Review Autopsy/Vent thread vs Richmond. Round 13, 2013.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has been damaged goods for 3 years. Has been great for fantasy footy comps but a woeful player for our team. His constant poor disposals that end up in turn overs make me want to do anything else other than watch the bullies play.

Don't watch them then. He'll be on our list for the next 2 seasons.

Still prepared to see out his contract no questions asked and my money is on us improving enough for him to get re signed
I agree, if we get any sort of improvement next year he should stay, he's building a list from scratch pretty much, and really what would sacking him achieve? It would just put us further back I don't see why people don't realise this. The only way I would want a new coach is if he was entirely happy to stay at the club as a development coach and we scored a proven head coach, this isn't very likely obviously though. I would like an experienced coach in the club as a director of coaching role though just to help him out a bit though.

But it's only his second year of coaching, he is still learning just like our team (and I think his match day coaching is being made out worse than it really is anyway) not everyone is a mastermind that can take a s**t list to finals in their first year or so. He needs time to see what he can do. Plenty of premiership coaches took time at the bottom of the ladder.

Also not to mention that I wouldn't be surprised if we had a big walk out of players if Macca was sacked seeing as he is so respected and well liked.

Sacking Macca is a backwards step anyway you look at it so just shut up and give the man a chance.

Personally i am toying with the idea of play ALL the kids against Melbourne and GWS. Drop all the seniors baring Griff, Murphy, and Gia as sub/assistant coach.

WIN/WIN for us. If we lose both...we get a KPF as reward. Or we see just where our kids are at against the Dees and Giants.

Waddaya reckon?

Just don't be surprised if we lose if we do this. I think it's the perfect chance to get the young players in.

The problem with Boyd is that he is a selfish player.

Boyd getting 37 touches is not good for the club. You need a more even contribution.

So why on earth does he run past playing calling for the ball in the back pocket when his disposal is 50/50. Needs to learn to play within his limitations.

Finish your career as a tagger were your role is to stop you opposition at all costs. Forget your own possesions. Give to the team!

Boyd getting 37 touches is not good for the club. You need a more even contribution.

So why on earth does he run past playing calling for the ball in the back pocket when his disposal is 50/50. Needs to learn to play within his limitations.

Finish your career as a tagger were your role is to stop you opposition at all costs. Forget your own possesions. Give to the team!

Just because Boyd gets a lot of the ball that doesn't make him selfish???

Lookin back at that i may have got ahead of myself. I left Minson out, he would HAVE to play. Griff and Murphy have to play. Gia doesn't have to but should. Essentially only cooney and boyd would be dropped...Goodes is a Junior/senior...

So not really an All kids line up...

I agree with some of this, but not all.

First bold...while true, he needs to understand his flaws, he cannot refuse to provide assistance or an option. I'm sure Boyd calls for it, believing he can do the right thing. Also he is captain, wouldn't it be just as hurtful to the team if the captain didn't want the ball. Sets a bad example and hurts in another way. So you you have to choose the lesser evil if he plays. Which i agree is getting harder to isolate.

Second bold is true, but the perfect tag is taking your opponent out, while NOT neglecting your own side from having you.
Making it a 17 vs 18 a side game.

Don't watch them then. He'll be on our list for the next 2 seasons.

Hey I probably wont. I am just stating facts.

Still JUST manage to buy a membership. Dont go to any games. Only watch part of the games these days. Have been a member since 1985 and i have never seen it this bad. Even under Rhode we had hope and some skills.

If he can be our captain and not hit targets from 15 meters by foot then its time I start to look at doing better things on my week ends.

And I have been doing other things of late. Unfortunately i am not alone in my views and more importantly am becoming more disenchanted with our future prospects.

This is why our support at the ground is dwindling. This is why our membership is down.

Think of me and other disenchanted supporters the next time one of his turnovers result in a opposition goal.

Think of me and other disenchanted supporters the next time one of his turnovers result in a opposition goal and take a look at the faces of his team mates...

Still JUST manage to buy a membership. Dont go to any games. Only watch part of the games these days. Have been a member since 1985 and i have never seen it this bad. Even under Rhode we had hope and some skills.

If he can be our captain and not hit targets from 15 meters by foot then its time I start to look at doing better things on my week ends.

And I have been doing other things of late. Unfortunately i am not alone in my views and more importantly am becoming more disenchanted with our future prospects.

This is why our support at the ground is dwindling. This is why our membership is down.

Think of me and other disenchanted supporters the next time one of his turnovers result in a opposition goal.

Think of me and other disenchanted supporters the next time one of his turnovers result in a opposition goal and take a look at the faces of his team mates...

All of that is your choice. For me - when the going gets tough for the team I love, I stand up and cheer harder. When the ball turns over from one of our players I scream louder and yell at them to pick up their act. When they kick a goal I get in the opponent fans face. When we lose I feel it like a jilted lover and when we win I celebrate it like we've won the world cup.

