New Zealand 3rd Test Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

There were five other batsmen who weren't rookies who were as much, or more, to blame than Martyn.

Nah , your missing the point. The other batsman might have not got the job done that day but unlike Shaun Marsh tonight or Martyn then, they had at least done things before to stay in team. Marsh on his last chance after stupidly running himself out in first innings. Martyn was younger back then but still at the time could have been last chance to make it. After that choke he was not in side for years!!!! He did well to ever make it back. If Shaun Marsh failed tonight I think that would be curtains forever. That's the point. Unlike Martyn back then it is Shaun Marsh scoring the runs to get the target down. Martyn actually tightened up and McDermott was scoring runs. The moment Martyn felt the pressure to start to score he hit it straight to a fielder. He was last recognized batsmen. It was devastating at time to see us lose in such circumstances.

It was a howler that will likely decide the result of this test.
Look, I know it was bad, but paying out like this on the first gamer for dropping that absolute sitter is pretty harsh. Sure, most under 15 would have taken it easily, but still, to put the result of the game squarely on his shoulders is just too much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reasonable suggestion but not really the way Australian selectors have treated the likes of Gilchrist or Haddin. The comeback of Khawaja will give them more options and possibly another talented younger batsmen to put another recognised bat at 6. also the jury is out on Faulkner's impact as a bowler. I dont know his current form but 2 bowling all rounders is pushing it

After this match any number 6 has to bowl. They think that way even without one of the strike bowers going down, why would they change it now?

Reasonable suggestion but not really the way Australian selectors have treated the likes of Gilchrist or Haddin. The comeback of Khawaja will give them more options and possibly another talented younger batsmen to put another recognised bat at 6. also the jury is out on Faulkner's impact as a bowler. I dont know his current form but 2 bowling all rounders is pushing it

Giving the Redbacks of all states just scored 600 against Tassie I question the form of the Tasmanian bowlers

I don't think they will go for it, but I think I would like to see it. Marsh is close to a frontline bowler at the moment, Faulkner can have a big impact though is less a frontline bowler. I think it gives us versatility.

They cant find geoff marsh so they turned to r marsh watch

"Now we cross to bacchus marsh with james marsh who is not any relation to shaun marsh, but marsh."

Remove this Banner Ad

Back