Media Bob's Stats - The Free Kick Table For Season 37

Remove this Banner Ad

You There Boy, What Day Is This? New
bob's stat division 2.JPG

giphy.gif

We love qumpires. Like simmers, match posters, Committee members, club captains, stats collectors and Mrs Turbo the qumpires do a thankless task that is either criticised or ridiculed. But not here at Bob's Stats. Here we celebrate qumpires, and for the eighth season running Bob's Stats proudly* presents The Free Kick Table (as opposed to The Freaky Table which is where the goth kids sat and ate lunch in those high school films)! As tradition dictates, here's what this is all about:

"Free kicks are a very emotive topic in football, however it seems that the 'random' nature of qootball displaces that emotion from umpires to the sim. One way to look at this is a free kick differential, which aggregates free kicks over a period of time and shows which teams receive more than others.

My Free Kick Table takes this one step further, and aggregates the impact of free kicks on a game-by-game basis to see who won the free kick count in each game. So pretty much what would happen if you replaced goals and points scored with free kicks received and conceded."

I know this is the WIIFM Generation, so this is the WII (Bear Grylls approved). The team that finishes the home and away season on top of the Free Kick Table wins the coveted Silver Whistle Trophy. And those individuals that catch the eye of the qumpires for either good or bad reasons will be in the running for individual gongs such as the Little Spoon Trophy for the player with the most free kicks received in the season or the Big Spoon Trophy for the player that concedes the most frees in the season. The participation prize is admiring the snazzy way I present all of this to you, the appreciative reader.

So without any further ado, or any ado whatsoever, welcome to the Free Kick Table for Season 37!

Last edited:
The Free Kick Table Honour Board as of the end of Season 36 New

Here's the updated season board up from when I joined the league (ie: when the league really started) until the end of last season.

1706579214075.png

Last edited:
Free Kick Tables For Previous Seasons New

Now please enjoy a smorgasbord of free kick tables over the years, starting with the first one in season 29 which the Roys took out:

1706580819116.png

Season 30 belonged to the Gumbies:

1706580860010.png

Roy reclaimed the throne with an absolute drubbing in season 31:

1706581054621.png

Then it was the Furies' turn in season 32:

1706580997202.png

The Bombers reigned supreme in season 33:

1706581144887.png

Before Mount Buller took over in season 34:

1706581215867.png

Then the Swamprats had a turn in season 35:

1706581272202.png

And finally in season 36 the Silver Whistle made its way to Coney Island:

1706581383625.png

But wait, there's more! Here's a consolidated table for all free kick results in the past eight seasons:

1706581435419.png

Last edited:

Previous Winners New

A montage of Silver Whistle celebrations:

1706591441199.png

A litany of Little Spoon recipients:

1706591921225.png

And a bevy of Big Spooners:

1706592045325.png

Last edited:
Like simmers, match posters, Committee members, club captains, stats collectors and @Mrs Turbo the qumpires do a thankless task that is either criticised or ridiculed.
Finally, I feel seen and understood. Thank you Tonga Bob :purpleheart::yellowheart::greenheart:

Now if someone could just work on Turbo's hearing.... :think:

Round One New

Morning nerds, time to take a look at what the qumpires were up to in round 1. Apart from doing the worm of course.

1707437342207.png

The Furies (+66 points & +10 frees) & Swamprats (+64 points & +9 frees) either brought their own qumpires to their home games or the qumpires were influenced by the affirmation noises of the home crowds, as both teams had the biggest qooty wins and the biggest free kick differentials of round 1. The Dragons (+43 points & +7 frees) managed to smuggle qumpires into the Golden Throne, while the Roys (+22 points & +3 frees) were the other team that received qumpire assistance albeit lessened by the bad weather. This is all laid out in the Ladder Variance of 0.92, showing that the qooty & free kick ladders are vary close together.

The Bombers (-14 points & +2 frees) and the Bears (-11 points & +1 free) were however unable to take advantage of the rub of their particular greens. Sucks to be them.

Now over to the individual stuff.

1707438826165.png

Bomber ex-parrot norway blue has shot out of the gates of the Little Spoon race with 8 frees for in the opening round, closely followed by Sinner BloodySwan (7) and the trio of Greenery King Tenz & Shueygod (6 each).

