Champions League 15/16

Team Most likely to Win the UCL

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

My stats say 5 goals in 12 appearances (8 starts). For comparison Rooney has 2 in 11 starts.

My stats are all comps, the Turkish league is below the EPL, RvPs stats are average. He would do nothing to improve us this season, he was s**t last season with 10 goals in 29 games, his body couldn't stand up in the EPL.

If we were going to keep a striker than it would have been Hernandez.

Compare the leagues, Turkey is utter trash standard
Which also means utter trash service from team mates. Getting the ball played to him by Mata, Herrera and Martial etc he would surely score more than Nani and Markovic.

He obviously isn't a long term answer but given United's lack of clinical strikers and composure in front of goal he would have been handy to still have on the books this season.

Which also means utter trash service from team mates. Getting the ball played to him by Mata, Herrera and Martial etc he would surely score more than Nani and Markovic.

He obviously isn't a long term answer but given United's lack of clinical strikers and composure in front of goal he would have been handy to still have on the books this season.
We will agree to disagree on that one, I don't think he would of scored yet

Least they kept you awake!
You didn't watch this morning?
Might be in the minority but thought we played some good entertaining football, just couldn't put it in the net.
As frustrating as it is I think United supporters need to get their head around the fact that this isn't a quick fix project, will take some time to turn it around, we are miles off the pace of the top European clubs

How many of you Utd men are still fully behind LVG?

Do you think it's down to personnel or the way he had you set up to play?

Lol, ok mate, yep RvP on 250K a week wages is handy for us this season when he was clearly finished in the EPL last season.

IMO it's mostly personnel, we are controlling the game but failing to convert, the shots are also happening.

Better than Rooney on 300k :thumbsu:

Not it's not. Rooney is two years younger and obviously in a rut, RvP is injury prone and being average in a lesser league.

Nice try though.

The problems are personnel IMO and this is largely why we're set up to play this way, which is why FAITH's call about needing to "change your tactics to suit the squad you have" rather than splash out to fix a problem is laughable. We've got plenty of quality everywhere but in our attack and LVG needs to take some blame for his selections, particularly persisting with Rooney at #10 instead of Herrera who consistently improves the quality and pace of our passing in the final third, as well as offering a bigger goal threat.

It's hard to say whether I'm fully behind LVG tbh, he's far too stubborn and this can be very frustrating at times. I think we're in a period of transition and I think he's actually doing an excellent job in rebuilding the club from the ashes of Fergie's transfer market neglect and the disaster that was Moyes tbh. I think he's created a really good platform for a successor to come in and reap the rewards but I think it's going to take a new man to make the tweaks necessary to take us to the next level. In a few years time I think we'll look back on LVG as instrumental in shaping the clubs future and we'll be thankful for it, but right now I don't see us being more than a contender whilst we're so toothless.

The problems are personnel IMO and this is largely why we're set up to play this way, which is why FAITH's call about needing to "change your tactics to suit the squad you have" rather than splash out to fix a problem is laughable. We've got plenty of quality everywhere but in our attack and LVG needs to take some blame for his selections, particularly persisting with Rooney at #10 instead of Herrera who consistently improves the quality and pace of our passing in the final third, as well as offering a bigger goal threat.

It's hard to say whether I'm fully behind LVG tbh, he's far too stubborn and this can be very frustrating at times. I think we're in a period of transition and I think he's actually doing an excellent job in rebuilding the club from the ashes of Fergie's transfer market neglect and the disaster that was Moyes tbh. I think he's created a really good platform for a successor to come in and reap the rewards but I think it's going to take a new man to make the tweaks necessary to take us to the next level. In a few years time I think we'll look back on LVG as instrumental in shaping the clubs future and we'll be thankful for it, but right now I don't see us being more than a contender whilst we're so toothless.

LvG from the start said don't expect the EPL title for 2-3 years, he knew a lot of work was needed, at this stage he is still setting the side up for the long term and mainly for the next manager.

He also isn't afraid to play youth as well which is good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not it's not. Rooney is two years younger and obviously in a rut, RvP is injury prone and being average in a lesser league.

Nice try though.
Who cares about their age when your issue is now? Whether Rooney is in a rut or just losing it you aren't scoring enough goals so selling your only real striker without adequately replacing him has now left you with a squad short on forwards. 250k a week for one season for a team like United is worth much less than goals are.

Like all your supporters have been saying, you are playing "half" decent football but have no one to finish off the chances, RVP could have provided that.

Who cares about their age when your issue is now? Whether Rooney is in a rut or just losing it you aren't scoring enough goals so selling your only real striker without adequately replacing him has now left you with a squad short on forwards. 250k a week for one season for a team like United is worth much less than goals are.

Like all your supporters have been saying, you are playing "half" decent football but have no one to finish off the chances, RVP could have provided that.

If you truly think the over the hill done and dusted RvP is the answer to United's woes up front then I feel for you.

RvP couldn't provide the water to a wet t-shirt contest.

RVP wouldn't have changed much IMO, pace and lack of movement up front is a major part of the problem and playing RVP only exacerbated the problem last season, he was well past it by the end.

If we kept anyone it should have been Hernandez.

If you truly think the over the hill done and dusted RvP is the answer to United's woes up front then I feel for you.

McLovin doesn't do t-shirts.

CJyCE8WUsAAwts5.jpg

RVP wouldn't have changed much IMO, pace and lack of movement up front is a major part of the problem and playing RVP only exacerbated the problem last season, he was well past it by the end.

Spot on, apparently we're wrong though...

Arsenal could do with a prolific scorer, it's their major weakness, maybe they can bring RvP back...:$

I'm not saying that he's "the answer", but if he was still on your books I think you would have scored more goals than you have now. That's it.

I'm not saying that he's "the answer", but if he was still on your books I think you would have scored more goals than you have now. That's it.

Well you'd be wrong.

Hernandez was as much of a loss (I admit I forgot about him as he was on loan at Madrid last season). That pace and movement up front should be being provided by Memphis, Mata, Martial etc too though? Put a genuine CF in the middle of them and he would surely get plenty of chances to score.

If you could predict what would have happened in an alternative universe I'd agree, but you can't and I have my opinion.

Maybe I can.

Hernandez was as much of a loss (I admit I forgot about him as he was on loan at Madrid last season). That pace and movement up front should be being provided by Memphis, Mata, Martial etc too though? Put a genuine CF in the middle of them and he would surely get plenty of chances to score.

Memphis - Martial - Mata
Herrera behind.

Solved.

Just like Rooney isn't the answer to the ST problems neither is RVP. Having multiple shite ST options doesn't really achieve much especially when most the time there is 1 maximum 2 up top anyway

Maybe I can.

Memphis - Martial - Mata
Herrera behind.

Solved.
You can't.

So the problem is personnel, but by playing your current personnel the problem is solved? :drunk:

Sure Martial is injured right now but you could have played that arrangement quite often this season and haven't. So the problem is the manager?

Back