Media Bob's Stats - The Free Kick Table For Season 35

Remove this Banner Ad

Free Kicks Are Never Free
1674115627694.png

razor-ray-woah.gif

You said it, Ray.

I'm sure that you're pleased to find out I'll be doing my now adored and highly anticipated* Free Kick count in season 35. Six seasons deep, this piece of media buffoonery comes to you from thanks to the good person at Bob's Statistics (a division of Bob's Shitpostsᵀᴹ)!!! Here's the now copypasta'd customary explanation for those who came in late:

"Free kicks are a very emotive topic in football, however it seems that the 'random' nature of qootball displaces that emotion from umpires to the sim. One way to look at this is a free kick differential, which aggregates free kicks over a period of time and shows which teams receive more than others.

My Free Kick Table takes this one step further, and aggregates the impact of free kicks on a game-by-game basis to see who won the free kick count in each game. So pretty much what would happen if you replaced goals and points scored with free kicks received and conceded."

"What's in it for me Bob?" I hear you type. Plenty, as it turns out! Apart from insightful analysis, cutting wit and ham-fisted graphics, the team that finishes the home and away season on top of the Free Kick Table wins the coveted Silver Whistle Trophy. And those individuals that catch the eye of the qumpires for either good or bad reasons will be in the running for individual gongs such as the Little Spoon Trophy for the player with the most free kicks received in the season or the Big Spoon Trophy for the player that concedes the most frees in the season.

Stick around, it's gonna get nerdy.

* so anticipated I may actually tell you who won last season.

Last edited:
The Free Kick Table Honour Board as of the end of Season 34
Last edited:
Free Kick Tables For Previous Seasons
1674115758980.png

Here are the previous free kick tables, starting with season 34 - The Year Of Bofa:

1674433153382.png

Season 33 was all about the Babylonians:

1674433217474.png

The Furies took out the season 32 edition:

1674433304597.png

The most recent Roy success was in season 31:

1674433387379.png

Season 30 was the Plasticine Season:

1674433482804.png

And season 29 was another Royvolution in the free kick count:

1674433580528.png

Finally, here's a summary of all of the above:

1674433625701.png

Last edited:

Previous Winners
Last edited:
Round One
bob's stat division 2.JPG

Happy Friday nerds, and welcome to the round one update for all things free kicks. Let's jump straight into the table.

1675380483929.png

There were some big victories in round one, which blew the average margin out to six (6) free kicks. Baghdad led the way with a 23-11 thumping of the hapless Furies while Gold City (18-10 over the Phoenix), the OOFs (16-9 over the Gumbies) and Wonders (16-10 over the Dees) also had convincing wins.

Half of the free kick wins coincided with qooty victories, but the most telling factor here is that the three that did the free kick/qooty double had large free kick wins. It was a similar story when you look at the home vs away records.

Now to the Spoons.

1675381115066.png

The Furies may have been thumped in round one, but rover omgfridge did his best to carry the team by earning seven frees for, a whopping 64% of his team's total. He celebrated by having a three day bender at a Kalgoorlie knock shop. Two of his opponents in rookie Dazjack and almost rookie Osc1 picked up a six pack each, as did the lasagna-having OOF kananooks and the colonically-challenged Sin Citizen philreich.

The yang to omgfridge's yin was Fury recruit (or possibly double agent) Bovo who conceded five frees to his former team to lead the Big Spoon at the first checkpoint. He is two kicks in front of sixteen (16) players, and here they all are: 3KZ is Football Aucklander ClarkeM Dory_77 Grand Uncle Horace HawkAussie MP_ NaturalDisaster raskolnikov RookiePick Runk Shadow Man spookism StFly T2B_ and Tarkyn_24

There you go, round one done and dusted. Good work me for providing the update. See you next week.

The Furies may have been thumped in round one, but rover omgfridge did his best to carry the team by earning seven frees for, a whopping 64% of his team's total. He celebrated by having a three day bender at a Kalgoorlie knock shop.
If only I got as many freebies at the knock shop... Hard times :eyes:.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Round Two

Know what I love about doing this thread? It's a sanctuary where I don;t have to worry about deadlines and arbitrarily arbitrary formatting conventions. I can post updates whenever I bloody well want, and nobody's gonna come and tell me "nah Bob you're gonna have to sit out this week for not telling imaginary online people about imaginary online stuff".

Here's round two in the Free Kick table for you nerds...

1676613538459.png

Some huge results in round 2. The Wonders retain the lead thanks to a 10 kick win over the OOFs, while the Swamprats are the other team with a perfect record thanks to their second 2 kick win in a row. The Bears came back from a heartbreaking loss to Roy with a 9 kick win over the Bombers to jump to third, while the biggest win of the round was the Dragons having a 26-14 kicking of the Gumbies, who sit stone motherless with a massive -19 free kick differential. Elsewhere the Furies & Warriors drew and the Dees held on against Roy for their first win of the season.

1676613913605.png

In the Little Spoon, Dragon dude DragoDelph is on 14 frees for and has shot to a two kick lead from fellow Freo fan Electronic_Renaissance while not-long-for-this-world Bomber rookie Dazjack is on the bottom rung of the podium with 11 frees for. Furies messiah omgfridge (10) and the pair of Cubs2Lions & Cadsky (8 each) round out the top 5.