1707439000079.png

Some decent numbers in the Big Spoon early doors also, with Wonder Marklar_33 and Swamprat ruckcapybara GremioPower in the lead after conceding five frees each. A group of five players are one kick behind, including SaintsSeptember Smartys Power Ticky009 Zevon and perennial Friend of the Free Kick Table Millky95.

Well that's it for round one. Will the Furies & Swamprats continue their early form, or will the likes of the Roys & Dragons go to the next gear? My money's on the latter, given the comments from their milestone having Grand Poobah:

I intend to intimidate the umps with my stature and standing within the online football supporting community. Guard your knackers well.

I will guard my knackers well Chief. I really really will.

Until next week nerds.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yo Bob, yer table don't line up with the official S37R01 stats:

View attachment 1902051

Perhaps you're funning us, if so HA HA.
I’m a benevolent host my long distance friend, so I will give you some time and a bit of music to read through the whole of the fred in order to see the difference between my table and the official one.

I’m a benevolent host my long distance friend, so I will give you some time and a bit of music to read through the whole of the fred in order to see the difference between my table and the official one.

Nah, too much work. Please draw me a nice picture in crayon.

Round Two New

0*geNz7Qca5EY4q8rC.gif

Howdy nerds, I'm one of many around here that has sketchy interwebs after the storm activity of the week, so let's just get straight to the monkey...

1708051469667.png

The ladder has a certain symmetry to it. There's four unbeaten teams still, three of which (Swamprats, Bombers & Bears) are two from two while the Furies had a bye to go with their one win. There's also four teams without a win, three of which (Warriors, Demons & Royals) are Owen Two while the Gumbies had a bye to go with their one loss. Finally there's a chunk of five teams in the middle with an even record at this early juncture.

Spoons?

1708052305220.png

norway blue & BloodySwan have extended their top two places in the Little Spoon. The Bomber got 5 more frees for while the 'Rat picked up four more. Hawk MP_ has slid up to third place on 9 frees for, two behind the Sin Citizen, while his teammate Rankine2Rachele joins another Bomber in Bovo in equal fourth on 8 frees.

1708052375703.png

Not a lot of bags in the Big Spoon, so the field has very much bunched up together. A pair of Sinners in GremioPower & Ticky009 are joined in the lead on six conceded frees by Coney Island great TheInjuryFactory . Right on their proverbial heels are a group of ten other campaigners on five frees against - Millky95 Scythe94 Irish BlueBagger Nothing SaintsSeptember FootyGuy13 Footypie32 freo84 Marklar_33 & Zoops

That'll do for this week, hopefully the UberStarlinkdish wallah arrives before next week to give me back my good internet. Later nerds.

View attachment 1906459

0*geNz7Qca5EY4q8rC.gif

Howdy nerds, I'm one of many around here that has sketchy interwebs after the storm activity of the week, so let's just get straight to the monkey...

View attachment 1906464

The ladder has a certain symmetry to it. There's four unbeaten teams still, three of which (Swamprats, Bombers & Bears) are two from two while the Furies had a bye to go with their one win. There's also four teams without a win, three of which (Warriors, Demons & Royals) are Owen Two while the Gumbies had a bye to go with their one loss. Finally there's a chunk of five teams in the middle with an even record at this early juncture.

Spoons?

norway blue & BloodySwan have extended their top two places in the Little Spoon. The Bomber got 5 more frees for while the 'Rat picked up four more. Hawk MP_ has slid up to third place on 9 frees for, two behind the Sin Citizen, while his teammate Rankine2Rachele joins another Bomber in Bovo in equal fourth on 8 frees.

Not a lot of bags in the Big Spoon, so the field has very much bunched up together. A pair of Sinners in GremioPower & Ticky009 are joined in the lead on six conceded frees by Coney Island great TheInjuryFactory . Right on their proverbial heels are a group of ten other campaigners on five frees against - Millky95 Scythe94 Irish BlueBagger Nothing SaintsSeptember FootyGuy13 Footypie32 freo84 Marklar_33 & Zoops

That'll do for this week, hopefully the UberStarlinkdish wallah arrives before next week to give me back my good internet. Later nerds.
If the umpires blew the staging frees I'd be ok. Instead I breathe on some pleb and they fall down like a sack of spuds.

Hopefully tony doesn't duck and dive.

Last edited:
Have you googled Slovakian traffic cone by any chance?
Will look it up next week. More of a Horn of Plenty man myself.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back