Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was listening to Triple M before. Damian Barrett was saying that Good Friday footy is definitely happening next year and will definitely involve the Roos.
Brayshaw said that the Roos have been pushing for this for about 30 years, also said that we have been pushing for it for about 10 years with them.

JB mentioned that they want the game to be played against a big club, and that the attendances for Friday night Carlton v North games have been consistently around 40,000+ so it makes sense. Barrett also said that one thing standing in the way is the Richmond v Carlton game is the fact that the AFL want us vs Richmond as the season opener the day before Good Friday.

Think it would be great if we get the Good Friday game. And probably asking too much, but would be awesome to play the season opener against Richmond and then Good Friday in Round two or three from 2016 onwards.

i thought a couple weeks ago Gil said no Good Friday footy until 2016. That they wanted to bed down the catastrophe fixture of this year for 2015 and then look at it for 2016.

Love it! :thumbsu:

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2014-09-22/an-open-letter-to-mick

:D

Another power forward would give us awesome scoring power, and I think Tom Hawkins would be a great fit. Geelong haven’t won a flag since 2011, so no doubt he’s keen to get off that sinking ship.

Nat Fyfe to replace Juddy. Clearly Melbourne is better than Perth (even you came back) so it makes sense. Look into it.

Most of the Swans. With Buddy and Tippet taking up 99.4% of the salary cap, the other players will only be getting paid about $40 a match (plus a Nandos voucher), so you know they’ll be looking for new homes. We should take advantage of that. Imagine Fyfe handballing to Tom Mitchell (technically Carlton anyway) who kicks it long to Sam Reid, who then handballs over the top to Tomahawk. Goal. Premiership window: OPEN.

Caught the last few minutes of the Aaron Hamill interview with Daniel Harford this afternoon on SEN.

Was asked why he left Carlton - basically said he was overseas and it was basically his managers decision (David Allison) and he just went along with it. It sounded like they were trying to call Carlton's and Big Jacks bluff and got himself into a situation that he couldn't get out of.

He said Big Jack said he was 'leaving for beer money' meaning for not much - a bit like Jarrod Waite (although my pretty good mail at the time was Carlton had offered $305K and St.Kilda offered him $500 plus).

Loved Carlton,was a Carlton supporter as a kid and sounded pretty genuine in saying he didn't want to leave. Was taken back by the lack of professionalism at St.Kilda compared to Carlton.

I have to say I was gutted by Hamill leaving and whilst I could be cynical about his explanation today it actually made me feel better about him - maybe just a young guy misled by his knob of a manager.

Anyone know how to post a link to his interview ??

Caught the last few minutes of the Aaron Hamill interview with Daniel Harford this afternoon on SEN.

Was asked why he left Carlton - basically said he was overseas and it was basically his managers decision (David Allison) and he just went along with it. It sounded like they were trying to call Carlton's and Big Jacks bluff and got himself into a situation that he couldn't get out of.

He said Big Jack said he was 'leaving for beer money' meaning for not much - a bit like Jarrod Waite (although my pretty good mail at the time was Carlton had offered $305K and St.Kilda offered him $500 plus).

Loved Carlton,was a Carlton supporter as a kid and sounded pretty genuine in saying he didn't want to leave. Was taken back by the lack of professionalism at St.Kilda compared to Carlton.

I have to say I was gutted by Hamill leaving and whilst I could be cynical about his explanation today it actually made me feel better about him - maybe just a young guy misled by his knob of a manager.

Go to the sen website they may have it on there!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My favourite thing Aaron Hamill ever did:

IMG_0006.jpg

Its examples like this that make it hard for me to dislike players who leave the club for their own reasons... aka Waitey.
Its been proven time and again that clubs play the loyalty card only when it suits their needs and are quite happy to ignore it when it does not.

We lost a final to Melb because of him.

He was destroying them single handed, then got concussed pretty badly, went off and Melbourne over ran us. He was as hard as nails and played his footy that way, it was a very sad day when he left the club and I don't think certain people in the club worked hard enough to keep him there.

My wife (who was only very young at the time) was a big fan of Hamill's - she cried when he left the club.

So did 1 and he was one of my fav players. :cry:

I was in Greece at the time and my brother called me and told what happened.

Ruined my holiday and it was just the start of my 4 months in Greece. :(

We lost a final to Melb because of him.

He was destroying them single handed, then got concussed pretty badly, went off and Melbourne over ran us. He was as hard as nails and played his footy that way, it was a very sad day when he left the club and I don't think certain people in the club worked hard enough to keep him there.

In those years, Carlton had fallen out of the finals in 1997 and 1998, and had lost our way a little. I remember we became one of the best physical pressuring sides in the comp, and it was largely on the back of Hamill and the example he set. He was the perfect foil for a rampaging Whitnall and I don't think Lance was ever the same after Hamill left. I really loved the footy we were playing when Hamill was in the side. Toughest Carlton footy in nearly 30 years IMO.

In those years, Carlton had fallen out of the finals in 1997 and 1998, and had lost our way a little. I remember we became one of the best physical pressuring sides in the comp, and it was largely on the back of Hamill and the example he set. He was the perfect foil for a rampaging Whitnall and I don't think Lance was ever the same after Hamill left. I really loved the footy we were playing when Hamill was in the side. Toughest Carlton footy in nearly 30 years IMO.

Totally agree, Lance lost his wingman

Qualifying final 2000, Hamill destroyed the young Dees in the 2nd and 3rd qtrs to get us ahead after an even start, unfortunately we didn't have our kicking boots on in the 3rd, Hamill went to the bench at 3/4 time and was unable to get back into the game, the Dees kicked 7 last qtr goals to over run us

Totally agree, Lance lost his wingman

Qualifying final 2000, Hamill destroyed the young Dees in the 2nd and 3rd qtrs to get us ahead after an even start, unfortunately we didn't have our kicking boots on in the 3rd, Hamill went to the bench at 3/4 time and was unable to get back into the game, the Dees kicked 7 last qtr goals to over run us
I had to be hypnotised to rid myself of that mental scar. Thanks for slashing it open again.

I had to be hypnotised to rid myself of that mental scar. Thanks for slashing it open again.

Sorry Big Sim, but let me know about your hypnotist, maybe we can get a 2 for 1 deal cause I'm still not over it, or that Johnson pri** for smashing into Koutas knee in that final, or Lonergans dog act on Carazzo or

I cried when Campo left. Clearly I was too young to understand why he left and that I shouldn't have cried.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back