Billy Longer vs Brodie Grundy

Billy Longer vs Brodie Grundy

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Think after Friday night it pretty obvious is Grundy. Only those who are biased, blind or bitter could disagree,

Your trolling is comical. Longer and Grundy had a great battle Longers ruck work was better while Grundy got more of it around the ground.

I've seen everything when I've seen Adam H accusing someone of trolling.

In my opinion both will be top 10 rucks, but I think Grundy will have a higher ceiling. His work around the ground combined with his aggressiveness will be amazing, and if he can convert more of his taps to advantage so will his ruckwork.

Is there an, "I like both," option?

Both very different. Longer is likely to be the type to make the absolute most of his hitouts; some of his tap work is absolutely brilliant and I can see it getting better and better. That said I'm not sure I see much scope for improvement in his work around the ground - he'll get better, but I don't think he's ever going to be a genuinely dangerous forward/defender/extra midfielder.

Grundy, on the other hand, is likely to make his impact through both weight of numbers and ability to create around the ground. I can see him absolutely monstering opposition ruckmen in the future with his aggression and strength both great attributes. He is very capable of winning the ball around the ground and I can see him providing a reasonable option up forward also in future. I don't think he'll ever give his midfielders amazing service though - it will be through dominating his opponent thoroughly that he impacts with his tap work, not with superb vision and direction on his taps.

As for which ends up better - it really depends which fits your team and personal philosophies on footy, in my opinion. I picked Longer previously and probably still would now as I love ruckman that can just set up play exquisitely, even if they're getting "beaten". Both will be good though, I think.

Your trolling is comical. Longer and Grundy had a great battle Longers ruck work was better while Grundy got more of it around the ground.
on the radio station i was listening to they were calling Longer one of the worst on ground

oh ok then, it didn't happen. Just like Collingwood and horrible little Luke Ball didn't win the 2010 premiership ;)

If what your saying is true which I doubt. They must think very little of Grundy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't remember, but I assume he was in the best considering he was in our top 5 on ground and we won by about 70 points:cry:

So the bloke that had more hit outs than one of the best on ground was one of the worst? Yep makes sense.

ABC grandstand agreed. Grundy was much better Friday Night.

Triple M said it was a great battle giving Longer the honors in the ruck while Grundy had the better around the ground game.

Triple M said it was a great battle giving Longer the honors in the ruck while Grundy had the better around the ground game.
Longer was terrific when he was rucking against White. I think one day, providing he fulfills his potential, Longer could make it into the VLF team of the year.

I'm sorry, but you never admit defeat do you? Grundy was in our top 3 on friday, whilst I continually heard it being said that Longer had a poor game. Grundy was better than Longer.

That old chestnut your ruck was only good against our second ruck.
Our second ruck is Witts, who is currently recovering from an injury. Longer could only beat our third ruckman who in the past year hasn't had much more than a couple hit-outs to advantage.

I'm sorry, but you never admit defeat do you? Grundy was in our top 3 on friday, whilst I continually heard it being said that Longer had a poor game. Grundy was better than Longer.

Our second ruck is Witts, who is currently recovering from an injury. Longer could only beat our third ruckman who in the past year hasn't had much more than a couple hit-outs to advantage.

First of all if Longer had a poor game I cant wait until he plays a good game we are talking about 60 hit outs in your eyes.

Hickey is our second ruck Pierce is our third Grundy only beat our 15 game CHB that now plays forward. Very easy isnt it to make things sound better than they are.

First of all if Longer had a poor game I cant wait until he plays a good game we are talking about 60 hit outs in your eyes.

Hickey is our second ruck Pierce is our third Grundy only beat our 15 game CHB that now plays forward. Very easy isnt it to make things sound better than they are.
In this instance I'm not talking about my opinion, just what the general view was after the game, that Grundy won the ruck comfortably. In my opinion Longer had an alright game in terms of pure hit-outs but had next to no impact around the ground, while that was one of Grundy's best facets of his game.

In this instance I'm not talking about my opinion, just what the general view was after the game, that Grundy won the ruck comfortably. In my opinion Longer had an alright game in terms of pure hit-outs but had next to no impact around the ground, while that was one of Grundy's best facets of his game.

The general view of Collingwood supporters i take it? The same ones that though the umpiring was also fine. When a team has control of the game you'd assume you a ruck man on that side would get more of the ball just through weight of numbers.

Grundy still has a lot of work to do with his body. In my view, he doesn't work hard enough and needs to work on his aerobic tank.

The fact that he can get 23 disposals as a ruckman with a limited aerobic tank shows his upside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back