Play Nice Bye bye Brad

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
the point of what they said is out of the bottom 8 teams they can see, Dogs, Crows and Richmond getting closer this season compared to north due to what they have produced this season.

But what they have said is flawed to start off with. Bottom half of the 8 is making up numbers. I don't believe that any team is now good enough to win 4 finals on the trot. THat is a huge task, given that the team would face a team with a week off in a prelim and high % chance of facing a team off a victory after a week off in the Grand Final.

The three teams listed have all tangibly gotten better relative to last year, we are no better off through the Home and Away season and are yet to show whether we can again overachieve in finals.

But what they have said is flawed to start off with. Bottom half of the 8 is making up numbers. I don't believe that any team is now good enough to win 4 finals on the trot. THat is a huge task, given that the team would face a team with a week off in a prelim and high % chance of facing a team off a victory after a week off in the Grand Final.

The three teams listed have all tangibly gotten better relative to last year, we are no better off through the Home and Away season and are yet to show whether we can again overachieve in finals.

think you are missing the actualy point, they didn't say the bottom 8 teams will actually win the flag all they said is if a team/s on the bottom 8 was to go deep in finals who has the better chance to do so? Answer was we cant see north doing so but thats not saying they wont win a final.

think you are missing the actualy point, they didn't say the bottom 8 teams will actually win the flag all they said is if a team/s on the bottom 8 was to go deep in finals who has the better chance to do so? Answer was we cant see north doing so but thats not saying they wont win a final.

I get what they are saying but refute it as being rubbish.

The concept that we can't go deep into finals is flawed. I suggest we can go as deep as others.

The most likely match up for mine are:

Freo vs Syd - this will be as boring as bat s**t. Winner Freo via home ground advantage
WC vs Hawks - this will be a cracker of a game, possibly one of the best of the series. Winner WC via home ground advantage
Dog vs us - Lets go undecided
Ade vs Rich (@AO) This should be a decent game - winner Ade via home ground advantage.

Week 2
Syd vs Dogs or us (in SYD) - we do not play well up there - Winner SYD via home ground advantage
Haw vs Ade (MCG) - Winner HAW - this is a game the Hawks need to win.

Because this season is so flat I reckon we are going to get a pretty formulaic finals series.

Most experts say that 7 of the top 8 teams can win the flag. Sitting in no man's land in 8th is pretty much indicative of where we are at. The club needs to realise this and either plan for rebuilding or make some huge changes from a coaching and leadership perspective.
I sat on the plane with Jonno Brown Saturday night. His opinion is we have a few blokes like Gibson running around with poor disposal and that Swallow is not captain material. In quick summary.
I will be annoyed if we recruit someone Like Carlile and consider that to be the change.
If nothing changes, nothing changes.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

I understand and partially agree with the sentiment of your post, however it does need to be remembered that we finished higher then mid table slugs like Collingwood who some think are a prime example of a club looking down the barrel of mediocrity, and pulling itself out of it with a high performance culture of accountability.;)

This is rubbish.

5-8th have about as much chance of winning the flag as each other.

Beyond the first week of the finals there are 4 teams with a significantly reduced shot at winning the flag, with 2 inn the absolute box seat.

right now based on ladder position we are looking at the very real prospect of the cup heading west.

Hawks or Sydney have to win a final in Perth, if they don't then who ever wins in the second week, needs to win a final in Perth.

We struggle to win there in the regular season our record there over the last few years is poor.

IMHO Bulldogs have no greater chance of winning the flag this year than we do, unless by some miracle the Suns win and they end up in fourth, even then I would only rank them slightly above our chances, because they would face a Perth team in Perth week 1.

The Benefit of finishing top 2 is huge, Top 4 significant. The reality of finishing 5-8th puts the teams squarely in the frame of making up numbers.

I think the Dogs have less chance of any side to progress to a Premiership, their style of play will be ripped apart with Finals pressure.

I understand and partially agree with the sentiment of your post, however it does need to be remembered that we finished higher then mid table slugs like Collingwood who some think are a prime example of a club looking down the barrel of mediocrity, and pulling itself out of it with a high performance culture of accountability.;)

Collingwood's list is in better shape than ours right now, and will be even moreso when they add Treloar and likely Aish too.

I think the Dogs have less chance of any side to progress to a Premiership, their style of play will be ripped apart with Finals pressure.

I agree completely and would prefer to face them week 1 than either Adelaide or Richmond.

Does replacing Brad mean all players over 30 are retired, as a new coach get leniency in the first few years, does our rebuild get put back 4 years? how much pain until we get another shot? Brad annoys me with his non development of Daw and McKenzie but will a replacement cost us years of nothingness? or do we see the plan out and fingers crossed Brad knows better then us?

Does replacing Brad mean all players over 30 are retired, as a new coach get leniency in the first few years, does our rebuild get put back 4 years? how much pain until we get another shot? Brad annoys me with his non development of Daw and McKenzie but will a replacement cost us years of nothingness? or do we see the plan out and fingers crossed Brad knows better then us?

Will Brad win the 2015 or 2016 flag?

THere are not ready made replacements for the group of 30+s on the list. We are likely to dip in 2017 regardless.

If the answer to the flag question is no, then the subsequnet question becomes, is Brad the right person to oversee a secondary (smaller) rebuild?

Will Brad win the 2015 or 2016 flag?

THere are not ready made replacements for the group of 30+s on the list. We are likely to dip in 2017 regardless.

