Unofficial Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 19 vs. Essendon, Sun 24/07, 3:20pm MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Essendon are now playing how I expected them to play on Anzac day. More dare, more speed.

I recall GWS were playing bold football prior to our game. They then proceeded to go gun shy for three quarters.

Should be a good test for our structure to see how it holds up.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Grundy to assume Coxs role as a forward ruck and allow Cameron to run out most of the game as a ruckman.
How about a Grundy/Cox 60/40 ruck rotation with Cameron forward and the other of Grundy/Cox dropping back behind the ball to counter Peter Wright's marking?
Could work, only concern would be lack of speed/ground level pressure.

Can’t we play all of Grundy,Cox and Cameron in the same side?We did it in the 2020 elimination final against the Eagles and it worked out well for us.I would play Grundy and Cox in the ruck as they are our best two rucks,and Cameron up forward most of the time,as he is the best marker and kick for goal of the three of them.

I think it's worth looking at and i'd be surprised if we don't give it a crack in Grundy's return game as they manage his TOG.

Coxy is playing a sneakily important role for us.

Crisp has been ordinary for a few weeks so I can see the point, however with his points in the bank he won’t get dropped.

Spot on.

There was an incident going back about a month, where Crispy missed a training session or 2 due to what Mcrae described as 'personal reasons'.

I do wonder if this has something to do with his drop in form, or whether it's just coincidental.

He started the season so well so it's strange to see such a consistent drop in form from him.

Bianco is much better than what people think. Below average as a forward, above average as a defensive wing-sort.

Like Murphy, it seems that the penny has dropped for Bianco. It seemed like he belonged out there on the weekend.

He may not retain his spot, but he gives us great depth.

I think you are right Draper is a physical ruck and I think we might need Grundy,s strength to combat him otherwise I can see him dominating.

Ps a straight swap Grundy for Cox, Cox unlucky but we need Grundy,s strength against Draper IMO.
Draper strikes me as the exact kind of bloke who would purposefully go out of his way to test out the knee he caused damage to on Anzac Day.

On SM-G981B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Insurance for if Grundy gets re-injured? If Grundy isn't 100% we shouldn't play him in the first place.
Nah. Not insurance from that perspective, but I think Cox provides a good alternative should any player go down - in particular the talls which we don’t have many of.

It would be cruel if we played Cox for two consecutive months of slippery wet-weather football and then dropped him for the game which is forecast to be 18 degrees and sunny!

I think we're likely to do it though.

Will be interesting to see whether Grundy can add any competitiveness in the air, because Cameron and Cox have shown us all what it's like to have the luxury of a ruckman who can take a pack grab around the ground. It's so, so valuable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can’t we play all of Grundy,Cox and Cameron in the same side?We did it in the 2020 elimination final against the Eagles and it worked out well for us.I would play Grundy and Cox in the ruck as they are our best two rucks,and Cameron up forward most of the time,as he is the best marker and kick for goal of the three of them.
Johnson/Henry better forward options than Cox.

Think Ruscoe will be omitted given it will be the first time in a number of weeks that all our best backs are available.
Isn’t he the seventh backman - in case Howe, Moore or Murphy are injured. Noble covers the smalls and wingers.

Spot on.

There was an incident going back about a month, where Crispy missed a training session or 2 due to what Mcrae described as 'personal reasons'.

I do wonder if this has something to do with his drop in form, or whether it's just coincidental.

He started the season so well so it's strange to see such a consistent drop in form from him.
Crispy was proper crook with influenza over the bye. Only just managed to play.
That can sap your energy for a few weeks minimum.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back