Best individual award

Best individual award

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like your 2 b&f examples better.
Norm Smith medals can be very much an overrated award especially when you have lots of equally good players on the day.
Hodge never stood out in either, could've gone to anyone, he got them because of his name, alot like Cyril this year.
Being the best player in a close prelim is better than the floggings you guys dished out a few times in GFs.
The performances of Gunston in finals are simply not acknowledged.
Another example
Brad Ottens 2007 PF means more than Johnson's 07 GF. But who has a 'norm smith'

Hodge and Cyril winning the Norms aren't a bad decision, they were deserving winners. I agree that others could have won them, and they also would have been deserving winners. In the end it's a call made on the day by commenters and it involves bias, as you allude to. Though I don't believe that any Norm Smith that I can remember, including the ones to Hodge and Cyril, were given due to reputation only.

You bringing up Gunston is a non sequitur. He has been good in finals, same as a majority of his games

Gibson is a better player than Hodge is what I'm learning.
This was a good year supposedly by Hodge, gets the most consistent award yet gets beaten by Gibson.
I'm thinking Hodge is a severely overrated player in the public eye.
Gibson underrated.

Didn't a former basketball player come athletics bloke win the Cats B&F?....Not that anyone cares, but it doesn't say much for the supposed 'footy talent' at that club.

Hodge and Cyril winning the Norms aren't a bad decision, they were deserving winners. I agree that others could have won them, and they also would have been deserving winners. In the end it's a call made on the day by commenters and it involves bias, as you allude to. Though I don't believe that any Norm Smith that I can remember, including the ones to Hodge and Cyril, were given due to reputation only.

You bringing up Gunston is a non sequitur. He has been good in finals, same as a majority of his games

Personally I think a most influential player in a finals series for the premier would be a better medal than a Best on GF Day.

You can win some tight finals and have a flogging GF Day eg 2007 119, and the guy who plays well along with 21 other players on the day can win it over someone who pulled you over the line when it truly mattered.

Personally I think a most influential player in a finals series for the premier would be a better medal than a Best on GF Day.

You can win some tight finals and have a flogging GF Day eg 2007 119, and the guy who plays well along with 21 other players on the day can win it over someone who pulled you over the line when it truly mattered.

We do have that award. It went to Mitchell for this year.
I understand your point though. But you're treating finals as separate from the whole season, the BnF doesn't do that. That's why I think a BnF in a premiership year is the ultimate individual honour a player can win

Didn't a former basketball player come athletics bloke win the Cats B&F?....Not that anyone cares, but it doesn't say much for the supposed 'footy talent' at that club.

I know what you're saying, no one really stood out but Blicavs is pretty damn good for us and will improve again at a crazy rate.
Motlop 2nd and Selwood 3rd had average years but they will improve for 2016.
We had more wins than losses this year in what was considered a bad year and the vast majority of our players are only going to have a better year after an ordinary 2015.
Throw in Danger, returning injured players and a ruckmen and we are clearly improving on our 11-9 record.

Age Footballer of the Year.
Next.

Can we move onto the next unashamedly loaded question from a gloating Taswegian?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back