If the answer to the flag question is no, then the subsequnet question becomes, is Brad the right person to oversee a secondary (smaller) rebuild?

so before round one this year, were we finishing top 4? and were the dogs getting an early draft picks again? I don't know if Brad can deliver a flag in the next couple of years, I want to know if a relacement coach is given 5 years to rebuild his team with the view of coming good around 2019 if so I would prefer to run the course and see where it takes us. List management this year may change my opinion on this completely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But what they have said is flawed to start off with. Bottom half of the 8 is making up numbers. I don't believe that any team is now good enough to win 4 finals on the trot.

The media also seem to forget that Adelaide did not win 4 on the trot in 98 either.

They got belted by 8 goals in the first final and would now be eliminated week 1.

So in the current season any of the bottom 4 would have to win 4 on trot and a fair chance of having to win an interstate prelim against a team with a week off.

The media also seem to forget that Adelaide did not win 4 on the trot in 98 either.

They got belted by 8 goals in the first final and would now be eliminated week 1.

So in the current season any of the bottom 4 would have to win 4 on trot and a fair chance of having to win an interstate prelim against a team with a week off.

Under the current finals structure the possiblity of a team winning it from outside the top 4 is extremely remote.

So remote that up unitl last year only 1 side from 5-8 had progressed beyond the second round.

Last year 2 teams did (us and Port) this should be viewed as over achieving in finals because the finals are just not geared towards having the teams 5-8 win a flag.

Brad Scott could be an assistant coach to Clarkson then come back to North. I think that is the best idea I have ever had.

I get what they are saying but refute it as being rubbish.

The concept that we can't go deep into finals is flawed. I suggest we can go as deep as others.

The most likely match up for mine are:

Freo vs Syd - this will be as boring as bat s**t. Winner Freo via home ground advantage
WC vs Hawks - this will be a cracker of a game, possibly one of the best of the series. Winner WC via home ground advantage
Dog vs us - Lets go undecided
Ade vs Rich (@AO) This should be a decent game - winner Ade via home ground advantage.

Week 2
Syd vs Dogs or us (in SYD) - we do not play well up there - Winner SYD via home ground advantage
Haw vs Ade (MCG) - Winner HAW - this is a game the Hawks need to win.

Because this season is so flat I reckon we are going to get a pretty formulaic finals series.

I think you're missing what's he's saying , he's saying, that their saying which is we're no *en good :p

In all honesty if we get beaten in the first final, lets say by 30 points plus, who actually believes that Scott's golfing buddies will start asking questions?

In all honesty if we get beaten in the first final, lets say by 30 points plus, who actually believes that Scott's golfing buddies will start asking questions?

I reckon his extension will have already been typed up and printed long before then.

Given the prelim berth in 2014 and the pick ups in Waite and Higgins in the off season (both having good years) not to mention a fairly decent run with injuries there is really no excuse for bowing out in the first week of the finals. Personally I don't think we will get knocked out in the first week, but if we do this season has been a massive failure.

Surely the last few years has proven bringing in a new coach doesn't automatically mean you need 4-5 years of development? Get the right people and the impact can be immediate.

Agree.

Despite some imbalances in the list there is also plenty to work with.

Scott has had 6 years to build a premiership team.

6 years !

He has failed and should be moved on.

Remember this, not including our TOTC coach D. Pagan, we have had 2 coaches in the last 16 years.

How many grand finals have we played in, in that time - 0
How many times have we been premiership favourites - 0
When was the last time we topped the ladder for an extended period during the year ? (I cant remember).

But yet, we have only had 2 coaching changes. And if I recall correctly, D Laidley resigned. He wasnt sacked, he probably could have remained coach if he wanted.

So next year will be 17 years with no ultimate success. With not even looking like being premiers, and with one coaching change.

It is this record that shows me the NMFC is not ruthless about Premiership success. It it was, it would embrace and encourage change, look for new ideas, take risks. Instead we get another year of B Scott and D Crocker, same old, same old....

Scott has had 6 years to build a premiership team.

6 years !

He has failed and should be moved on.

Remember this, not including our TOTC coach D. Pagan, we have had 2 coaches in the last 16 years.

How many grand finals have we played in, in that time - 0
How many times have we been premiership favourites - 0
When was the last time we topped the ladder for an extended period during the year ? (I cant remember).

But yet, we have only had 2 coaching changes. And if I recall correctly, D Laidley resigned. He wasnt sacked, he probably could have remained coach if he wanted.

So next year will be 17 years with no ultimate success. With not even looking like being premiers, and with one coaching change.

It is this record that shows me the NMFC is not ruthless about Premiership success. It it was, it would embrace and encourage change, look for new ideas, take risks. Instead we get another year of B Scott and D Crocker, same old, same old....

Would you say back in their day *FC and Carlton were pretty ruthless?? Explain to me and others here how their strategies went?

How did Footscray during the the 1st decade of the millenium and St Kilda for that matter. Both of them ended in tears and nothing to show for.

Hand baggers waited 40+ years since 1963 to win their next one and then were lucky enough to win a few during their bubble.

Richmond ----> basket case
Collingwood the way Eddie carries on at times you'd think they've won more than they've actually achieved.

AFL backroom agenda's with 2 new baby teams now on the scene, strong competition within the football supremacy dollars within the Australian market. 6 years of growing in the correct direction of an upward trend gives me hope and that what you want from those controlling the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back