Moved Thread Ben Griffiths Contract Discussion - SIgned

How much would you offer Griffiths per year (assume 2yr contract)?

• Lower

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 7 4.5%

Votes: 22 14.3%

Votes: 67 43.5%

Votes: 42 27.3%

Votes: 6 3.9%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Higher

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Trade

Votes: 5 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I think you've got the wrong impression of what i was saying. Of course they need to have more strings to their bow then crumbing, but its as much about a highly skilled forward who will apply a lot of pressure because he has pace and can make the most of limited chances to cover having three talls in the forward line. Jake King is the closest we've had to that type for awhile and i'd love having 2011-012 Jake in our forward line right now with greats act of pressure and nagging and irritating.

Dusty and Lids are great going forward but they are pushing up the ground more and playing as a mixture of midfield/high half forward and thats the role they are best at.

I think you undersell the forward and small forward roles.
The primary roles of all forwards is offense and being goal threats. The best pressure is scoreboard pressure. Defense and everything else is important but offense is critical. You can't have defensive forwards without the offensive threats in championship teams and Lids and Dusty are most effective with their offensive output and more so when we bulk up our ruck rover stocks IMO

Heard differently TBH.

I'm really not to concerned about it now.
Well I'll go with your version then.
I've no real reason to believe what I heard was right other than the bloke telling me was convinced.

Well I'll go with your version then.
I've no real reason to believe what I heard was right other than the bloke telling me was convinced.

I really shouldn't have said heard differently but putting together the few bits of info i've gathered (Dan Richo's comments, people i know who know Griff and what Tiger71 said) i'm pretty confident it will get done. Think its just posturing right now to get more years and maybe cash.

Rightfully I think Griff is waiting for after finals to see if can improve the bottom line of his contract with a huge performance.

I really shouldn't have said heard differently but putting together the few bits of info i've gathered (Dan Richo's comments, people i know who know Griff and what Tiger71 said) i'm pretty confident it will get done. Think its just posturing right now to get more years and maybe cash.

Rightfully I think Griff is waiting for after finals to see if can improve the bottom line of his contract with a huge performance.
True.
The version I heard had a club having offered him a deal we aren't close to.
But then again,how much stuff do you hear in a season. Heaps
And how much that is true? **** all.

Make of this what you will, guys.

Benny Gale on Talking Footy said whilst Ty is an important player for us, Griff has taken his spot and has been terrific for us. Also said that there is no room for 3 tall forwards as it takes away versatility y not allowing Deledio or Martin to play there as often as they would like.

True.
The version I heard had a club having offered him a deal we aren't close to.
But then again,how much stuff do you hear in a season. Heaps
And how much that is true? **** all.
That's why I rattled this thread weeks ago bc clubs
had already shown interest from the Freo game onwards,but recently he's been showing heaps of potential and my fear was we were going to lose him. Then the BG value vote idea was introduced to the thread by flea. His manager had a meeting with the club weeks ago still no murmurs and then a rumour on PRE said an announcement during this week .so we all wait in anticipation bc I think his value to other teams is way over what the club and most posters think
I stated weeks ago Our original offer wouldn't get BG out of bed and he would go based on it
Tiger71 mentioned he hasn't signed , but I'm not sure anymore bc of the contradictions going around Especially now that you've thrown in some more dirty laundry

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Benny Gale on Talking Footy said whilst Ty is an important player for us, Griff has taken his spot and has been terrific for us. Also said that there is no room for 3 tall forwards as it takes away versatility y not allowing Deledio or Martin to play there as often as they would like.
Hmmm that's interesting,

I think that's true, but something to work on during the off season. They're both very mobile talls. Then where does McBean fit in all of it? Interesting times ahead.

I think that's true, but something to work on during the off season. They're both very mobile talls. Then where does McBean fit in all of it? Interesting times ahead.
I think we can play with 3 talls but Vickery isn't ready and nor is Mcbean but when Mcbean gets developed who knows where he can play. I like the look of Peter Wright the draftee and I thinkMcbean needs to develop and build his body more like Peter to get the most out of himself.

