Vic Best and worst areas of Melbourne?

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm renting in Boronia and for the most part it's good. I'm near the train, it has all the shops I need, bowling, cinema, a sports bar, some nice restaurants so can't complain too much other than the ice junkies/drunks at the station but this is considerably better since the PSO's started.

Berwick - Highly regarded as the "Toorak of the outer East".

People only wish they could afford to live in Berwick. People are giving up their first born to have the 3806 postcode.

Berwick - Highly regarded as the "Toorak of the outer East".

People only wish they could afford to live in Berwick. People are giving up their first born to have the 3806 postcode.

depends which part of berwick, "the village" yes, berwick South of the freeway, is Narre Warren with a better post code.

depends which part of berwick, "the village" yes, berwick South of the freeway, is Narre Warren with a better post code.
Ummm, I think he was just stirring the pot.
Berwick !!!!! Haahaa

Narre Warren ??? Dont even know where it is. Great if youre into multiculturism or whatever else the Govt. insists we all embrace and love.
Me petsonally ? While i would like to keep my teeth in place so dont visit any of these fantastic suburbs where the risk of getting smashed in your face for $10 is very high. But the redidents had a tough life and we need to lve all of these refugees, the Govt insists !!!!

So outer suburbs rule ,,,, Far better than the yicky white suburbs such ad Toorak, Hawthorn, Hawthorn, Canterbury etc. The readon properties are so expensive here is tat they are terrible places to live.
Obvious !!!

Yay for Bewick and Nare Warren, they are great places.

Berwick !!!!! Haahaa

Narre Warren ??? Dont even know where it is. Great if youre into multiculturism or whatever else the Govt. insists we all embrace and love.
Me petsonally ? While i would like to keep my teeth in place so dont visit any of these fantastic suburbs where the risk of getting smashed in your face for $10 is very high. But the redidents had a tough life and we need to lve all of these refugees, the Govt insists !!!!

So outer suburbs rule ,,,, Far better than the yicky white suburbs such ad Toorak, Hawthorn, Hawthorn, Canterbury etc. The readon properties are so expensive here is tat they are terrible places to live.
Obvious !!!

You're not overly intelligent are you? :confused:

Berwick !!!!! Haahaa

Obvious !!!

Yes I too hate racists but also love white supremacists.

Also I agree: good is bad, up is down, left is right... THE SKY IS GREEN!

Melbourne's inner-North is The Biggest Wank in Australia.

I rent a flat in Albert Park for far less than I paid anywhere north-side, and at least people around here, ludicrously wealthy though they are, don't try to act like they aren't rich as so many Fitzroy yuppies will insist. Anyone with a good pair of shoes can walk from Collingwood (about as far North as I ever go) to the inner South without stress. Also, wide footpaths, take a walk down Victoria Avenue with your lady astride you and find yourself never swerving to avoid another person.

Melbourne's inner-North is The Biggest Wank in Australia.

I rent a flat in Albert Park for far less than I paid anywhere north-side, and at least people around here, ludicrously wealthy though they are, don't try to act like they aren't rich as so many Fitzroy yuppies will insist. Anyone with a good pair of shoes can walk from Collingwood (about as far North as I ever go) to the inner South without stress. Also, wide footpaths, take a walk down Victoria Avenue with your lady astride you and find yourself never swerving to avoid another person.
I really like that area. Not sold on St Kilda entirely considering it's price, but you wouldn't turn down a bargain place there. I reckon South Melbourne would be a comfortable suburb too – you forget that it's as far from Flinders Street as Fitzroy is to Melbourne Central. You've got that proximity but you're around a more quiet type of beautiful person... someone... more inclined to wear their hair in a bun and a Nike cap and not talk to you, rather than a bloke in dolphin pants carrying his son on his front with a wrong-way-round backpack.

I'm looking at a new place soon for about $200-230 a week for a single bed. Looking more and more towards Moonee Ponds and Essendon. Northcote just seems like it never really happened and there's a weird half-way between it being expensive and hip, and being Moonee Ponds on the other side. Brunswick has its own issues with hipsterdom too, probably worse for younger blokes because everyone else there is 23 and screaming for relevance, whereas the Roy is all dual income nurses, school teachers, and dentists talking to each other about who has the best upcoming holiday and whether little Hugo or Maximilian are getting immunised this year.

But I guess the ultimate issue is these suburbs are generally decent places to live. The crime level is relatively low, the people are *in twats and douches and dicks and pricks but they aren't scumbags and arseholes, and they're usually well serviced or close to cities, and it is nice to be able to go down and have a couple of decent places to grab a coffee. Being around pricks is the price you pay I guess.

What are people's experiences of The Moonee Ponds Corridor? I know the girls are str8 outta private school and usually carrying some kind of middle class privilege to rebel against, and I know it's where the Craigieburne line trains get emptied, but is it a little bit too suburban and boring for a 21/22 year old? Am I going to start drinking at the Sporting Globe and end up with a gambling addiction/end up at Welcome Stranger drinking pots at 11am on a Wednesday?

I really like that area. Not sold on St Kilda entirely considering it's price, but you wouldn't turn down a bargain place there. I reckon South Melbourne would be a comfortable suburb too – you forget that it's as far from Flinders Street as Fitzroy is to Melbourne Central. You've got that proximity but you're around a more quiet type of beautiful person... someone... more inclined to wear their hair in a bun and a Nike cap and not talk to you, rather than a bloke in dolphin pants carrying his son on his front with a wrong-way-round backpack.

