Remove this Banner Ad

ghost65

Senior List
Suspended
Feb 19, 2011
Tasmania
AFL Club
GWS
I am concerened that there is not enough media scrutiny on Bob Brown and his Grens whacky ideas that are threatening our way of life. It is obvious that the greens have labor right where they want them, and that can only be bad for this country.

So I ask you, who is the real prime minister, Julia Gillard or Bob Brown?

• Banned
No, I will not get over it. There needs to be more media scrutinty on the greens.

I am concerened that there is not enough media scrutiny on Bob Brown and his Grens whacky ideas that are threatening our way of life. It is obvious that the greens have labor right where they want them, and that can only be bad for this country.

So I ask you, who is the real prime minister, Julia Gillard or Bob Brown?

Well you arent, tony

That's true but there are some worrying signs.

I'll be honest and say that I wish Labour adopted the greens social policies and left the economic ones be,

but there is no point in complaining that a member of the coalition is influencing policy.

It's like complaining that the sky is blue.

"Left wing psychopaths" and "_____" - classy guys :rolleyes:

BTW, can you tell me the last government led by a Liberal Prime Minister that was not a coalition?

Strangest coalition you will find, where one of the parties has only one seat and dictates policy.

That’s strange to you?

What would you expect a member of a coalition to do?

The thing I find strange is that the only people who seem offended by this government are the people who didn't vote for them.

Now THAT'S strange.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s strange to you?

What would you expect a member of a coalition to do?

The thing I find strange is that the only people who seem offended by this government are the people who didn't vote for them.

Now THAT'S strange.

Wrong... I voted for the Government and I am concerned by the Greens influencing Labor Policy. As a younger person i have seen a green party hold the balance of power before at state level and the disastrous effect it had.

Prior to the election the ALP's stance was clear cut. I have severe reservations about voting for the government if it's not prepared to push it's own platform and some one else's.

The funny thing is by trying to protect it's minortity governemtn ALP may need to be wary of alienating one of their own...... Gillards whips must be battling sleep disorder by now.

No, I will not get over it. There needs to be more media scrutinty on the greens.

Yeah, get over it. Seriously. You should be more worried about what Abbott and his media mates are doing to politics in this country. There needs to media scrutiny of Abbott whose party has consistently spoken with 2 voices to the public, allowing extreme views to be aired while he pretends to admonish them by responding in vague and general terms.

The Liberal Party are as responsible for the situation of power the greens find themselves in as anyone, given they handed them the lower house seat they won.

Exactly. And they'd do it again "in the blink of an eye" if the opportunity arose at the next election.

The Liberal Party are as responsible for the situation of power the greens find themselves in as anyone, given they handed them the lower house seat they won.

hahahaha ...

So even when they are in opposition, everything bad is the Libs fault?
:rolleyes:

Labor sold whatever soul they had left to avoid an immediate second election. They are solely responsible for the Greens current bout of poncing about like they own the place ...

hahahaha ...

So even when they are in opposition, everything bad is the Libs fault?
:rolleyes:

Labor sold whatever soul they had left to avoid an immediate second election. They are solely responsible for the Greens current bout of poncing about like they own the place ...
Did you even read his post? or did you skim past all 28 words of it where he blames the Libs for preferencing the Greens (which makes sense) and interpret "The Liberal Party are as responsible for the situation of power the greens find themselves in as anyone" as "all the Libs fault" just so you could make yet another bile laden post? :rolleyes:

Did you even read his post? or did you skim past all 28 words of it where he blames the Libs for preferencing the Greens (which makes sense) and interpret "The Liberal Party are as responsible for the situation of power the greens find themselves in as anyone" as "all the Libs fault" just so you could make yet another bile laden post? :rolleyes:

i read the post, you want to go through every seat in the country where parties did stuff to damage the other major?

The Libs are not responsible for anything at all re the Greens.

The ALP decided to get into a coalition because the alternative, a fresh election, was out of the question for them (it was Windsor who noted that the ALP were more likely to stick with the coalition of independents and greens because they would lose any election in the short term).

The notion that Brown and Co poncing about the place making pronouncements about petrol being "in" and so on has anything AT ALL to do with Libs is classic straw clutching by those a little embarassed about it all.

