Injury Buddy's Health - Out for the season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yep even if he played like last week

But is he done for the year or just next week

Is he done forever? Is it unreasonable to expect a time frame

I can give you a personal history if you like, and I am not trying to be aggressive. Been there and doing it. It is not unreasonable to expect or want a time frame. It is just impossible to give.

I can give you a personal history if you like, and I am not trying to be aggressive. Been there and doing it. It is not unreasonable to expect or want a time frame. It is just impossible to give.

I understand and agree

Just purely from a footy fan perspective its like where our gun forward

But his health and privacy are a clear priority

So why the worry? we just dont know mental health is a broad term it falls under a lot of categories.

Frankly its a private issue and we just wish the best for him.

Long term investment in this man thats why the worry

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In all honesty id just like an end to the strikes rumour thats all

The only way that will happen is if Buddy comes and and says I am suffering from....... That is not going to happen any time soon I wouldn't have thought, so sadly people are going to think what they want or whatever makes a good story. We just need to accept the innuendo that comes with Buddy.

The way Longmire answered the question in his presser about whether Buddy will play this week was a big NO. Moved on quick to say "but Nick Smith may be available".

Just my observations. Hoping The Bud gets better soon. Fresh in 2016.

Noticed that too. Seemed pretty determined to move onto the next question.

I know just pointing it out i guess.

Expect no relief if it goes pear-shaped tho.

If it becomes terminal for his career I would actually expect fI'll relief.

The optics for the AFL in making us "pay" his full amount under the cap each year for a guy that had to leave because of mental health issues would be awful. The politics of mental health, the zeitgeist around the issue and the basic humanity, or lack of it, would be on our side.

Still a long way to go before we get there yet.

The optics for the AFL in making us "pay" his full amount under the cap each year for a guy that had to leave because of mental health issues would be awful. The politics of mental health, the zeitgeist around the issue and the basic humanity, or lack of it, would be on our side.

I agree, big difference between year 6 and him quitting because he is old versus him not being able to okay after just short of 2 years

But thats hopefully not a concern

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...ith-sydney-swans/story-fnca0u4y-1226735040717

The league ruled that the specific financial commitment for each year of the nine-season contract will count towards the Swans' salary cap, even if Franklin retires earlier and that the club has to present its books to the AFL every year.

The AFL also demanded assurances the club had done long-term financial planning and medical reviews of Franklin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back