I'm looking at a new place soon for about $200-230 a week for a single bed. Looking more and more towards Moonee Ponds and Essendon. Northcote just seems like it never really happened and there's a weird half-way between it being expensive and hip, and being Moonee Ponds on the other side. Brunswick has its own issues with hipsterdom too, probably worse for younger blokes because everyone else there is 23 and screaming for relevance, whereas the Roy is all dual income nurses, school teachers, and dentists talking to each other about who has the best upcoming holiday and whether little Hugo or Maximilian are getting immunised this year.

But I guess the ultimate issue is these suburbs are generally decent places to live. The crime level is relatively low, the people are ****in twats and douches and dicks and pricks but they aren't scumbags and arseholes, and they're usually well serviced or close to cities, and it is nice to be able to go down and have a couple of decent places to grab a coffee. Being around pricks is the price you pay I guess.

What are people's experiences of The Moonee Ponds Corridor? I know the girls are str8 outta private school and usually carrying some kind of middle class privilege to rebel against, and I know it's where the Craigieburne line trains get emptied, but is it a little bit too suburban and boring for a 21/22 year old? Am I going to start drinking at the Sporting Globe and end up with a gambling addiction/end up at Welcome Stranger drinking pots at 11am on a Wednesday?
St Kilda has some of those gorgeous Euro Art-Deco apartments that go fairly cheaply, 330-380 for two b/r. But they lose a bit of functionality having been designed with external aesthetics as the aim. Plus, it's a s**t place in summer with the backpackers.

I can't really speak on that mid-North-West corridor, but it seems like it wouldn't be do-able if your a lifestyle oriented student, losing any ability to walk home at 3am, or have several friends within a kilometer - though not having these could have it's own appeal. I think you'd be better off being as inner as possible, if that means looking at 'concept retail' and assholes in monochromes then, I guess, it's a fair trade-off.

St Kilda has some of those gorgeous Euro Art-Deco apartments that go fairly cheaply, 330-380 for two b/r. But they lose a bit of functionality having been designed with external aesthetics as the aim. Plus, it's a s**t place in summer with the backpackers.

I can't really speak on that mid-North-West corridor, but it seems like it wouldn't be do-able if your a lifestyle oriented student, losing any ability to walk home at 3am, or have several friends within a kilometer - though not having these could have it's own appeal. I think you'd be better off being as inner as possible, if that means looking at 'concept retail' and assholes in monochromes then, I guess, it's a fair trade-off.
How old are you? People don't move out at all these days unless their parents are mental or they move interstate, so I tend to have mates basically all over the place anywhere. I don't know.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How old are you? People don't move out at all these days unless their parents are mental or they move interstate, so I tend to have mates basically all over the place anywhere. I don't know.
Late-20s. I went to a Melbourne Uni college for my first year of uni, though, make of that what you will.

Obviously rent is absurdly priced. And not everyone has the option, but it sounds like you do, I think you'd be better off using it.

[QUOTE="Silent Alarm, post: 40597755, member: 102622

Yes indeed. Don't do it young fella

But I guess the ultimate issue is these suburbs are generally decent places to live. The crime level is relatively low, the people are ****in twats and douches and dicks and pricks but they aren't scumbags and arseholes, and they're usually well serviced or close to cities, and it is nice to be able to go down and have a couple of decent places to grab a coffee. Being around pricks is the price you pay I guess.

What do you mean by Northcote 'never really happening'? That is a statement that means absolutely zilch. Really good suburb IMO.

I reckon you use the most stereotypes in describing things I've ever seen. Your entire post is just stereotyping. They are useless.

What do you mean by Northcote 'never really happening'? That is a statement that means absolutely zilch. Really good suburb IMO.

I reckon you use the most stereotypes in describing things I've ever seen. Your entire post is just stereotyping. They are useless.
But it's kinda true man. I know you're from the same vague area but surely you realise how many arseclowns are in Fitzroy. Towards Clifton Hill, Abbotsford you get your very decent middle class people which is always a really nice place to be.

As for Northcote: I mean it never became the Brunswick hipster twats talked it up to be. I really dig it, nice main strip, few good pubs, decent and enough cafés and restaurants, but they charge Brunswick rent for what is really just another Moonee Ponds. Which isn't a dis. It's just not worth the money.

Grew up in North Fitzroy, 2 years ago I would say it was still the best area, these days, full of w@nkers.

just moved out to Melton, I love it, yes theres crime, but its no worse than anywhere else, rents cheap, sh!tload to do and family friendly.

Lived in Kealba for 2 years, that whole Sunshine to Taylor Lakes is a sh!thole, too many idiots with hotted up cars

northcote has better architecture, amenities, transport - public and private, closer to everything than moonee ponds. i'm no patriot, but it's definetly cheaper than brunswick and fitzroy. you'd have to have a serious hard-on for moonee ponds to make that comparison... i'd sooner go to thornbury.

i reckon abbotsford and clifton hill are home to the biggest campaigners in melbourne. the filthy, crusted-on hipsters, the ones that project actual disdain for everyday life. what's that cafe under victoria park station? i went there for a coffee a few times and the bearded barista audibly groans at having to serve people. but maybe those pricks are just everywhere in northern melbourne. the idea that there's a tangible difference in demographic or attitude between any of the inner northern 'burbs (except carlton/carlton north, which are clearly wealthier) is pretty laughable.

Fair cop to be honest, agreed on the café there too. Just in my experience, people from Clifton Hill have generally been more suburban and decent people.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back