Cameron Ling : The Decision

Remove this Banner Ad

Also reckon the idea has seriously turned since the trio of Voss, Hird and to an extent Buckley went straight into senior coach's roles. (say Buckley to an extent because he did do a short apprenticeship).

People no longer buy the idea that a great captain/player will automatically be a great coach.

Good decision. He's only 33 for gods sake and he's got young kids. He could commentate for the next 15 years and he'd still be younger than a lot of senior coaches.

This is massive, biggest news since Richo ate a piece of chicken.
Ha :p !!! Farkin spot on. :D :straining:
It was the most boring non-story in footy I can remember. It was just speculation about somebody possibly becoming an assistant coach!! Who GIVES a *?!?! :D And as it turned out, it was speculation about nothing, coz nothin' happened.
I can't believe the attention it got.

That said, I suppose I can understand Melbourne supporters wanting to know if he was gunna be their coach in a couple of years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

stop-the-presses.png
Ha! :D Damn straight :p

Anyone would look good working alongside the likes of Darcy, Taylor, Bruce and Richo. Though Ling would duck out the back every time Carey goes on air.

I was giving the coaching talk credence thinking that he'd be doing anything NOT to work with BT. The rumour is that BT's time is up so maybe Lingy has got a big media job coming up and he's just sold us a bit of news candy.

Any other recently retired players wanna come out an say they arent coaching??

I wont be able to sleep until I hear that Jake King wont be coaching aswell
Has been snapped up by GWS as their fitness coach. Word is, Cameron, Ward and Bugg can already do one armed push ups whilst skolling a pot.

The main reason he comes across as intelligent while he's commentating is due to the fact he's alongside three of the most idiotic and incoherent human beings on the planet.

Brian Failor can barely utter a word of English without sounding like a two year old learning how to talk. Puke Farcey pretty much repeats the same thing for three hours, how often do you hear "love the way he go's about it" while he's on? Then there's Richo. Instead of adding insight into a close game where his beloved spuds beat the perennial chokers in Adelaide, all he can come up with is "yes!!". Pathetic.

I'd just like to announce I won't be taking up a coaching job next year.........incase anyone cared
I thought you were a monty to be given the Bunyip U/13 girls top job.

Who gives a stuff?

Oh, come on. I've been hanging out all season just to see who Krusty the Clown would be coaching. The rest of the season is just an anti-climax now. He should have waited until after the GF, just to keep some excitement in the game. Geez, these self-indulgent media people, they honestly think they're bigger than the game. :rolleyes:

Easier gig to be a know all like Dermott and talk about football without putting your neck on the line as a coach.

Anyone would look good working alongside the likes of Darcy, Taylor, Bruce and Richo. Though Ling would duck out the back every time Carey goes on air.
Who gives a stuff? Reckon he'll realise it will be a lot easier for him to stay in the media and earn a living as a talking head, a la Garry Lyon or Derm.
Christ attitudes like this are stupid. Who are you to judge what a guy decides to do with his life? Cameron Ling doesn't owe football anything. 200+ games, 3 flags, premiership captain. Add to that a young family, and maybe you can work out why he chose the 25~ hour a week media job compared to the 60+ hour a week, highly stressful, all consuming coaching job.

Sure, you can think he'd be a good coach and what not. But to think less of him for not choosing that job is typical of the kind of stupidity you come across on the internet.

Lebron James doesnt like this.

But seriously, writing "The decision" is the worst embellishment for a thread title in the history of bigfooty. No-one gives a s**t what Ling does next year.

The op's title is a piss take of how the media here is handling this

Apparently he made an announcement on the 7 news (didn't see it, they mentioned it in aw), then they had him interviewed in aw to discuss his decision

No one gives a s**t, but apparently the media think this is the biggest thing since richo ate a pie while wearing Andrew walkers hat and walking with Toby Mitchell

Remove this Banner Ad

Back