Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Can't even bring myself to read anything by David King on Carlton. Every time I hear/see him talk, I get this unbelievable urge to punch a hole in the nearest wall.

Feel the same way.................wish I didn't but King has a way of forcing his views upon others, that's quite off-putting.

He may get better at what he does but for now I'd sooner avoid anything King. Couldn't even bring myself to read the Collingwood article. :)

watch if we sneak into the 8 how he will be the first to talk up our list rejuvenation and how good it has been over the last 2 years getting rid of X,Y,Z and how the tough decisions were right on Betts, Waite, Garlett, Robbo et al. Would be great if the panel team on fox would remind the war room 'general' of the crap he yaps.

http://www.news.com.au/national/car...-succeed-in-2015/story-e6frfkp9-1227123442868

David King's take. Better than what he said about Buckley "firing blanks" @ Collingwood :p

"They are miles off the top bracket and have appeared to be in denial about their plight."

"Carlton now realise they’re rebuilding and will take the necessary steps, but things will get worse before they get better and this is a tough pill for Malthouse to swallow, not to mention the Carlton board."

So which one is it? Are Carlton in denial about what they are doing or are they rebuilding :confused:? If you're going to write opinion pieces, don't get your opinions scrambled.

Article has a lot of fair points though but don't agree that Carlton don't have an idea of where they are, the coach isn't going to come out to the public and state that they are s**t and have to rebuild, they CEO would be having kittens if he did. Have a look at Carlton's list turnover over the last few years and tell me that this isn't a club that knows where it's at and isn't rebuilding.

I've been away for a couple of weeks and I'm so uninformed I need to be reminded of who, what and where. Does David King know his stuff? Serious question. I have truly forgotten. Next post will concern Mark Robinson.

Answer to question 1 - NO

Answer to question 2 - see above answer!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The King article is a perfect example of misusing statistics to suit your argument. We only won 1 game in 9 against the top 8 with an average losing margin of 6 goals (however only lost 3 games by more than 6 goals). You take out the aberration against Port when we were cooked, and one bad quarter against the Swans and the average margin is one hell of a lot closer.

We've lost our top 3 goal kickers of the last 5 years, whom combined kicked us a total of 41 goals in 2014.

We're not that far away, especially with (fingers crossed) a more complete pre-season. If we can get some confidence to win those close games that we should (Cats x2, Freo, Scum) and actually rock up against Melbourne and GWS we'll be well entrenched in the 8. That might be a big if, but given the resolve we had over the last 6 weeks if the season, and the general vibe around the Club, we should be able to.

To be fair to the massive ballbag, King's article has a fair bit of truth to it. His identification of the midfield problems retaining the ball are spot on.

Still a flog though.

The point is though - you don't need to be a paid journo to know we have those issues. Something insightful and requires a little bit of work to identify would be appreciated once in a blue moon :p

Something like this....

The King article is a perfect example of misusing statistics to suit your argument. We only won 1 game in 9 against the top 8 with an average losing margin of 6 goals (however only lost 3 games by more than 6 goals). You take out the aberration against Port when we were cooked, and one bad quarter against the Swans and the average margin is one hell of a lot closer.

We've lost our top 3 goal kickers of the last 5 years, whom combined kicked us a total of 41 goals in 2014.

We're not that far away, especially with (fingers crossed) a more complete pre-season. If we can get some confidence to win those close games that we should (Cats x2, Freo, Scum) and actually rock up against Melbourne and GWS we'll be well entrenched in the 8. That might be a big if, but given the resolve we had over the last 6 weeks if the season, and the general vibe around the Club, we should be able to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back