Australian Open 2015 - Day 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Mike%20Tyson%20smiling.gif

ultra tune guy

Channel 7's Ian Cohen is copping some backlash around the world after his "do a twirl" question to Genie last night.
Can't copy and paste on phone...but check out news.com.au
Creepy and sexist. How many times do these middle aged men have to ask questions regarding Eugenie's personal life and make comments about her looks?

Channel 7's Ian Cohen is copping some backlash around the world after his "do a twirl" question to Genie last night.
Can't copy and paste on phone...but check out news.com.au

That fact that this is news, and no doubt in the future will become a subject of a 'Mamma Mia' article, makes me hate the world we live in.

Creepy and sexist. How many times do these middle aged men have to ask questions regarding Eugenie's personal life and make comments about her looks?

They also stupidly ask for questions from the general public and then seem to pick the dumbest one and ask the player, I think this is where some of the dopey Genie questions come from (but I didn't see this interview I have to admit). Really, we could dispense with the the post match interview altogether, it adds nothing and the players do a presser within a few minutes anyway.

A 50 year old making someone 'twirl'. It is like the dating question last year incredibly stupid and unneeded

Guess for tomorrow's OOP:

Rod Laver
Nadal vs Sela (Day)
Tomic vs Groth (Night)

Margaret Court
Kyrgios vs Jaziri (Day)
Federer vs Seppi (Night)

Hisense
Murray vs Sousa (Day)
Dimitrov vs Baghdatis (Evening)

Federer can fill his quota of MCA this round while Nadal makes way on Sunday when it's most likely Kyrgios/Federer and Tomic/Berdych on RLA.

I wish they could just ask her normal questions about tennis, not her personal life. It's so cringe worthy.

Imagine watching on the otherwise of the world eating your breakfast and having a coffee or tea or having a wine in europe settling in to watch some tennis.

Then your eyes and ears are subjected to people in yellow yelling out incoherent chants and television "presenters" asking the most awkward questions of your favourite player on court after a win...

They also stupidly ask for questions from the general public and then seem to pick the dumbest one and ask the player, I think this is where some of the dopey Genie questions come from (but I didn't see this interview I have to admit). Really, we could dispense with the the post match interview altogether, it adds nothing and the players do a presser within a few minutes anyway.
I agree if channel are going to treat world class players like this then just abolish the on court interviews

Rod Laver
Nadal vs Sela (Day)
Tomic vs Groth (Night)

Margaret Court
Kyrgios vs Jaziri (Day)
Federer vs Seppi (Night)

Hisense
Murray vs Sousa (Day)
Dimitrov vs Baghdatis (Evening)

Federer can fill his quota of MCA this round while Nadal makes way on Sunday when it's most likely Kyrgios/Federer and Tomic/Berdych on RLA.

Dimitrov v Baghdatis would be worth the ground pass cost alone :) crowd will be insane!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is actually pretty funny to read. All throughout this open, posters have made comments about her looks and said some creepy things. She's obsessed over in these threads at times (which I just don't understand). Look at yesterday's thread, posters were making sexual jokes about her when the guy that got a pic with her yesterday posted it on here.

I'm not saying you did it or anything, it's just interesting as so many people have been just as creepy, if not more, than the guy interviewing her.

This is actually pretty funny to read. All throughout this open, posters have made comments about her looks and said some creepy things. She's obsessed over in these threads at times (which I just don't understand). Look at yesterday's thread, posters were making sexual jokes about her when the guy that got a pic with her yesterday posted it on here.

I'm not saying you did it or anything, it's just interesting as so many people have been just as creepy, if not more, than the guy interviewing her.

Well said.

Would have been a directive from Channel 7, the same with Sam Smith and her question to Genie last year.

I agree if channel are going to treat world class players like this then just abolish the on court interviews

We've gone down the gutter, McEnroe was the best at getting the players lighter side after matches.

A quick peek at the schedule has revealed that Baghdatis and Matosevic are playing doubles together...could be interesting :eek: o_O

Those chairs had better be bolted to the ground, we might see a repeat of the recent darts event at Etihad Stadium :eek:.

This Dodig v Nishikori match is
Dodig played three Grand Slams last year. All including Wimbledon. He retired in all three Grand Slam events he played in. Strange stat.

The way he is looking there might be another one soon:) Has played a ripping match but reckon he has nearly hit the wall.

completely disagree in abolishing them. The people at the match dont get to see the post match, and most casuals dont read into them later. its a great chance to get some real emotion from the players after the match and some of the best moments have come from post matches on court interviews. some interviewers just try too hard, especially in squash matches, to get entertainment from the players.

Asking stupid questions isnt just a on court interview thing. they probably get asked worst inside the press room.

VERA!!!!!!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back