Opinion Bring Back the Death Penalty

Remove this Banner Ad

Your taxes, or at least the taxes of those of us who pay tax, are required to keep criminals in jail. If you want to keep people in jail forever, be prepared to pay the high cost required. If you don't pay tax because you are on a benefit, the ability of the government to pay you a decent benefit will be limited by the money that has to be spent elsewhere in the economy. See below:

'Australia’s prisoners each cost an average of $292 per day, in a system that costs the nation $2.6 billion (after expenses) in 2013-14, new justice data from the Productivity Commission reveals.

The average prisoner costs Australia more than the average Australian’s daily earnings - $160, including weekends, according to Australian Bureau of Statistics earnings data.'

Well I think some of the Worse Offenders should get the Death Penalty.

So not enough money so we let Killers and Rapists and Pedophies back in to the Community where they could Re-Offend again?

Well, another innocent woman killed. God only knows what else that scum bag did to her. Yet another family shattered because the justice system fails to appropriately deal with societies filth.

The Justice System is a Joke and no wonder Some People have no Respect for it

Well, another innocent woman killed. God only knows what else that scum bag did to her. Yet another family shattered because the justice system fails to appropriately deal with societies filth.
The Justice System is a Joke and no wonder Some People have no Respect for it
A Scum Bag's Justice

Let's cut off his hand
Then slice off his foot
Bury his torso in sand
Then sink in the boot.
His death should be slow
His pain should run deep
With a kick, cut and blow
To the head of this creep.
Let justice be paused
Let vengeance be quick
Let us feel we've all caused
The death of this prick.

By SM and TD as told to TGG

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

Last edited:
The Guy today who drove into Burke Street Mall.

He Deserves the Death Penalty.

TaxPayers should not have to pay to keep him in Jail for rest of his life

Was out on bail apparantly.
Bail? That's working well..... hmmmmmm

He deserves to be tortured. Death penalty doesn't hurt long enough

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If there was a mandatory death penalty for rape, do you think rapists would be more, or, less likely to murder, and thus silence, their victims?
Rape is just another phase before they go up to a new level of thrills. The memorial for Masa Vukotic is about 200 mtr from my house, Price got away with rape a few times.
So here is my question to you: "If a rapist got the death penalty do you think he would be more, or, less likely to reoffend".

Are you saying it is wrong to kill people?
Oh that paradox again.
Into a dark pit, water and bread 3 times a day. He doesn't die and society is safe. Works for me.

Agree entirely
With an AI symbol as avatar I highly doubt that. But is an dilemma where simplifying it with one liners or semantics doesn’t work either.
Some people are threat to society and how far does society want to go to remove that threat. And I don’t mind that the discussion is held again and again as times are shifting .

With an AI symbol as avatar I highly doubt that. But is an dilemma where simplifying it with one liners or semantics doesn’t work either.
Some people are threat to society and how far does society want to go to remove that threat. And I don’t mind that the discussion is held again and again as times are shifting .
AI doesn't say the guilty should not be imprisoned, it says the innocents shouldn't be.
It also says the death penalty should be abolished, I agree with both of those positions

Imprisoning people for the term of their natural life for offences such as multiple murders and the like is not an AI contradiction

Remove this Banner Ad

Back