Remove this Banner Ad

Has merit.....:eek:
So , lets rebuild the Fwd line...
Ossie....Hale.....Bruest
Bergs....Shoey...Savage
And plenty of rotations....
Rioli , Changa , Whitecross , R/RUCK,

Also consider the impact of the centre bounce -

"Bailey down to Sewell, hits up Mitchell with a handpass - off to the Franklin who has come in like a train off the square - let's rip with a booming 70 metre kick from just forward of centre........"

Taita, any coach that spots Buddy in the backline will drag him to full back straight away.

Atleast the frees he gives away are in our forward line.

Imagine "hands in the back" in the backline :eek:

So, you are saying he is not coachable to iron out the deficiencies in his game?

Quite a few responses have pointed to this - just happy to keep on travelling the road we are on and accept, not mediocrity, but certainly not what a disciplined Buddy is capable of.

It's time to raise the bar.

r176607_672876.jpg

So, you are saying he is not coachable to iron out the deficiencies in his game?

Quite a few responses have pointed to this - just happy to keep on travelling the road we are on and accept, not mediocrity, but certainly not what a disciplined Buddy is capable of.

Well considering we haven't been able to"coach" the frees out of his game, what makes you think we can do it once he goes back?

Well considering we haven't been able to"coach" the frees out of his game, what makes you think we can do it once he goes back?

Evolution of your game - as a forward you don't have the accountability that a backman gets.

You guys might be happy with Buddy's game - I am not.

I see him as a flawed genius and there is no reason why those flaws cannot be ironed out and at the same time it could seriously help us ramp up a challenge for the finals this season.

If you are happy to accept Buddy running around at 70-80% of his potential - fine.

Just don't tell me he is a champion or a great of our club because there is so much untapped it's not funny.

i dont think doing this now is smart. If it happens in the off season/pre season, then it could make Buddy a more versatile player and sure would help on his defensive side, but to start working on this at this point of the season is just plain silly. Because lets be honest, its going to take quite a bit of work.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't believe this thread is still going.

You could just add something of value.

Funny thing about the internets AH - this thread will still be going and able to be researched by young 'uns well after you and I are gone.

Funny thing about the internets AH - this thread will still be going and able to be researched by young 'uns well after you and I are gone.
You looked ok to me on fri .....??? You checking out soon.....??

Ah bullshit. You go back and search for old threads. They are gawn.

Grizz must of purged then during the take-over....

Nice one Taita.

Unfortunate to see some of our recent on field revelations have been totally wasted on some people.

Remember how we had this guy Roughy, and the sky was apparently gonna fall on our heads if we moved him from the forward line?

And the calls 'dont be messin with our twin towers' and all that jazz.

What the hell happened when we fiddled with the arrangement? A little bit of thinking outside the old square and suddenly the coach has saved his job, Roughy is worth his contract (and maybe more ;)), and our mosquito fleet has stepped up and well and truly anounced its arrival. We've managed some pretty convincing footy, some of the best we've seen in 2 1/2 years.

Myself, I'd still have Buddy at CHF, but just play him behind the centre square. Call that CHB if you will. Little bit less direct to goals admittedly, but it would give him plenty of runnup when kicking for goals, and we know he would prefer that over a set shot anyhow, right?

Buddy and Rough are gonna have to present hard cases for why they should be slotted straight back into the forward line when the time comes.

The coach has the runs on the board, hence the credit, to go experimenting if he should be brave enough to do so.

Don't worry people, I've had a lamb roast for dinner and got a case of the Sam Kekovich's.

I love him but Buddy comes across dumb as dog $#%& to be honest. It has taken nearly 3 years to iron out the majority of dumb free kicks. Buddy is an instinctive player who would suffer playing in such a disciplined position.

^^^ Nope....you cannot say that about Lance Franklin.......... Not sorry...just think about what you just said :(

In terms of learning what he can a cant get away with on a football field YES, Lance Franklin is a very, very, v..e...r...y slow learner which is why he would not be a good fit down back.

Just because he is amazingly freakish and an exceptional player to boot by no way means he is a smart man. Just because your great at something doesn't make you smart, surely?

No Malcom Blight, just no.

Malcolm is a multiple premiership player and coach, not to mention great thinker and innovator of the game who could play in more than one position.

Actually one of the best players I have seen.

Not sure if he was the best choice if you want to denigrate me or the discussion.

In terms of learning what he can a cant get away with on a football field YES, Lance Franklin is a very, very, v..e...r...y slow learner which is why he would not be a good fit down back.

Just because he is amazingly freakish and an exceptional player to boot by no way means he is a smart man. Just because your great at something doesn't make you smart, surely?

I think Doug Hawkins put this one to rest long ago!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back