As for "bile laden" WTF???

Do you even know what bile laden means?

I agree with the premise but not the title of this thread. The Greens ran an election campaign with under-scrutinised policies and we're now seeing the fallout from that in what Labor is implementing.

Hopefully this is a wakeup call to everyone - media, voting public, major parties, even the Greens themselves. The Greens have reached the tipping point where proper accountability for their platform is now needed.

Yeah, get over it. Seriously. You should be more worried about what Abbott and his media mates are doing to politics in this country. There needs to media scrutiny of Abbott whose party has consistently spoken with 2 voices to the public, allowing extreme views to be aired while he pretends to admonish them by responding in vague and general terms.
What does any of this have to do with the Greens dictating government policy to the point where Labor are reneging on their core election promises?

The Coalition are in opposition, they can do whatever they like as far as I'm concerned. Abbott and Bernadi have no more relevance than old men yelling at clouds, and using them as an excuse for what the Executive are doing is nothing short of deflection.

i read the post, you want to go through every seat in the country where parties did stuff to damage the other major?

The Libs are not responsible for anything at all re the Greens.

The notion that Brown and Co poncing about the place making pronouncements about petrol being "in" and so on has anything AT ALL to do with Libs is classic straw clutching by those a little embarassed about it all.

The Greens only won Melbourne because the Libs preferenced them. Do you really think the Greens would have this much influence if they didn't win a HoR seat? How many lower house seats and how much influence do you think the Greens have the Vic Parliament due to the Libs preferencing against them?

The ALP decided to get into a coalition because the alternative, a fresh election, was out of the question for them (it was Windsor who noted that the ALP were more likely to stick with the coalition of independents and greens because they would lose any election in the short term).
Thanks Captain Obvious, no one is suggesting anything different :confused:

As for "bile laden" WTF???

Do you even know what bile laden means?

Lade   /leɪd/ Show Spelled [leyd] Show IPA verb, lad·ed, lad·en or lad·ed, lad·ing.
–verb (used with object) 1. to put (something) on or in, as a burden, load, or cargo; load.

2. to load oppressively; burden (used chiefly in the passive): laden with many responsibilities.

3. to fill or cover abundantly (used chiefly in the passive): trees laden with fruit; a man laden with honors.

4. to lift or throw in or out, as a fluid, with a ladle or other utensil.

–verb (used without object) 5. to take on a load.

6. to lade a liquid.

The Greens only won Melbourne because the Libs preferenced them. Do you really think the Greens would have this much influence if they didn't win a HoR seat? How many lower house seats and how much influence do you think the Greens have the Vic Parliament due to the Libs preferencing against them?

No idea. The coalition involves a single green and a series of other independents but the power to pass legislation rests with the Greens from 1 July 2011 and its that power that will get us a carbon tax ...

The Victorian Parliament and its working our of very little interest TBH.

Thanks Captain Obvious, no one is suggesting anything different :confused:

Well you were trying to support a statement that the Libs were equally to blame as the ALP for the current power position of the Greens. Its a flawed premis based on what I wrote... the fact that you accept that and yet maintain your position suggests a one-eyed approach to the matter. Its self-evident that the ALP has agreed to give up core committments as part of a sop to the Greens, that is 100% the doing of the ALP who could have simply walked away, agreed that a coalition wasn't possible on the terms they presented to the public and we could have had a fresh election.

They wanted power at all costs = 100% their responsibility.

Lade   /leɪd/ Show Spelled [leyd] Show IPA verb, lad·ed, lad·en or lad·ed, lad·ing.
–verb (used with object) 1. to put (something) on or in, as a burden, load, or cargo; load.

2. to load oppressively; burden (used chiefly in the passive): laden with many responsibilities.

3. to fill or cover abundantly (used chiefly in the passive): trees laden with fruit; a man laden with honors.

4. to lift or throw in or out, as a fluid, with a ladle or other utensil.

–verb (used without object) 5. to take on a load.

6. to lade a liquid.

Thanks. You want to point out the "bile" in the post you were responding to and where it was "laden" with same?

Or is it better you toddle off back under the bridge with the other folk of your ilk?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back