Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just listening to 3AW.

I don't know who the guy is ( i know it's not (Lane, Richo or Lingy)but his last hour has been just how awesome Essendon is as a club and James Hird as a person, but apparently Carlton are just s**t people from BM to the boot studder.

Who is this campaigner.?

Just listening to 3AW.

I don't know who the guy is ( i know it's not (Lane, Richo or Lingy)but his last hour has been just how awesome Essendon is as a club and James Hird as a person, but apparently Carlton are just s**t people from BM to the boot studder.

Who is this campaigner.?

Now they just agreed they we gave up pick 11 for Daisy from a caller. He was a free agent!!!!!!!!!!!

FMD, what the * are these people on.

Now they just agreed they we gave up pick 11 for Daisy from a caller. He was a free agent!!!!!!!!!!!

FMD, what the **** are these people on.

Tbh they just talk out of their arse most of the time.

If someone says something that completely wrong the others guys don' know any better and they will just run with it.

FMD, what the **** are these people on.
Presumably that is because we received no compensation for Eddie as a consequence of taking Daisy. Perhaps the suggestion is that we would have received a pick around 11...

Where's the audio recordings for MM on the coaches box and Triggs/Logudices interviews?

I posted the MM interview from the coaches box on the previous page to this one in this thread.

Here is the Trigg one;

Presumably that is because we received no compensation for Eddie as a consequence of taking Daisy. Perhaps the suggestion is that we would have received a pick around 11...

No. It was a definitive "Carlton traded pick 11 for Daisy" .

Then 5 of them, including Tim Lane, just said yes that wasn't a great trade.

Jesus wept, no wonder the Bombers are getting away with drug cheating, if you say something often enough it just becomes true.

I posted the MM interview from the coaches box on the previous page to this one in this thread.

Here is the Trigg one;

Thanks for posting this gab213 :thumbsu:

I have not heard Trigg speak but I was quite impressed by what he said, certainly put that clown Robbo in his place.

Here is the Trigg one;

Thanks for the post Gab......I think Trigg handled himself very well & showed Robbo up to be a fool just trying to grab a headline rather than intelligent football journalist.

Very impressive ... A feeling I'm developing is that if Carlton are absolutely prepared to stand strong, they'll reappoint MM ... As in, I think off-field they're keen for him to remain coach into the future ... Whether they manage that in the face of (most often ignorant) supporter and media pressure is something I'm concerned about and something I'm looking forward to watching unfold. Enjoyed listening to Whateley's view of MM this year.

Very impressive ... A feeling I'm developing is that if Carlton are absolutely prepared to stand strong, they'll reappoint MM ... As in, I think off-field they're keen for him to remain coach into the future ... Whether they manage that in the face of (most often ignorant) supporter and media pressure is something I'm concerned about and something I'm looking forward to watching unfold. Enjoyed listening to Whateley's view of MM this year.
Where is Whateley's view? Got a link?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where is Whateley's view? Got a link?
He said that Malthouse had tried really really hard over the first two rounds to be more inclusive and generous with his responses to media - and that in his (Whateley's) mind - there is no doubt that there are people out there who are 'after' Malthouse.

Trigg's interviews has been very good. Lined up both Carlton/Malthouse's biggest and most vocal critics in Robbo and Sellers.

Both tried hard to undo him and find something negative to use in their criticism of the club, the coach, himself etc and found nothing to fuel their arguments or create further criticism. It's good in away, it makes me wonder if the club has initiated it as they are generating a load of bad publicity. What's going on in the media could make further decisions the club makes unpopular with fans. For example, I'm sure there are a lot of fans that would be angry if we re-sign the coach, particularly with him copping a lot of the criticism and blame.

It was great to see Robbo and Sellers agenda and opinions watered down a bit.

It's interesting that Trigg says 2/3/4 years when talking about the rebuild. I think people assume it's gonna be 5+ years until we are really competitive again when they hear the word rebuild. I don't think it's going to be that long, or at least hope not.

We've still got players in the team right now that will be there with the new players that we're bringing in. It's not like we're going to get rid of Gibbs and Yarran as some seem to suggest. They are still part of the future! And don't forget the young guys we've got... Cripps, Buckley, Doc, Menz, Byrne, Boek, Whiley, Jaksch!

3 losses, as s**t as they were, have made people forget that we've never had this many impressive young kids in the last 10+ years!

In my opinion, we had already started the rebuild, it's not like we started last week. And I think that's what Trigg was getting at in that interview. We didn't admit it publicly, but it makes sense that any team who is not competing for top 4 is essentially rebuilding in one way or another.

It's interesting that Trigg says 2/3/4 years when talking about the rebuild. I think people assume it's gonna be 5+ years until we are really competitive again when they hear the word rebuild. I don't think it's going to be that long, or at least hope not.

We've still got players in the team right now that will be there with the new players that we're bringing in. It's not like we're going to get rid of Gibbs and Yarran as some seem to suggest. They are still part of the future! And don't forget the young guys we've got... Cripps, Buckley, Doc, Menz, Byrne, Boek, Whiley, Jaksch!

3 losses, as s**t as they were, have made people forget that we've never had this many impressive young kids in the last 10+ years!

In my opinion, we had already started the rebuild, it's not like we started last week. And I think that's what Trigg was getting at in that interview. We didn't admit it publicly, but it makes sense that any team who is not competing for top 4 is essentially rebuilding in one way or another.

Yep he is being conservative I suggest

Here is a side based on not including those aged over 27 ...

B Sheehan, XXXXXX, Touhy
HB Byrne, Jaksch, Docherty
C Murphy, Cripps, Boekhurst
FOLL Kreuzer (if he gets injury free), Whiley, Gibbs
HF Yarran, Henderson, Buckley
F Smith, Casboult (if he learns to kick), Menzel

INT Bell, Dick, Everitt, Graham, Jones (still young for a KPP), Watson (still young for a KPP), DVR, White, Tutt, Thomas (he isn't 28 yet)

Not that bad really and proves we have a start already, it is not like we have a list of 30 year olds and no kids at all

Note : I have not included Rowe or Jamison as I don't rate either

teams don't usually start a rebuild with Menz, Cripps, Bucks, Jaksch, Doc etc. we're not ground zero. it'll take 3 or 4 years, but there's something to work with. from memory when stk started their rebuild they only had Steven & at a stretch Armitage.

Yes, now they have Shane Savage.. you could say they stole him from us but meh.

teams don't usually start a rebuild with Menz, Cripps, Bucks, Jaksch, Doc etc. we're not ground zero. it'll take 3 or 4 years, but there's something to work with. from memory when stk started their rebuild they only had Steven & at a stretch Armitage.

That's what I'm trying to get at. People think we are going to have to wipe the list clean and start again. We're ****** but not that ******

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back