Changes for Rnd 22 v GWS (out 7, 8, 17, 20, 32, 34; in: 2, 10, 18, 24, 31, 41)

Remove this Banner Ad

The Martin fascination amuses me. He is a great vfl footballer and only an average at best afl footballer. He's a midget without pace. I wish him well but he's never going to play in our next premiership team.

He got one bloody game to set the world alight. And his VFL form lately has been as a result of the tearing down of his confidence. His mind is at another club I reckon.

Hand in your membership and go watch a different sport.

I want us to win this match and have a chance of making finals with a hugely against the odds game vs Hawthorn

I want Miranda Kerr to knock on my bedroom door and ask to come in. Has as much likelihood of happening as a win against Hawthorn.

So that leaves me with blue balls and the Pies with a decision to make in regards to what positives that they can take away from the remaining games. A game or two for your youngsters is a positive. A meaningless win against GWS is nothing other than a waste of an opportunity.

Seedsman didn't blow my trousers off, and I am a Seeds fan. Martin disposal and decision making wasn't great.

What about Mooney? Just can't see why we selected a bloke that has been injured every second week all year in Dwyer, and someone that even the Twos coach said he was not great. Yet we leave Karnezis out...ridiculous.

The selections are what they are. Good luck to any 1st timers and good luck to the old timers. I hope Bucks backs his midweek statement and allows the boys some freedom to play some unshackled footy.

Go the Pies.

The selections are what they are. Good luck to any 1st timers and good luck to the old timers. I hope Bucks backs his midweek statement and allows the boys some freedom to play some unshackled footy.

Go the Pies.

I would love that. Play Attacking footy and not the Super Defensive game we have been playing

Goals will be like leprechauns. They may exist, but we won't be likely to see many.
Jesse White as a one man band? Seriously, where is Gault, Lynch or Karnezis? He is no good as a 2nd or 3rd forward, so you'd think as the only forward, he'll struggle.
Ben Kennedy dropped? Sigh. I see ol' Blairy gets another run though. This is going to be a horrible game to watch. There will be about 3,500 people in the stands, and about 22,000 empty red seats.

I'm not angry anymore, just disappointed. It's farcical.

Good luck to Ramsay though. I love seeing new guys debut and reckon he could be one of those guys who is solid at any level, just struggles to absolutely dominate a game.

But yeah, can't wait for Bucks to crush any enthusiasm I have for this game when he names him the sub.

Goals will be like leprechauns. They may exist, but we won't be likely to see many.
Jesse White as a one man band? Seriously, where is Gault, Lynch or Karnezis? He is no good as a 2nd or 3rd forward, so you'd think as the only forward, he'll struggle.
Ben Kennedy dropped? Sigh. I see ol' Blairy gets another run though. This is going to be a horrible game to watch. There will be about 3,500 people in the sands, and about 22,000 empty red seats.

Do you know this, or are you just saying all this to strengthen your argument? Oh sorry mate, I just was being a total flog there, must be rubbing off, carry on.

Exactly. I was keen for the opportunity to see some new names. Good luck to Ramsey, but of course he'll be the sub, then get dropped next week regardless.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just as a matter of interest, who would you delist or have retired at years end. It seems your list might be longer than it can be.

Might answer this one in a slightly different way.

We are in a phase of the rebuild where we have some good youngsters coming through but also have some players that have been fine servants of the club who are beginning to spud it up. So the focus for me isn't so much as to who we trade/delist this year but as to who struggles to hold a spot towards the end of next year.

I'd like to see these guys under real pressure to get a game because they replacements are coming on:

Dwyer
Harry O
Blair
Ball
Tooves
Brown

That's phase two of a rebuild.

So your support of him is because of a personal connection. OK.

Yep, he is my brother. He said that Broomhead is going home, Bucks whips the boys in off site rooms across the road from the club. Swan is retiring, Lumumba is going to the Bombers to fill up on peptides, and Marley Williams only got off his charges lightly because he went to this flog of a solicitor that was sort of like Dennis Denuto who talked about the vibe, because he is an expert on vibes he gets from Sexyland, but in his spare time this solicitor spends most his life on a chat site made by a Mr Whippy Truck vendor, who has since left it to a self important part time recruiter with a overflowing sense of self worth who has turn it into a flogs paradise. Oh and Alan Didak is coming back next year, as he knocked back 10 other sides that wanted him to play on, but promised the Pies he would get fit and make a Warnie type come back, so yeah, it is all happening.

Do you know this, or are you just saying all this to strengthen your argument? Oh sorry mate, I just was being a total flog there, must be rubbing off, carry on.

So you're saying I'm a total flog for being disappointed with selection? I merely gave my opinion. On a forum. The horror

So you're saying I'm a total flog for being disappointed with selection? I merely gave my opinion. On a forum. The horror

Sorry mate, wasn't directed toward you. I agree that if my post wasn't a sarcastic comment directed to another poster, it would be terribly rude of me, and could be construed as me just fishing for an argument.

I actually agreed with everything you said.

Last edited:
Ben Kennedy omitted?

FFS! Can't get a game with a full list to choose from despite being a top 22 member, can't get a game when the entire senior list is missing through injury.

I think about the same as when Dawes and Ceglar played one good game in a row before going back to their normal standard, but in the meantime led to a melt down on this board.
I see that McEvoy has been dropped in favour of Ceglar this week. So much for your one good game theory. Meanwhile our rucks were smashed last week by Stefan Martin, a player who cost Brisbane pick s 52 and 71. That's what I call a bargain.

I see that Ceglar has been dropped in favour of Ceglar this week. So much for your one good game theory. Meanwhile our rucks were smashed last week by Stefan Martin, a player who cost Brisbane pick s 52 and 71. That's what I call a bargain.
So Ceglar is playing VFL & AFL?

I see that Ceglar has been dropped in favour of Ceglar this week. So much for your one good game theory. Meanwhile our rucks were smashed last week by Stefan Martin, a player who cost Brisbane pick s 52 and 71. That's what I call a bargain.
He hasn't played again yet - how can it already be more than one good game? Let him at least play before claiming another good game. Told you we over rate those that have left us -they are hailed for having played well just by getting selected:D

Agree on Martin seems an inspired choice by the Lions. However, I am very bullish about our two rucks in the long run.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back