Moved Thread Ben Griffiths Contract Discussion - SIgned

How much would you offer Griffiths per year (assume 2yr contract)?

• Lower

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 7 4.5%

Votes: 22 14.3%

Votes: 67 43.5%

Votes: 42 27.3%

Votes: 6 3.9%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Higher

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Trade

Votes: 5 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Comparing goal kicking now and then is also ridiculous. When Vickery was kicking goals we were not sharing the goal kicking around. The team made a concerted effort to spread the goal kicking because DESPITE THOSE WONDERFUL STATS WE WERE GETTING FLOGGED in 2011!!!! Look at the output of our best forward Riewoldt to prove the point. What has happened with his tallies since then? So the days of lots of goals by a KPP are dwindling. Also where did Griff play his games in 2012? A little hard to kick goals from there don't you think?

Yes we were. In fact 2011 was the year Dimma stressed that he wanted a greater spread of goalkickers, because our runner up in 2010 finished on just 15 goals. That year we ended up with the following goalkickers:

Riewoldt - 62
Vickery - 36
Martin - 33
Nahas - 29
King - 25
Cotchin - 18
Miller - 17

You're just turning into a troll these days
Turning into? Mate, RT has well and truly moved to under the bridge and completed his transformation into a mega troll. All of his posts consist of telling us that oven mits Hampson is a weekly inclusion. I'm surprised the colour of his font isn't green from the all the algae under the bridge that his posts are clearly pulled from.

Mate your avatar of the lego man tiger is my two boys favourite .They giggle their heads off whenever they see it:)

hehe, thats why i chose it. I had 3 to chose from so got my kids to decide :) My eldest wanted to choose a chick with the tiger logo tattooed on her **** but common sense prevailed :p

hehe, thats why i chose it. I had 3 to chose from so got my kids to decide :) My eldest wanted to choose a chick with the tiger logo tattooed on her **** but common sense prevailed :p

Its not a Lego Man, its quite clearly Brandon Ellis

What would I need to google to find a pic like that?

Whenever I see the chick on American Pickers it looks like she has some sort of Tiger action happening on her boobs but google tells me it is just part of the pattern on there....

Disagree that he needs to kick more goals. I like both players so don't get me wrong, but they have two completely different roles when playing fwd
Griff works and runs harder and plays further away from the goals whereas as TV plays closer to goal and more of a pack marker or a one on one contest.So on this alone I wouldn't be surprised Tv kicks more goals and would be disappointed if he didn't. TV does not work anywhere near as hard as Griffo as his role is different
If you heard DH recently he has been highly praising Griffo bc of his work rate and attack on the ball. If it was all about kicking goals then Rance Morris and Newman and may others wouldn't get a gig. Griffo is a supplier to goal assists whereas Tv is a goal finisher when up fwd
They're both important roles for our team
But if griff plays up the ground etc and it's not about kicking goals he should be getting a lot more of the ball than Ty? But he doesn't ... Ty gets more footy and kicks a lot more goals. Goal assists also equal.

And rance and Morris stop goals... What exactly does griff do again? 7 posessions last week and 1 goal and we must sign him and increase his contract... Please.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But if griff plays up the ground etc and it's not about kicking goals he should be getting a lot more of the ball than Ty? But he doesn't ... Ty gets more footy and kicks a lot more goals. Goal assists also equal.

And rance and Morris stop goals... What exactly does griff do again? 7 posessions last week and 1 goal and we must sign him and increase his contract... Please.
He competes and takes the CHB out of the game and makes him chase him around all day
That's why DH is loving his game ATM

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centre_half-forward

Last edited:
Yes we were. In fact 2011 was the year Dimma stressed that he wanted a greater spread of goalkickers, because our runner up in 2010 finished on just 15 goals. That year we ended up with the following goalkickers:

Riewoldt - 62
Vickery - 36
Martin - 33
Nahas - 29
King - 25
Cotchin - 18
Miller - 17

That's a great spread of goal kickers.

Hopefully next year we can look forward to

Riewoldt - 62
Vickery - 36
Martin - 33
Griffiths - 29
Lloyd/Gordon - 25
Cotch - 18
Lids - 17

No.. Hardwick is giving him a game because vickery got suspended for 4 weeks.
Yes , but DH said he's been great and he basically was instrumental in the wins against the Dons and Crows
Really you look at thinks very shallow or one eyed
Go back and watch the games

Did you watch the game? He actually got 2 goals. Don't you like to add any hit outs to his stats? After all he rucked 40% of the game. Hard to kick more than two when you ruck so much!:rolleyes:

Back