Big Bash Season 15-16

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh yes because all of those players are within any Australian side currently...oh lordy me hell is here and it is scary as a bunch of decent enough t20 bowlers.

If they were any good, they would be purchased by t20 franchises globally.
NCN and Tye have been? Arafat is a well known T20 world traveller. And Behrendorff is the best of the lot and will be picked up soon if he stays fit. Not to mention Hogg (who is killing the current IPL along with the aforementioned NCN).

So...yeah, this is awkward. :)

Oh yes because all of those players are within any Australian side currently...oh lordy me hell is here and it is scary as a bunch of decent enough t20 bowlers.

You must be a Stars fan :) Great individual star names on paper every year, play like poo or choke as a team every year :cool:

Let's take a look:

NCN - Has played a fair bit for Australia, playing IPL
Hogg - Old, still wheeled out for WC's, playing IPL
Arafat - Overseas player
Dorff - Got injured, but should get an international cap
Tye - New addition, playing IPL
Agar - Has played tests, could again
M Marsh - Plays for Australia, has played IPL

We don't go after big name internationals. It's why we've actually been successful, we dont put all our eggs into one basket.
Sangakarra is retired though, wouldn't mind going after a retired big name player. Not much risk of him being called up for international duties if he's retired :D. If we had Sanga I reckon we'd be near on unbackable favourites to threepeat this coming season.

Sanga is an awesome signing. One of my alltime favourite cricketers. Such a brilliant batsman.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You blokes must be working with the Heat ;) . . . trio of re-signings announced this morning, Peter Forrest, James Peirson & Mark Steketee. Squad is now:

Brisbane Heat BBL|05 Squad: Joe Burns, Ben Cutting, Peter Forrest, Chris Lynn, Jimmy Peirson, Nathan Reardon, Mark Steketee. See more at: http://www.brisbaneheat.com.au/news/2015/05/08/brisbane-heat-re-sign-key-trio#sthash.DWQEKJgg.dpuf

Peirson well and truly the heir apparent to Chris Hartley at Queensland in the next season or so, with Tom Healy likely to step into the back-up role when that changeover takes place.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back