Australian ODI Squad - 2014/15

Remove this Banner Ad

it failed at two T20 WCs in a row so why not

but it is cute that on the back of a couple of games maxwell can now do as good a job as any OD spinner could

Well who is your spinner? Please don't say Doherty. He is just a less rubbish version of Maxwell, but Maxwell despeite being in awful form can bat and bowl much better.

He is suited to test cricket? So does that mean he can't be suited to ODI cricket as well?

I reckon his ODI bowling average of 23 at 4.8 an over says he is suited to one day cricket...

Hazlewood over NCN easily.
Hazlewood is very similar to Starc in ODI's. NCN provides something different, as well as being a better batsman and fielder.

What does the squad look like without Clarke?
Warner
Finch
Watson
Smith
Bailey
M Marsh
Wade
Maxwell
Johnson
Starc
Coulter-Nile

Hazlewood
Faulkner
S Marsh
Voges?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Warner
Finch
Watson
Smith
Bailey
M Marsh
Wade
Maxwell
Johnson
Starc
Coulter-Nile

Hazlewood
Faulkner
S Marsh
Voges?

I'd go with this, but an extra bowler coming in for Marsh- Cummins/Richardson/Doherty/Abbott/Dorff.

Faulkner is also on the line for me. Having a decent sized ODI series before the WC is very beneficial and will shape the squad more than the BBL.

I'd go with this, but an extra bowler coming in for Marsh- Cummins/Richardson/Doherty/Abbott/Dorff.

Faulkner is also on the line for me. Having a decent sized ODI series before the WC is very beneficial and will shape the squad more than the BBL.
Don't need the extra bowler. If you do that, swap Faulkner for Doherty/Lyon.

No not Cam Shite!
As much as that has been true for most of his career, his ListA form has been impeccable for a while now. Even his FC form has been good for a couple of years. He would almost be the first player picked for limited overs stuff, if I could be bothered putting a squad together.

And I am on record as saying the guy is the biggest spud to ever disgrace state cricket.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back