For 3 talks to work though Griffith's would need to play half forward and further up the ground to create space in the forward line in terms of his movement and long kicking

Yeah i got the impression it was more about the finals then next year as he said Vickery is an important part of our side

His behaviour following the last couple of games (and especially the Sydney game) just doesn't look like someone who is on their way out. Maybe I'm delusional, but BG looks to me as if he is loving the Punt Road cool aid right now. Behind closed doors things might be very different, but I really hope not.

Loved his work on Saturday - especially the contest (no stat there mind you) that set up the Gordon clearance to Titch onto Jack Goal. Not to mention the marks (paid and unpaid)...

His behaviour following the last couple of games (and especially the Sydney game) just doesn't look like someone who is on their way out. Maybe I'm delusional, but BG looks to me as if he is loving the Punt Road cool aid right now. Behind closed doors things might be very different, but I really hope not.

Loved his work on Saturday - especially the contest (no stat there mind you) that set up the Gordon clearance to Titch onto Jack Goal. Not to mention the marks (paid and unpaid)...
I like your positivity based on players body language after emotional victories but I hope you're right
Big offers can also make managers push you to think differently this is why I'm not sold on the fact he's signed up so I will remain nervous until its done

I think we can play with 3 talls but Vickery isn't ready and nor is Mcbean but when Mcbean gets developed who knows where he can play. I like the look of Peter Wright the draftee and I thinkMcbean needs to develop and build his body more like Peter to get the most out of himself.

For 3 talks to work though Griffith's would need to play half forward and further up the ground to create space in the forward line in terms of his movement and long kicking

What do you mean Vickery isn't ready? Do you mean this weekend?

I dont buy into the cant play 3 talls thinking thats been mentioned here by BG

Jack Riewoldt is the joker in the box and plays very much both as a KPF & Mid sized foward like a gunston/Johnson
Tyrone is your typical stay home FF & BG Is your Roaming CHF

The best part about these 3 players is that they are all interchangable and create relief in the Ruck for Ivan

What do you mean Vickery isn't ready? Don this weekend?

Vickery IMO has been played as part of his development but in terms of effective role against quality defense he is not ready because he still needs more body development. Mcbean needs even more time to be ready but Vickery has been played because we have had no one else until Griffith's stepped up and the roles became easier to define. I think Vickery can still make it but he needs a stronger body and legs like Peter Wright as does Mcbean. To get better Vickery needs more mass particularly in his legs to be stronger in aerial contests and in the ruck.

IMO Vickery needs to be an animal in the gym

Vickery needs more balance when competing for marks and getting position in the ruck. I believe he will get the required balance when he builds up his body particularly his legs

I dont buy into the cant play 3 talls thinking thats been mentioned here by BG

Jack Riewoldt is the joker in the box and plays very much both as a KPF & Mid sized foward like a gunston/Johnson
Tyrone is your typical stay home FF & BG Is your Roaming CHF

The best part about these 3 players is that they are all interchangable and create relief in the Ruck for Ivan

GUNN, that's we're I'd differ... TV is not interchangeable with the other two .. especially not Griff. hes much less mobile, and has much lower all-round field play skills.. especially once the pill is contested. His lack of versatility means the other two are, by default, restricted in their roles (cant have two stay at home -mark it or nothing-forwards) - so overall the match ups become much simpler for the opposition. TV (or Treacle as I like to call him) is the easiest match up in the entire team.

I used to rate TV two years ago, but not only has he gone backward personally, the change in team structure has also worked against him I think. It was ok to have a relatively static tall clumper target when we had king, nahas and white nipping around his ankles applying the roving and defensvie pressure. Now we have two highly mobile roving forwards and the mids rotating through instead. Its a different dynamic that makes his style less effective. IF we have to bet down, I'd pay Grif, develop McBean and trade TV and a pick for an A-lister top up somewhere.

Back