Bovo retains his Big Spoon lead at round 2, his 8 conceded frees one clear of Gumby icon beez. 3KZ is Football cartwright Shadow Man spookism & StFly are all joint third, all having five free kicks conceded.

No idea when round 3 will go up, time is a fluid concept after all.

Round Three

Surprise nerds, here's round 3!!!

1676615809267.png

Swamprats & Wonders remain on top with perfect records, although the West Coasters had the bye so have one less win. There were again a couple of massive results in round 3, with the biggest being the Gold Citizens giving the Furies an almighty 16 kick hiding (22-6). The other big one was the OOFs going 25-10 over the Dees. Roy kept the Gumbies winless however the plasticine franchise did rise from the bottom of the ladder as ironically it was the Phoenix who fell to the bottom thanks to a second loss to go with a bye, this time going down 9-16 to the Warriors. The Dragons also beat the Bears.

Now for the individual awards after three rounds.

1676616590645.png

DragoDelph retains the Little Spoon lead, pulling out to a handy 2 kick margin which really is a 4 point margin as this will unfortunately be the final week that Bomber rookie Dazjack will earn... well, anything apart from a permaban really. There are three players tied in third place on 14 frees for, one of whom in kananooks may also be spending a bit of ti- [puts finger to ear] There are two players tied in third place on 14 frees for, Bear bright spark Electronic_Renaissance and Royal co-captain CakeEater

On the other side of the coin, beez has jumped to the top of the Big Spoon rankings on 10 conceded frees. Previous leader Bovo and teammate Shueygod are joint second with 8 kicks, while the top 5 is bloatd with the following players who each have 6 frees against: kickthething ArdentEagle 3KZ is Football cartwright krided Falconista norway blue SaintsSeptember and Rappin' RonnieRaven

I'm up to date, and it feels weird y'all. So see you in like a month or something idk

View attachment 1609551

Surprise nerds, here's round 3!!!

View attachment 1609576

Swamprats & Wonders remain on top with perfect records, although the West Coasters had the bye so have one less win. There were again a couple of massive results in round 3, with the biggest being the Gold Citizens giving the Furies an almighty 16 kick hiding (22-6). The other big one was the OOFs going 25-10 over the Dees. Roy kept the Gumbies winless however the plasticine franchise did rise from the bottom of the ladder as ironically it was the Phoenix who fell to the bottom thanks to a second loss to go with a bye, this time going down 9-16 to the Warriors. The Dragons also beat the Bears.

Now for the individual awards after three rounds.

DragoDelph retains the Little Spoon lead, pulling out to a handy 2 kick margin which really is a 4 point margin as this will unfortunately be the final week that Bomber rookie Dazjack will earn... well, anything apart from a permaban really. There are three players tied in third place on 14 frees for, one of whom in kananooks may also be spending a bit of ti- [puts finger to ear] There are two players tied in third place on 14 frees for, Bear bright spark Electronic_Renaissance and Royal co-captain CakeEater

On the other side of the coin, beez has jumped to the top of the Big Spoon rankings on 10 conceded frees. Previous leader Bovo and teammate Shueygod are joint second with 8 kicks, while the top 5 is bloatd with the following players who each have 6 frees against: kickthething ArdentEagle 3KZ is Football cartwright krided Falconista norway blue SaintsSeptember and Rappin' RonnieRaven

I'm up to date, and it feels weird y'all. So see you in like a month or something idk
I'm good at something!

View attachment 1609510

Know what I love about doing this thread? It's a sanctuary where I don;t have to worry about deadlines and arbitrarily arbitrary formatting conventions. I can post updates whenever I bloody well want, and nobody's gonna come and tell me "nah Bob you're gonna have to sit out this week for not telling imaginary online people about imaginary online stuff".

Here's round two in the Free Kick table for you nerds...

View attachment 1609517

Some huge results in round 2. The Wonders retain the lead thanks to a 10 kick win over the OOFs, while the Swamprats are the other team with a perfect record thanks to their second 2 kick win in a row. The Bears came back from a heartbreaking loss to Roy with a 9 kick win over the Bombers to jump to third, while the biggest win of the round was the Dragons having a 26-14 kicking of the Gumbies, who sit stone motherless with a massive -19 free kick differential. Elsewhere the Furies & Warriors drew and the Dees held on against Roy for their first win of the season.

In the Little Spoon, Dragon dude DragoDelph is on 14 frees for and has shot to a two kick lead from fellow Freo fan Electronic_Renaissance while not-long-for-this-world Bomber rookie Dazjack is on the bottom rung of the podium with 11 frees for. Furies messiah omgfridge (10) and the pair of Cubs2Lions & Cadsky (8 each) round out the top 5.

Bovo retains his Big Spoon lead at round 2, his 8 conceded frees one clear of Gumby icon beez. 3KZ is Football cartwright Shadow Man spookism & StFly are all joint third, all having five free kicks conceded.

No idea when round 3 will go up, time is a fluid concept after all.
What can I say, it's a travesty🤭

Remove this Banner Ad

Back