Big 4 superclash - Richmond v Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loved watching it on tele (would have been better at the ground of course) seeing a full house. Both crowds have to be applauded. Makes me even more excited for the day when it's Melbourne on the big stage.

The show these two teams put on was a credit to the game despite the interference of the umpires. The atmosphere at the ground was unreal and the game was some of the most entertaining hard fought and skill full football you could hope to see. Everything about the game had big written all over it. Was a timely reminder of why Richmond and Carlton are knows as big 4 clubs. Great example of what the game is all about, credit to both sides.

Ahhh the Tigers bravado came back and bit them hard.

Any bravado expressed was just that. We thought we had the better side - still think it - but Carlton has caused us problems too many times for anyone to think it was going to be easy.

As much as I hate your club, I don't begrudge them making the finals by default. The better side on the day, won.

The show these two teams put on was a credit to the game despite the interference of the umpires. The atmosphere at the ground was unreal and the game was some of the most entertaining hard fought and skill full football you could hope to see. Everything about the game had big written all over it. Was a timely reminder of why Richmond and Carlton are knows as big 4 clubs. Great example of what the game is all about, credit to both sides.
Good post.:thumbsu:

Leigh Mathews said at the start of the game that someone needs to remind him that this isnt a Grand Final, and in all his years of football their has never been an atmosphere to equal this apart from Grand Finals, and even then not to many.

How massive will round 1 be next year. We will get yu back then;)

The result still hurts but definitely agree with whats been said about the unbelievable crowd and atmosphere.

Apart from the last 10 mins (for obvious reasons lol) was the best game I've ever attended from an entertainment perspective (that includes last year's GF).

Hopefully this game shows that the Big 4 is alive and kicking :thumbsu:

The result still hurts but definitely agree with whats been said about the unbelievable crowd and atmosphere.

Apart from the last 10 mins (for obvious reasons lol) was the best game I've ever attended from an entertainment perspective (that includes last year's GF).

Hopefully this game shows that the Big 4 is alive and kicking :thumbsu:

i thought the 90,000 for Carlton v Essendon in 2011 showed that too. In great conditions like yesterday though, I wouldnt rule out a Cats/Hawks game drawing that high

Pity the tigers where shown to be toothless - the writing was on the wall, Richmond simply can't beat us, but the Richmond boys harked on about irrelevant fonals record and forgot the clear fact that, we have the wood over you.

Blues def have our measure bit like Hawks v Cats.
Great day overall though apart from the result the atmosphere was amazing , and i rekon you guys will make the prelim final to, i think Swans are cooked.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pity the tigers where shown to be toothless - the writing was on the wall, Richmond simply can't beat us, but the Richmond boys harked on about irrelevant fonals record and forgot the clear fact that, we have the wood over you.

Just stick to your 5 bays of Carlton supporters. You were an embarrassment lol. We made you look like an interstate team in the stands. We'll start beating you very soon and it'll satisfy millions around the country when we crap on you twice a year

Leigh Mathews said at the start of the game that someone needs to remind him that this isnt a Grand Final, and in all his years of football their has never been an atmosphere to equal this apart from Grand Finals, and even then not to many.

It was a great day both sets of fans were great.

Yep round 1 just got bigger

Was thinking about this today, and Gerard Whateley just brought it up on AFL360, does this change Carlton's view of it's list??

what happens if they manage to win next week??

This was a club that had earmarked a heap of changes, yet have now won a final and have been in reasonably good form over the last month. Is this just the performances we were expecting early season?? Is this a group of guys trying to ensure their AFL futures, either there or elsewhere?? Have they finally got Micks game plan right?? Or just a group of guys playing with nothing to lose and everything to gain?

An amazing result, but could this actually hinder Carlton?

Round 1 will be HUGE!
Could very well be 85,000+ for the return match.

Just stick to your 5 bays of Carlton supporters. You were an embarrassment lol. We made you look like an interstate team in the stands. We'll start beating you very soon and it'll satisfy millions around the country when we crap on you twice a year

Blah Blah Richmond flogs like you have been saying that for 5 years now...

Unfortunately, Tigers lose another blockbuster game against a big club when it counts the most. When will they finally turn the corner?

We always have to console ourselves with a big attendance as a consolation prize. Would be nice to win in front of a big crowd for a change.

I was in standing room in the Southern Stand and have to say the ground was bursting with noise with every Tiger goal. When Maric kicked that goal in the last qtr, I felt the whole stand erupt, bursting at the seams, the noise was just thunderous. When Judd lifted and kicked that goal, and then Garlett's sealing goal was sheer scenes of mayhem. It was just incredible.

As I trudged out of the "g" with a few minutes to go in the game, the Blues fans were celebrating like they won the flag, jumping, dancing, singing with joy pumping their fists. It was just crazy crazy crazy Big 4 stuff.

Oh well what's done is done, see you Rd 1.

Come On Blues/Tigers Fans lets do it again in RD1, break the opening round record. we usually get 70kish it would be electric to go to round1 to a 90k+ Crowd. I still reckon if the remaining MCC seats were sold to public we would have easily cracked 100k on sunday.

Was thinking about this today, and Gerard Whateley just brought it up on AFL360, does this change Carlton's view of it's list??

what happens if they manage to win next week??

This was a club that had earmarked a heap of changes, yet have now won a final and have been in reasonably good form over the last month. Is this just the performances we were expecting early season?? Is this a group of guys trying to ensure their AFL futures, either there or elsewhere?? Have they finally got Micks game plan right?? Or just a group of guys playing with nothing to lose and everything to gain?

An amazing result, but could this actually hinder Carlton?

Mick aint silly. We will still cut a lot of our list whether we win this week or not.

He has been around long enough to know who will make the cut and who won't.

No one has mentioned deledio chasing down and catching yarran in full flight? I thought that was a highlight worth mentioning

Loved watching it on tele (would have been better at the ground of course) seeing a full house. Both crowds have to be applauded. Makes me even more excited for the day when it's Melbourne on the big stage.

Yeah agree. MCG looked fantastic with the full house and the blue sky spring day. And the roar at the end of the anthem came through loud and clear on the tv which is actually something that rarely happens. Must have been a fantastic atmosphere at the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back