Can the title actually go to Merseyside?

Remove this Banner Ad

Jan 13, 2001
Waiting at the door for the pub to reopen
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Man City
With Arsenal showing they are human and a bit fragile at the moment after 3 losses in a week and Man Utd suffering without any depth in strickers the question must be asked -

Can Liverpool actually win the title this season?

Man Utd are already gone in my opinion. With 7 players having gone under the knife this season (Butt today) they look to be struggling to maintain the pace.

Arsenal are strating to show some defencive frailties. The best part for the rest of the Priemership is these problems are not only with Seaman but the back four.

And well no-one else was ever really in the hunt.

Originally posted by Slax
With Arsenal showing they are human and a bit fragile at the moment after 3 losses in a week and Man Utd suffering without any depth in strickers the question must be asked -

Can Liverpool actually win the title this season?

Man Utd are already gone in my opinion. With 7 players having gone under the knife this season (Butt today) they look to be struggling to maintain the pace.

Arsenal are strating to show some defencive frailties. The best part for the rest of the Priemership is these problems are not only with Seaman but the back four.

And well no-one else was ever really in the hunt.

In my humble and only slightly biassed opinion, I believe we (Liverpool) can win the title this season but it's still very early days in the Premiership and anything can still happen.

Having said that, I believe it's out of us and Arsenal for the title.... Manche$ter United are all but shot to bits. Their best players wont get any better then they already are, and with injuries already testing their squad depth, I don't believe they can sustain a serious title challenge AND remain in the Champions League.

Go Reds!!
SeinDude

Originally posted by Catman
Your dreamin Seindude, with 27 games to go it is WAY to early too call.

Catman,

You're right mate, it's way too early to call it with any real confidence but you know me... always the optimist!! :)

Go Reds!!
SeinDude

Yes we can win the title. But there is still a long way togo.

I still think we will be at our prime in two/three years...if we can win it now...it would be a steal with such a young team.

Re: Re: Can the title actually go to Merseyside?

Originally posted by SeinDude

Manche$ter United are all but shot to bits. Their best players wont get any better then they already are, and with injuries already testing their squad depth, I don't believe they can sustain a serious title challenge AND remain in the Champions League.

After our blistering form in Europe, you're prepared to write us off in the Premier League?

:rolleyes:

Originally posted by windyhill
Liverpool are inching closer and closer to a title. They are winning games without dominating, always a good sign. I`d be putting my money on them.

Did you watch the game on Sunday morning?

If it hadn't been for a silly penalty, Liverpool were heading to a 1 - 1 draw.

Winning easy did you say? :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not a chance in hell. Liverpool's slide will begin this weekend when the mighty Hammers shatter the dreams of the Anfield crowd with a breathtaking display of attacking football.

Liverpool 0 - West Ham 6.:D :D

Originally posted by hilly
Whereabouts did Windyhill say the wins were easy? :confused:

There's a long, long, long, long way to go...I'm starting to get nervous just thinking about what might be :eek:

He said winning the games without dominated, which insinuates that they are winning them pretty easily. (not by huge margins, just playing better)

Originally posted by Becks7

Did you watch the game on Sunday morning?

If it hadn't been for a silly penalty, Liverpool were heading to a 1 - 1 draw.

Winning easy did you say? :p

Mate, this is my point exactly. They are turning 1 point into 3 without dominating teams, the dominating comes later.

Re: Re: Re: Can the title actually go to Merseyside?

Originally posted by Becks7
After our blistering form in Europe, you're prepared to write us off in the Premier League?

:rolleyes:

Becks7,

I am prepared to go out on a limb here and say "YES" I don't believe that Manche$ter United can make a serious title challenge in the Premier League and remain in the Champions League.

If I'm proven wrong then so be it, but my feeling is that you guys are playing for 3rd spot in the EPL and will put everything into the Champions League this season.

Go Reds!!
SeinDude

Originally posted by windyhill
They are turning 1 point into 3 without dominating teams, the dominating comes later.

This is exactly what Arsenal did last season. They managed to win games when they weren't quite at their best which is a sign of a high quality side and can be the difference between winning a title and coming 2nd or 3rd.

Liverpool haven't played anywhere near their best so far this season and yet are undefeated and 4 points clear on top. We've managed to get away with wins in games that we were drawing or losing in past seasons.

Still early days but looking good so far. (touch wood)

Go Reds!!
SeinDude

Remove this Banner Ad

Back