Only you can choose how you respond to times such as this - and only you are responsible for how you act when you get disenchanted.

Maybe he is trying to get the play moving instead of letting our doofus backman stand around doing nothing but dinky kicking sideways waiting for opposition to set zone making it impossible o move ball, that's not being selfish, that's doing what should be done.

All of that is your choice. For me - when the going gets tough for the team I love, I stand up and cheer harder. When the ball turns over from one of our players I scream louder and yell at them to pick up their act. When they kick a goal I get in the opponent fans face. When we lose I feel it like a jilted lover and when we win I celebrate it like we've won the world cup.

Only you can choose how you respond to times such as this - and only you are responsible for how you act when you get disenchanted.
Following on from this, I think at a time like this we need more Charlie Sutton type supporters. Charlie would be around more often when we were down, always offered encouragement and never bagged out a Bulldogs player in his life. I want to be like Charlie.

Following on from this, I think at a time like this we need more Charlie Sutton type supporters. Charlie would be around more often when we were down, always offered encouragement and never bagged out a Bulldogs player in his life. I want to be like Charlie.

We all bleed red, white and blue! And we all feel it when things aren't going well. Imagine how fantastic we'll feel when we win that premiership!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What if Boydy just went with long bombs instead of trying short passes. Maybe then we'd have more chance of a team mate getting it? o_O

One other disappointment from Saturday night - i got sick of seeing the ball knocked away so easily from our players. We must NEVER, NEVER, NEVER again draft a player under 180 cms unless he has exceptional talent or pace. Getting shorter is not he way the game is going.
Being totally serious i am not saying height should be the deciding factor (unless you are choosing between a 176 cm KP player and a 196 cm one) but if two players are line ball in selection go for the taller one.

Are You Sure?

We will still beat up on the teams around us I reckon, with the amount of space Melbourne will give us I'm pretty confident we will look really good and win by a fair bit, we struggle when the other team puts on extreme pressure (Collingwood first half, Richmond, etc) wouldn't be surprised if we smashed the * outta Melbourne (although I do nnnooottt want to lose this week!!)

What if Boydy just went with long bombs instead of trying short passes. Maybe then we'd have more chance of a team mate getting it? o_O

He'd probably manage to miss queue it on the full.

One other disappointment from Saturday night - i got sick of seeing the ball knocked away so easily from our players. We must NEVER, NEVER, NEVER again draft a player under 180 cms unless he has exceptional talent or pace. Getting shorter is not he way the game is going.
Being totally serious i am not saying height should be the deciding factor (unless you are choosing between a 176 cm KP player and a 196 cm one) but if two players are line ball in selection go for the taller one.

This is an excellent point. In Rat, Dahl, Hunter, JJ, Libba, and Clay we have 6 of our gun future mids at 180 or less (and if Pearce makes it, he's around the mark too). In 4 years those guys will likely be matched up on players around 188+ - a huge disadvantage. PLEASE no more shorties. If it isn't a problem yet, it soon will be.

My one and only chance to attend a game this year...

Some impressions:

Etihad temperature gauge 16 degrees - whaaaat??? 6 more like it.
Most of the action took place on the opposite side of the ground to where I was freezing - er, sitting.
Cheer squad went home during the last quarter - how supportive is that???
I've been televisionised for too long.

TG:

Didn't have to listen to BT.

I agree with this. The number one object of the game is to keep the ball from the other team. Watching Boyd and others kick it straight to the opposition week in, week out is soul destroying. I have hardly watched more than a half of each game wins included. I will hang in there but I have very little passion for the game at this point.

Coaches votes for the game:

9 Houli (Rich)
8 Griffen (WB)
4 Jackson (Rich)
3 Martin (Rich)
2 Conca (Rich)
2 Morris (Rich)
2 Riewoldt (Rich)

As a lot of us suggested, Griffen and then daylight as far as we were concerned.
Interesting that Morris got 2 votes for his job on Dahlhaus. Jackson got 4 votes for limiting Griffen's effectiveness by foot and kicking a goal.

Coaches votes for the game:

9 Houli (Rich)
8 Griffen (WB)
4 Jackson (Rich)
3 Martin (Rich)
2 Conca (Rich)
2 Morris (Rich)
2 Riewoldt (Rich)

As a lot of us suggested, Griffen and then daylight as far as we were concerned.
Interesting that Morris got 2 votes for his job on Dahlhaus. Jackson got 4 votes for limiting Griffen's effectiveness by foot and kicking a goal.
Thought grigg deserved votes for beating Libba. Was a good battle but he finished up with 20 touches and 2 goals playing against the best clearance player in the comp. Griggs improved a lot.

Thought grigg deserved votes for beating Libba. Was a good battle but he finished up with 20 touches and 2 goals playing against the best clearance player in the comp. Griggs improved a lot.

If Grigg has improved a lot because he curbed Libba's influence, how much has Libba improved??? Grigg is a good ordinary player, Libba is well on the way to being an elite player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back