Australian Open 2015 - Day 4

Remove this Banner Ad

This is actually pretty funny to read. All throughout this open, posters have made comments about her looks and said some creepy things. She's obsessed over in these threads at times (which I just don't understand). Look at yesterday's thread, posters were making sexual jokes about her when the guy that got a pic with her yesterday posted it on here.

I'm not saying you did it or anything, it's just interesting as so many people have been just as creepy, if not more, than the guy interviewing her.

No I agree with you for sure, definitely been an abundance of comments on her looks in this thread. I probably haven't done it much since I'm a girl but I have no doubt posted a few times that she is an attractive girl.

A middle aged man interviewing a professional athlete and asking her to twirl is wrong though and very unprofessional. She no doubt felt uncomfortable and creeped out by it. It was degrading because Bouchard just won a match of tennis and they couldn't help but make a comment on her appearance. It shows that in women's tennis and women's sports in general, there is always a focus on their looks rather than their skills.

I don't like Hewitt much and this is not a surprising result but I reckon his fans have their expectations a tad too high. For the sort of player he is today it's good enough that he makes the 2nd round of his home slam.

inb4 this campaigner loses next rd

:mad:

Well, yeah, most likely he'll be playing someone in the top 10.

I'd retiree if I was Hewitt, losing to this mug proves he can't compete at grand slam level anymore. Had it for 2 sets but hasn't had much since.
Get's gfiven good endorsement dosh to turn up to the exhibition events and also can compete at the 3 set competitions quite strongly. Will continue to do this at a limited rate like last year. Plus will play grand slams unless he has a huge hit to his performance. Pretty certain he's guaranteed to go to Wimbledon US because of being a winner plus French has a deal with us on spaces so should play them all. Will see how this year goes and expect it to be the end either sometime this year or at the end of this part of the season next year.

He has had a outstanding career but surely he is finished. No matter how you view it that was a shockingly poor loss. Sure he was good in the first 2 sets but it goes to show that although he has a little left in the tank he just can't go the distance. The power limitations in his game are just getting too easily exposed the longer and longer it goes on (both within matches and his career agienst practically everybody he faces), and to rub salt in the wound this was agienst a average player at best who was the same age as Lleyton at 33.

His grinding battling ways at his age are not nearly enough for the big time tournaments anymore..

I've felt that Lleyton has been a battler at the Aus open for like 5-6 years now, he is good in bursts, but as the match goes on he gets weaker and can't compete. Been a very long career and one he can hold his head high but this has to be the end, he isn't going to improve so coming back next year will only be worse, but because he is Hewitt you can't rule it out as he is super competitive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I do love how self assured Milos is in his ability to finish off a match. He spends the last Young service game simply going for it, Young ends up holding thanks to good play on his part, Milos shrugs it off and holds to love to win the match.

Commentators are soooo out of it tonight. They just don't wanna be there, you can tell.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back