Boak Or Gibbs

Boak or Gibbs

• Boak

Votes: 117 80.7%
  • Gibbs

Votes: 28 19.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Last few years you would have had to think, but this season has been a break out.
Rate Gibbs and feel he isnt used correctly, but Boak certainly has gone past him.

It's a little frustrating as a Power supporter to see someone like Boak not the recognition that he deserves....putting him up against Gibbs is offensive.
To be fair at the time the thread was made it probably wasn't as clear cut as it is now.

And mind you, the thread was started by a Port fan.

Boak and it's not even close. Has near single-handedley dragged Port over the line in a few games this year, especially last week against the Suns and in the Showdown against us (Wingard was immense but he dominated the clearances to get them back in it).

Gibbs without even thinking. If he ever gets his s**t together he has the potential to be one of the best in the league. I don't see this in Boak.
Gibbs does not have the ability to be one of the best in the league. He is capped at being a b+ player imo.

There isn't any aspect of his game that he's elite at. The closest would be his kicking but even that lacks the penetration to be considered top draw. He isn't particularly fast, strong or evasive. He isn't great on the outside nor on the inside and I think he is more susceptible than you would expect to high pressure - he often throws the ball onto the boot blindly under pressure or in close which would surprise many seeing as his supporters list his decision making and footskills as the strongest aspect of his game.

In short his abilities make him a useful allrounder with no real weaknesses to his game but also not having the ability to reach the top level either. I think for many this is a pretty disappointing outlook especially considering how highly he was rated when drafted and still is by Carlton supporters. I very occasionally feel sorry for him because I think his talent has been overrated by so many Carlton supporters who just expect the no 1 draft pick to turn into a superstar (which most know rarely happens)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everyone knows you need to concede on this one MK, can you bring yourself to do it?

There's nothing to concede. The bump-posts lmach quoted have hardly been blown out of the water. If you want me to reevaluate the thread question as at this juncture however, then the answer is quite obviously Boak. I don't even need to ponder the question it's that obvious.

Boak is still not one of the best in the league and Gibbs never got his s**t together.

LOL Indeed o_O

Boak has been fabulous with his nose to the grindstone in the engine room this year and in the prime leadership role to boot with very little proven midfield quality around him.

Games: 20/21
Disposals: 519 @ 25.95
Contested Possessions: 234 @ 11.70
Clearances: 114 @ 5.70
Inside 50: 112 @ 5.60
Tackles: 84 @ 4.20
Scoring: 17.11
Goal Assists: 15

By any measure he has Gibbs well and truly covered.

Boak is still not one of the best in the league and Gibbs never got his s**t together.

LOL Indeed o_O
Well, he actually just about is in the top midfield bracket (top 15 at least).

Face it, Gibbs is never going to get his s**t together and become that A grader that you claim he will.

Boak, by far. He's been one of the players willing to bust his ass for Port Adelaide this year.. Definitely a key to their success.

Gibbs still tip-toes around the ball! I suppose he can't have his hair messed up!

Well, he actually just about is in the top midfield bracket (top 15 at least).

Yeah. I'd agree with that. Top 15-20 mids for sure. Would love him at the Blues.

Still, that's not what I was talking about. And nothing you've said contradicts the posts you quoted.

Face it, Gibbs is never going to get his s**t together and become that A grader that you claim he will.

I never claimed he will. You seem to be arguing here with a comment you've invented. And I don't have to face s**t. Gibbs has shown in the past that he can play better than he presently is. He's still just 24yo. He may never get s**t his together, he may still yet. No point pretending to know the future.

Back